Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Quote is not edit!

But might as well add response here rather than making a new post.

Added on the C3PO head (great suggestion), but wasn't sure about the SFX. Was thinking of making the head transferable, but that would maybe make more sense to just create an asset so I'm leaning towards just a limit, unless you can think of any social SFX that would work?

I think the protocol droid head will work well as the point of view communication, as that makes the swarm of Ewoks have a singular voice, so the group would work better as a single character rather than multiple characters.

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 13:45 on May 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Even now, I hear the beat. Though I may have passed from this mortal plane, my spirit has ascended. I have faced the hoary hosts of Hoggoth and weathered the icy tendrils of Ikalthon, but through it all, I have remained strong. The people of earth knew me well, and loved me deeply. That love is why I fought for them, why I tussled with the tumultuous titans of Tyrannia.

For them, I was the tower of power. I was too sweet to be sour. The sky was the limit, and space was the place. I grew to expect the unexpected in the kingdom of madness, and on balance, off balance, it didn't matter. I was the best there ever was and ever will be. I was the cream of the crop, and the cream always rises to the top, brother. And with that outside interference, with my mortal form slain, I am meteoric. I'm on my way, and nothing is gonna stop me.

Down that lonesome highway. My mind is strong. My body is strong. Reincarnation doesn't have to be. I see it now: ten thousand years a champion. Steer away from the hypnotizing gate, rise, rise like the cream I am. A team that needs me, grains of sand in the desert of my madness.

The beat goes on.

ohhHHHHHHHH YEAH

Randall Savage, The Macho Man, Sorcerer Supreme

Affiliations
Solo D10
Buddy D8
Team D6

Distinctions
Bicep Tassles and Arcane Amulets
The Macho Man
Physical and Mystical Phenomeon

SORCERER SUPREME
Supreme Sorcery D12
Mystic Blast D10
Mystic Resistance D8
Transmutation D10
Telepathy D8
SFX: Alliterative Invocations. When using a stunt to create magical assets or complications, add a d6 and step up your effect die.
SFX: Area Attack. Against multiple targets, for every additional target add a d6 and keep an additional effect die.
SFX: Multipower. Add more than one SORCERER SUPREME power to your pool. Step back each SORCERER SUPREME die in your pool once for each die beyond the first.
Limit: The Extent of Sorcery. When you add Supreme Sorcery to any pool, you may only create assets and complications as your effect.

WRESTLER SUPREME
Cutting Promos D12
Enhanced Strength D8
Enhanced Stamina D8
Enhanced Reflexes D8
SFX: Alliterative Invocations. When using Cutting Promos in a stunt to create assets or complications, add a d6 and step up your effect die.
SFX: Dangerous. Add a D6 to your dice pool for an attack action and step back highest die in pool. Step up physical stress inflicted.
SFX: Second Wind. Before you make an action including an WRESTLER SUPREME power, you may move your physical stress die to the doom pool and step up the WRESTLER SUPREME power for this action.
SFX: Focus. If a pool includes a WRESTLER SUPREME power, you may replace two dice of equal size with one die on step larger.
SFX: Multipower. Add more than one WRESTLER SUPREME power to your pool. Step back each WRESTLER SUPREME die in your pool once for each die beyond the first.
Limit: Mystically Exclusive. Randy, through his pride, refuses to combine the mystical arts with the martial. He may not include powers from WRESTLER SUPREME in any pool containing SORCERER SUPREME powers.
Limit: The Extent of Ranting. When you add Cutting Promos to any pool, you may only create assets and complications as your effect.

Mystic Expert d8
Combat Expert d8
Acrobatics Master d10
Psych Master d10
Menace Master d10

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 5, 2018

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Lager posted:

Agent Addison

AA was a hell of a thing. Congrats on making a way better app than that mess on the wiki that you found! Mechanically I feel like it's pretty tight. Obviously your character has some experience with multiversal matters due to the incursions, which were generally represented in that game through fighting other people's teams in a PVP sort of setting, if I remember right. After presumably spending some time dealing with the multiverse as a hostile concept which was trying to kill you, how do you feel like your character will react to being tasked with saving other worlds, knowing that your own has already been destroyed? Why didn't any Exiles come to save your world?

