Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I was expecting more action for the finale, especially since the OP makes it seem like it was gonna be more nuts than it actually was. Still fun to watch, especially with how Al was like a car dealer showing Sousuke all the new features this year's model has. Also, Sousuke in the M6 with the speedloaders was baller as hell in the previous episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXkyEbrqNGw&t=156s

Chidori's "murder them all" speech was so romantic and perfect for the lovely couple. Give 'em hell, Sagara.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The best part of that speech is that Chidori immediately clarified "hey Sousuke, I was just being figurative with the millions; don't do that", because she knew he'd take it literally if need be.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

tsob posted:

The best part of that speech is that Chidori immediately clarified "hey Sousuke, I was just being figurative with the millions; don't do that", because she knew he'd take it literally if need be.

But thousands? Thousands is still cool.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Coxswain Balls posted:

But thousands? Thousands is still cool.

What girl wouldn't love a wedding dowry of a mountain of corpses?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I appreciated the CRTs that Leonard was using in the VTC with Amalgam.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Midjack posted:

I appreciated the CRTs that Leonard was using in the VTC with Amalgam.

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that. TSR got pretty fancy with the folding holodisplays and other near-future tech, and then with this one the writers remembered that the show's setting is in the year 2000 and did a hard turn to more anachronistic stuff.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Dug this out of my closet. I think I got it ten years ago, and now I finally get to see it in action.

Coxswain Balls fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jul 23, 2018

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Coxswain Balls posted:

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that. TSR got pretty fancy with the folding holodisplays and other near-future tech, and then with this one the writers remembered that the show's setting is in the year 2000 and did a hard turn to more anachronistic stuff.

You can get away with it a little given that Amalgam and Mithril both have Whispered giving them advanced technology but they did go a little too far with it in TSR.

Three books left to go, I really hope we get Full Metal Panic! Vindication in the next year or two. It will probably depend on how well the Invisible Victory merch sells; god knows I did my part there. :retrogames:

I realize they had to cut some stuff out of the books but it's too bad they left out Nami contacting Kaname through Whispered telepathy after she died.

EDIT: this article is a pretty good state of the franchise for FMP.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jul 23, 2018

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Coxswain Balls posted:

I was expecting more action for the finale, especially since the OP makes it seem like it was gonna be more nuts than it actually was. Still fun to watch, especially with how Al was like a car dealer showing Sousuke all the new features this year's model has. Also, Sousuke in the M6 with the speedloaders was baller as hell in the previous episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXkyEbrqNGw&t=156s

Chidori's "murder them all" speech was so romantic and perfect for the lovely couple. Give 'em hell, Sagara.

Yea, I loved that little detail. Love shotguns, but I love rapid reloads even more. And looking back, it was great to see Sousuke making due with the 2nd gen Arm Slaves. It goes without say that guerrilla fighter Sousuke is where it's at, on foot and in mecha. Granted, he doesn't get to do the lone wolf thing all the time when he's working in his unit, but being the underdog and coming out on top thanks to his planning is a great feat.

Yea, that speech at the end was the best. We're gonna be in for a wild ride, that's for sure. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I loved this season but god drat the art and animation was way off model

• Locked thread