Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Easily yeah, but it still seems like they could be doing more with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i kind of just dont even feel like watching nxt post AEW anymore, that makes me a little sad because nxt got me back into wrestling full time :[

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So I'm not really too bothered by it because the result is obvious, but Rhea vs Bianca is probably going to be a bit of a rough match at Portland.

But I'm fine with it, because I feel like they are saving Rhea vs Io for Takeover Tampa. And they probably didn't want to run the Rhea/Io match this early because it's pretty obvious the audience is going to be (at best for Rhea) split when she feuds with Io, at worst, turn completely against her. Because holy loving poo poo Io was one of the most over performers the entire night.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Wow. 8 minute overrun and they can’t even loving end on time and my DVR cuts it off.

gently caress this company and everything that they do.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Astro7x posted:

Wow. 8 minute overrun and they can’t even loving end on time and my DVR cuts it off.

Rule of thumb regarding sports programs (no matter if there is an overrun or not) is to set your DVR to record at least 10 minutes past the original ending time.

Also NXT has been doing overrun for awhile now.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Astro7x posted:

:agreed:

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

i actually think every match tonight was either good or great? though not having nigel on commentary def had me on AEW for audio the whole time.

I hope all of the feuds they teased in the battle royale actually come to fruition b/c that's the most attention they've given non-title feuds in a while I think.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah this was much better than last week. The battle royale was lots of fun. They have so many talented women and it seems like they're trying to use them all.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I dug Shotzi eliminating Shayna, but I wish Io had won. I'm worried about them pulling a Kairi with her where they never quite pull the trigger and then just when it seems like they might Vince throws a dart at a corkboard and it lands on her 8x10 and that's it, she's off to the main roster and NXT storylines be damned.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

You'd be forgiven for loathing NXT's main events, but Kairi did win the belt before she was called up and while disrupting the Io feud was bizarre, it's not like she didn't have good matches with Candace as a result.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Io probably would have lost to Rhea if she won the battle royal.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

I dug Shotzi eliminating Shayna, but I wish Io had won. I'm worried about them pulling a Kairi with her where they never quite pull the trigger and then just when it seems like they might Vince throws a dart at a corkboard and it lands on her 8x10 and that's it, she's off to the main roster and NXT storylines be damned.

Io likely would have lost to Rhea. And that would have been bad for NXT considering Rhea is already starting to irritate people, and her going up against Io will probably cause the audience to turn on her at this point.

Save that feud for down the line and have Io actually win. She can't afford another title shot loss without looking like a loser.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I never would’ve thought to put Dunne and Riddle together but drat if this isn’t great chemistry

https://twitter.com/tde_wrestling/status/1217655319112888321?s=21

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That Xplex/powerbomb combo is a beaut

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Spiderdrake posted:

but Kairi did win the belt before she was called up

The abrupt end to that short reign with Shayna getting the title back is still one of the more headscratching moments of the last few years for me.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

The abrupt end to that short reign with Shayna getting the title back is still one of the more headscratching moments of the last few years for me.

I think it was probably because they wanted a title change at Evolution, and there was no chance Ronda was losing to Nikki, and the arena probably would have rioted if Becky lost to Charlotte. So they made Kairi the sacrificial lamb.

They probably should have given it back to her at War Games in hindsight, but whatever.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3911550
Became the change I wanted to be and created a more up to date thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Rip this thread