The way Addison sees it, the multiverse is like a pool table. If nothing happens, you just have a bunch of dimensions sitting there. As long as nothing happens, it's all fine. This dimension's here, this dimension's there, and they're never going to do more than brush against each other so everything is fine. Then someone bumps the table or lines up a shot, and dimensions start crashing into each other and bouncing all over the place and disappearing into pockets and everyone is having a bad time. So, all the Exiles are doing is keeping anyone from knocking any dimensions out of place, which is basically what she was trying to do from within her universe anyway. That gives this whole situation a good sense of familiarity, which should let her get back into the routine of world-saving and not think about how everything she's ever known has been removed from existence. Hopefully.

As for why no one came to help her dimension... Addison isn't bitter. Really, she isn't. During a disaster you need to do a bit of triage, and incursions were definitely a multiverse-scale disaster. If you're going to work at SHIELD you need to be able to accept things like that. Even if it's hard. Still, there's one nagging thought she just can't shake. What if they let her universe fall so they could have somewhere to steal agents from that no one would miss. It feels like something Fury would do... But her new boss is a better person than Nick Fury, right? Right?

If anyone cares and wasn't in the discord when I linked it, the really bad agent data file I found is here.

quote:

Amaterasu

I'll withhold on this one until it's complete, but I'll take this opportunity to say thanks very much to Lurks for helping out various players with their applications, including this one. Makes my job a lot easier.

I just like having an excuse to talk about MHR, to be honest.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Lager posted:

Bullseye

Man, that's a rough universe...How will Bullseye respond to potentially seeing a whole bunch of familiar enemies throughout the multiverse? How will she respond to seeing who-knows-how-many versions of Clint? What did she have planned for after she finishes her "Bullseye Kills the Marvel Universe" title?

Her Milestone of John Smith... is Dead would mean that dealing with Clints, in particular, would be a challenge. Similarly, any of the old Avengers of her world (Iron Monger (Pepper), Grand Marshall Steve Rogers, The Rhino, Professor Octopus, Commander Ororo Monroe, Novastar (Firestar), The Flying Goblin) would probably trigger her, as well as Nick Fury. On her Earth aside from Dr Strange, there weren't any magical entities or aliens, nor did Asgardians ever arrive. It's basically enhanced humans and mutants, that's it. Her goals were to track down President Fury and GM Steve Rogers, take them down, and then... she hadn't planned that far. Maybe find a new reason to live. Maybe kill herself. She hasn't thought that far ahead.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 13, 2018

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010

Lager posted:

Felicia Hardy - Venom

Hahaha, oh man, killed by the Spot. That's rough. How long were you in the vigilante game? Similar to Daredevil above, I feel like I didn't quite get a handle on Venom's experience level prior to (almost) shuffling off the mortal coil. How much of her behavior is influenced by the symbiote? Has she ever tried to eat a villain?

It was about two and a half years from one life-changing event involving a bizarre black object to the other. She got a lot tougher after bonding with her companion, as she came to call it, and was significantly bitchier to her opponents on the street than she ever was as a hormonal teenager. The symbiote frequently urged her to be more direct in her civilian life, early on, before she established a balance, satisfying the desire for conflict with the occasional night-time pummeling. Venom's on SHIELD's radar as someone who isn't afraid to get messy in more, unpleasant, situations, and isn't fond of taking orders.

Felicia has always liked chocolate, but for some reason, not long after she became Venom, she just had to get a few candy bars, or actual baker's stuff, at least once a week.

Also, it would be a darned shame if Green Goblin, Gwenage, and Venom weren't all on the same team, particularly Gobbo, since Felicia means so much to him.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Lager posted:

Mega Man X

I like this sheet a lot. It feels underpowered, initially, but I can see that throwing waves of mooks at him would make him power up pretty quickly and provide a lot of versatility. Interested to see how that plays out in action scenes. Mega Man has been through a universal convergence and is familiar with the idea of multiple worlds, it sounds like. Is he aware of the full-fledged multiverse, though? He's used to working with a wide variety of characters, how long did it take him to adapt to his new situation before, and how long do you think it would take him to adapt now?

