Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Applewhite posted:

That's a hell of an icebreaker, I'll give her that.

She looked exactly like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZdlqTQ3PpY&t=35s

Being computer-generated is NOT a valid excuse to have no genitals, these forums taught me that a long time ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

I had a dream last night where I was snowboarding in bare feet (on my Santa Cruz snowboard, but it had no bindings. Just a flat surface.) with my best friend's gf. I was ripping it up down the mountain, but she couldn't keep up, so I had to stop shredding and wait for her all the time. I also had bandages on my feet.

Hmmm. Maybe I like my bff's girl.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Easy interp on that one. It's a path that will make it difficult to continue.
Because you have to constantly wait up and also your feet will get hosed up from it.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Last night I had a convoluted and disjointed dream that was mostly mundane and uninteresting, but then there was the part where I had to roll a morbidly obese harbor seal up a slag heap. I don't remember why it had to be done, but I do remember that the seal was being a smug fat gently caress about the whole ordeal.

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Applewhite posted:

I dreamed that Matt Groening had learned animation at "Tay College," which was one of those colleges with satellite campuses all over the world. As luck would have it they had an office right near me so I decided to sign up for their intro to animation course so that I could count myself among its illustrious alumni.

The registrar happily printed me out an enrollment slip, but was extremely elusive about where and when the class would be held and even how much it would cost. The information was not included on the slip. When I finally lost my temper and told her to forget the whole thing, she finally at least decided to tell me where the class would be held, pointing out the window at a tiny barbershop over a Chili's across the street. She also handwrote a lot of information down on the registration slip. I was still trying to decipher her handwriting when I woke up.

Matt Groening was once an unknown artist with a humble background (satellite colleges)> I feel a personal similarity (you also enrolled)> An I can do it/ I can't do it conflict stemming from a feeling of ignorance (slip has no information on it) >The conflict is resolved in favor of I can do it (she relents and gives you the location, including writing things down).

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I dreamt last night that I was on a first date at a fancy restaurant. My date was a real pretty blonde lady in a red dress with red lipstick. The first thing she says to me after we sat down was "I was born with no vagina". When I woke up, I wondered whether she had been lying to me or not.

I wanna have sex with pretty ladies. I can't have sex with pretty ladies :saddowns:... unless I've been deceived

Blow posted:

I had a dream last night where I was snowboarding in bare feet (on my Santa Cruz snowboard, but it had no bindings. Just a flat surface.) with my best friend's gf. I was ripping it up down the mountain, but she couldn't keep up, so I had to stop shredding and wait for her all the time. I also had bandages on my feet.

Hmmm. Maybe I like my bff's girl.

Do you and your friend snowboard together? My guess would be tension over your bff's attention (the dream is structured around her pursuit of you), but you're much better at this competition than she is.

Queen Victorian posted:

Last night I had a convoluted and disjointed dream that was mostly mundane and uninteresting, but then there was the part where I had to roll a morbidly obese harbor seal up a slag heap. I don't remember why it had to be done, but I do remember that the seal was being a smug fat gently caress about the whole ordeal.

You're Sisyphus. Someone in your life makes you feel burdened? They're also smug about it?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
It's been almost a year but i still have frequent dreams where I'm just still with my ex acc everything is normal and cool and then i wake up and have to go through reminding myself that i ruined my own happiness

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I usually dream about the latest video game I’ve been binging on

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

clone on the phone posted:

I usually dream about the latest video game I’ve been binging on

I remember when I was balls deep in minecraft I would have dreams about trying to get a house together and a bed built in time for nighttime cause I needed to sleep every night or else I'd never regain stamina

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Split Pea Superman posted:

You're Sisyphus. Someone in your life makes you feel burdened? They're also smug about it?

The Sisyphus parallel definitely occurred to me, I'm certainly strung out by work, planning a wedding, trying to remodel a huge old house, and getting stalled out on everything because of indecisiveness or disagreement or whatever. No one's being smug about hampering my efforts at getting poo poo done though.

I don't put much stock in the meaning of my dreams because they're all pretty outlandish and absurd.

