Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Time for Poirier-Alvarez 2 for the interim title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I know it's a normal occupational hazard for fighters but being covered in someone else's blood has to be rough especially when it's pouring into your open eyes and mouth

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

israel was going to lose but it got vetoed

Popping in hours later to throw an lol to my fellow UN Security Council member.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gaethje is just lightweight Matt Brown

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

CRISPYBABY posted:

Is getting constantly punched in the face integral to what he does? I'd imagine that improving his head movent or actually effectively blocking would go a long way, even if he keeps doing risky poo poo.

When he thinks he's gonna get punched, he shells up really high, and leans forward. This lets him shift his weight into a kick and to bring him deeper into range on someone trying to throw straight punches.
Most of the traditional things you do to get your head out of the way also off-balance your torso and take power out of your kicks. So, yes, that always right in your face posture gives him a real advantage in leg kicks.

Taking straight punches on the top of your head behind your forearms isn't that bad, but to only do that in combination with counting on your insane chin to take care of the rest is dangerously simplistic for a fighting style at this level.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Anything absolutely must-watch on this show?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Jerusalem posted:

er, yeah the main event

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

The whole card wasn't too bad, but Poirier/Gaethje is a must-watch, Condit/Oliveira was good and the Reis/Moraga and Casey/Waterson matches were real fun grapplefights.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, just finished Poirier/Gaethje, that was pretty loving brutal.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Top moment of the night:

"He's gone!"
"He's not gone!"
"He's gone!"
"He's not gone!"
"He's gone!"
"He's not gone!"
"...he's not gone?"
"No."
"He's not?"
"No, he's waiting, he's faking so Olivera burns his arms out."
Condit taps out

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Cruz is just a Condit fanboy like all of us

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
rest in peace my friend carlos

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Triticum Guzzler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oCnqy8Klaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

• Locked thread