One time I dreamed that I found a huge creepy Mayan pyramid in the jungle, and inside its base (which was hollow), was a merry-go-round, but instead of horses, it was all giant potatoes with dainty little saddles.

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Queen Victorian posted:

The Sisyphus parallel definitely occurred to me, I'm certainly strung out by work, planning a wedding, trying to remodel a huge old house, and getting stalled out on everything because of indecisiveness or disagreement or whatever. No one's being smug about hampering my efforts at getting poo poo done though.

I don't put much stock in the meaning of my dreams because they're all pretty outlandish and absurd.

One time I dreamed that I found a huge creepy Mayan pyramid in the jungle, and inside its base (which was hollow), was a merry-go-round, but instead of horses, it was all giant potatoes with dainty little saddles.

Whats the source of indecision and disagreement? It's pretty common for people to adopt a hesitating attitude when they feel overwhelmed by something.

The other dream has interesting content, but without context on stuff like how Mayan pyramid's relate to your life, or what a merry-go-round reminds you of, or what emotions you felt then there's not much to read into. A very superficial reading would be that it's about having children.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I have had the same recurring theme in my dreams for honestly as long as I can remember - its never the same exact dream but it goes like this:

I'll be in some situation where I walk into a room with an aquarium or multiple aquariums. They are always filled with super bizarre fish or amphibians, some will be normal but there will always be some strange out of this world fish like creature in them. Sometimes it's terrifying and I walk through row after row of aquariums and sometimes it's hard for me to even look into them because I get a terrified/panicked feeling. Sometimes it will just be as simple as an aquarium in someones house but it will always be full of some truly strange aquatic creatures.

I'm not really sure what to make of this, but I guess when was a kid I always loved just going to the pet store and checking out all the aquariums and especially reptiles and amphibians, and I always used to have at least some kind of odd pets.

I still do have a pet newt in a terrarium, but this is a whole different level.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Voltage posted:

I have had the same recurring theme in my dreams for honestly as long as I can remember - its never the same exact dream but it goes like this:

I'll be in some situation where I walk into a room with an aquarium or multiple aquariums. They are always filled with super bizarre fish or amphibians, some will be normal but there will always be some strange out of this world fish like creature in them. Sometimes it's terrifying and I walk through row after row of aquariums and sometimes it's hard for me to even look into them because I get a terrified/panicked feeling. Sometimes it will just be as simple as an aquarium in someones house but it will always be full of some truly strange aquatic creatures.

I'm not really sure what to make of this, but I guess when was a kid I always loved just going to the pet store and checking out all the aquariums and especially reptiles and amphibians, and I always used to have at least some kind of odd pets.

I still do have a pet newt in a terrarium, but this is a whole different level.

You're not dreaming those are memory fragments from when the SCP agency dosed you will Class A Amnesiacs to make you forget about accidentally stumbling on their creepy fish SCPs.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i have a recurring dream location that functions like a way station between dream scenes. it never looks the same save for one feature: the horizon is utterly flat and i can see for hundreds of miles in all directions. there are always multiple portals, but they take different forms such as doorways, archways, darkened corners, or simply curtains depending on how i stumbled onto the way station. i have never met other characters in this location, but I have felt a presence watching me.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
nevermind I already did this stupid post sorry

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
on a more unique post, does anyone else every find themselves drifting to sleep to the rhythm of a fan or something, then realize they're brain is making up songs to the beat?

real early this morning i woke up, leaned up and looked, crashed back down and i guess fell asleep again, because i remember watching in an out-of-body-experience my brain composing a simple chillwave of "Clany's Red Octooobe-ee-e-e-e--errr"

cnut
May 3, 2016

I dream of Jeanie with the light brown hair.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I had to do my old inventory taking job but instead of a grocery store it was my old high school and i was counting all the stuff in kids lockers

Except i was late and performing poorly and got yelled at and fired and woke up in a panic realizing i had slept through my alarm and had just enough time to speed to work and make it on time. This kind of thing has happened more than once am I an x-person

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I just woke up laughing from a dream . My brother and me were 12ish or so in the dream , and we were exploring these tunnels with ladders in them that lead to different places . He said one of them was really cool and I should follow him . When we got into the tunnel it was a basement and a bed.

It was the vice principal from Doug and Doug banging. Like he was really going at it. Then I started laughing and pointing at my brother and everybody else did too outside the tunnel ; just laughing at my brothers weird rear end idea of what a "cool" tunnel would be.

I'm still laughing at how absurd that dream is

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Zippy the Bummer posted:

on a more unique post, does anyone else every find themselves drifting to sleep to the rhythm of a fan or something, then realize they're brain is making up songs to the beat?

real early this morning i woke up, leaned up and looked, crashed back down and i guess fell asleep again, because i remember watching in an out-of-body-experience my brain composing a simple chillwave of "Clany's Red Octooobe-ee-e-e-e--errr"

yes.

had a dream I won some kinda grant lottery thing and was selected to go to the Serious Business Real Space Station that was way huger than the one we have now. I also had the choice between having the Americans or having the Russians actually launch me. I picked Russians despite not knowing any Russian and not knowing how to read it -- I didn't trust Musk's rockets and there was some kind of extremely repellant scandal about them too.

So I get to Russia and it's apparently handled by some kind of militaryesque organization I didn't know the details of. Met some chick and we were pretty much unable to communicate but it was cool. Got some a guy to help me with translation and stuff, there was a lot of arcane paperwork involved and we did a lot of fudging the numbers sorta poo poo to get the ok to launch, while cracking jokes and bullshitting heavily. At one point he had to leave to go do some stuff and I looked at the paperwork, sort of kinda guessed what it was asking, then realized he already half-rear end filled it out in a way that was vague and semilegible, so I just botched the rest in whatever I thought was close enough.

Anyway it got approved so we had to go through some kind of installation that involved a ton of catwalks and checkpoints and stuff. One portion was underground. I finally was like "what the gently caress dude how far do we have to go" and he kept saying "don't worry about it we're almost there trust me man." It eventually led to this insanely long dock over a stormy sea and at the very end of it a giant nuclear submarine breached the water like a whale jumping out of the ocean and I basically lost my poo poo like "haha badass you're a dick for not telling me goddamn."

Anyway long story shot but I basically suited up and got into what I realized was essentially an ICBM that launched on a trajectory that intersected the space station's orbit. The launch was rough but I got there fine, and I had no real problem with not having any control over the launch process. My thinking was if the guidance or whatever failed I'd be dead anyway so who cares? If the dream is any indication then Russian space tech is "functional, reliable, ugly, rugged, and insanely uncomfortable." Got the job done but drat.

The actual space station was sleek and futuristic as gently caress and I remember being super psyched to start work but I can't remember the kind of stuff we actually did there.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I dreamed of a gargoyle blossoming open like a flower, rippling as it rose into the sky. As I watched I puked a little into my mouth and was awakened by the foul taste.

I’ve been suffering from food poisoning these past 18 hours.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I ran a good fever a couple of days last week - the most notable dream I had was of Gerald Ford co-starring in Caddyshack.

He and Carl (Bill Murray) were hanging out in Carl's place - there was a huge, full punch bowl that was on Carl's registered hybrid grass and they were doing some hosed up dance. Then they were in a banquet hall, Chevy Chase showed up and they did the same dance around an identical punch bowl. Other weird rear end stuff happened but that's the only thing I remember clearly.

Back in real life, I was throwing up everything, so even when I was desperate for relief from the fever and the bizzarro dreams I couldn't take anything and it loving sucked.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Had a dream it was hatching time for my eggs, like chickam, but I was screwing up bigtime and it was large dangerous lizards that were hatching, and I had to carefully separate them or siblings would try to eat each other

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I haven't posted in this thread since may 22nd. That means I've gone a full week without soul shattering nightmares :unsmith:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
good

I had a dream I was working an old job and realized I wasn't wearing shoes or socks
then I realized I wasn't wearing pants and my junk was just flopping around
then I hosed some chick who worked there

the whoel thing was pretty embarrassing

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
My meds hosed me up. I had a very vivid dream last night that I can’t remember now but because of it my anxiety has been peaking all day. Thanks a lot brain you big dumbass

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

The other night, I had a dream that my wife and I went to a cafeteria-style restaurant in a little town a few miles from where we used to live. It was located in an old trucking company building that has been abandoned for years. While standing in line, we noticed Fred Durst and introduced ourselves. He was friendly, but in a hurry to get his food and go to work on his current movie "Moose".

As we got closer to the food, someone bumped me from behind as they were squirting something from a squeeze bottle into the white gravy in the serving line and laughing. It was Riff Raff who later wandered over to our table while we were eating and he wouldn't shut up about Texas.

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I have a recurring dream where I am back in college at my current age. The situation I'm in, which is never explained in the dream but I "know" in the dream is that my degree is in jeopardy for some reason, and I'm going to lose my job if I don't fix it. (I have been out of college and working for 11 years) I have to re-take some math class in order to earn it back.

The dream always is that I'm wandering the halls, I have no idea where my class is or when my class is - but I know there's a test that I'm missing, and the professor is pissed that I've been skipping and doesn't care that it's because I'm working full time and just found out about this class and test.

It's the worst loving feeling.

I have these sorts of dreams too, only it's something like going through a school year without taking one class because you forget where it is. The school environments always look cool and expansive though.

I had a dream where I was lost and encountered this house built inside a tree. I asked the owner, a lady and her brother, to stay for a bit to get my bearings and they were like "sure". I thought it'd turn out they were crazy or something but nope. Except there was a baby who may or may not have been theirs (incest didn't occur to dream me). Anyway real me would wake up every hour or so, but when I'd go back to bed I'd revisit the house. Every time I'd meet the owners' neighbors or cool college friends and we'd have barbeque Hangouts or something.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Methanar posted:

I haven't posted in this thread since may 22nd. That means I've gone a full week without soul shattering nightmares :unsmith:

Take a melatonin. That always helps me out of a nightmare-free slump.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I had to kill a pitbull, my cousin, and my brother with my bare hands. They each went crazy and attacked a certain air vent in my aunt's(?) house. Then they tried to kill me.

It happened one at a time and each time I was assumed to be totally at fault. It was rabies. I recognized the signs (afraid of water, aggression, that vent rattled slightly so they would punch and bite it, then notice me), but I never put it together.

I had insane feelings of guilt despite the fact there's no way they would have made it

Next dream was I had to lead refugees through some huge mall or something, but only the father lived: I had him scout ahead and he found an exit. I told him to leave to where he couldn't get caught and I would bring his family. When I got back to them they were dying and everything had changed positions and functions, and it was some kind of cryogenic liquid storage facility with no way out.

naem
May 29, 2011

I dreamt that all four of the guys who played hobbits in lotr had to get ready for a new movie so they got jobs at a greasy spoon diner, dressed in their hobbit costumes. "Its method acting" they told me. Sam was having a really hard time getting his accent right he kept swearing and scaring the customers.

Then frodo baggins sat down and has this really heartfelt talk about how my girlfriend is cheating on me, and I got really upset like "no, no way, frodo baggins of the shire, there's no way" and he kept saying "yo totally dawg!! Bitch's runnin' wild!!"

Woke up very upset

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Anyone ever dream in not-reality?

I had a dream where I wasn't in it, but was more of an observer or camera. The whole dream was in Toy Story 1 style computer animation with good lighting but mostly flat colors but it was in the King of the Hill universe. It was Bobby Hill washing his dad's truck but it was small like a power wheel, and as he was washing it parts of it were falling off and he kept saying "Oh dad.." in a nervous way. Everything was in bright colors, and I specifically remember the soap bubbles and how they looked when they were rendered, and the animation with which they popped and left wet spots on the ground. It took place in the alley/street that the dudes always drink in.
I wasn't in the dream, it was in the King of the Hill universe and it was 100% computer animated. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I dream that one day I'll be able to support my family by doing what I love whilst making a positive impact on the world

• Locked thread