Well, the convergence of worlds is basically the canon story of Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite. The first paragraph of my bio is pretty much just that. Afterward, X adjusted pretty quickly to the mess that became of their merged worlds. Once it became clear that there was no going back to the way things were he slid into a role that he was used to: working with a team to take out clear threats to public safety. Most of the Marvel characters were used to working with sentient robots and X had been crucial in the defeat of Ultron-Sigma. While Zero decided not to stick around, he made fast friends with Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Ryu. He was into the former two's tech knowledge and the latter's sense of discipline.

As for his knowledge of multiple worlds, he has an Avengers Database in his memory so he knows as much as the Avengers know. Strange had certainly encountered the multiverse so X would be aware but certainly not of the scope. Since the destruction of the Reality Stone, the Avengers made no further attempts to disengage their Earths. This was their new reality and it was up to them to avenge the ashes of the old one.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:

Lager posted:

Daredevil - Son of Satan

I like the sheet, seems pretty good if a bit underpowered. I feel like the Darksoul powerset could be fleshed out some, maybe with Area Attack or something. Could do with a limit there as well if you add a few new SFX. On character, though...How long was Daimon acting as Daredevil? How seasoned or green is this guy?

Daimon spent some time studying the occult before he went all-in on fighting the forces of Hell, and he only really spent a year fighting mafia demons before getting offed, so still very green. He basically spent that year bluffing his way through fights with his satanic powers carrying him through actual combat more than any sort of prowess. As a result, he's very blustery and brash at first but when the situation actually turns sour and he doesn't know what to do he loses his cool and starts flailing. Clever with a plan but hasn't quite gotten that fearlessness and guts to try for the risky plays in the face of danger that made Daredevil the man without fear.

As for powers, I'll tinker a bit with darksoul and get back to you with that on discord. I'm not too familiar with this system so I need to read up a bit more on the different kinds of sfx and limits.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Fett Castle - "The Punisher"

"One Bith, Two Bith... credits and time."

When Fett Castle was approached by men supposedly representing the Republic, to act as the template for a new breed of super soldier and oversee their training regimen, he shrugged and signed on - he didn't care where the money came from, just as long as it put food on the table for his wife, Maria, and their son, Boba. Little did he know the clones would be absorbed by Darth Thanos' Skrull commandos, to wage war on the Republic and ultimately form the Empire. He kept his mouth shut, as ordered, but apparently the Empire didn't like loose ends. At least, that was was going through his mind as he was flung through the air by the blast that enveloped the family speeder, his last glimpse of Maria and Boba being their smiling faces as they waved to him from inside the speeder as he crossed the lot.

They were taken from him, and now he would take as many of "them" as he could with him.

Donning an old suit of Mandalorian combat armor, he became The Punisher, stalking the galaxy and bringing a swift and violent end to all those who desreved it. Who decided who deserved to end? Society, or at least that's what Fett told himself. He carved a bloody swathe across the galaxy, sometimes hiring out his services to pay the bills. It was on one such job where he ran afoul of the would-be Marvel Master, Franklin Richards, and his compatriots. When a blind Johnny Solo heeded the warning of his old pal, Grimmbacca, that Fett was behind him, Fate finally dealt him a crueller hand than he dealt to others. As the Sarlacc Pit's gaping maw rushed up to greet him, Castle shut his eyes and thought of Maria and Boba... I'll see you soon, kiddo...

AFFILIATIONS:
Solo [D8]
Buddy [D10]
Team [D6]

DISTINCTIONS:
Notorious Bounty Hunter
Yes Disintegrations
I'm not so easy to kill...

POWER SETS:

Mandalorian Armor:
Enhanced Reflexes D8
Superhuman Durability D10
Jetpack D10
Helmet Sensors D8
Wrist Grapple D8
SFX: Targeting Scan - Spend 1 PP to add Helmet Sensors (or step up by +1 if already in your pool) and reroll all dice to either target or scan for something specific.
SFX: Tracking Device - Spend 1 PP or use an effect die to create a Traced complication for a target. You may track that target anywhere until the complication is removed or Helmet Sensors are shutdown.
SFX: Grapple - Add D6 and step up effect die by +1 when inflicting a Wrist Grapple related complication on the target.
SFX: Jet Escape - When including Jetpack in any reaction against a single attacker, step up or double Jetpack. Remove the highest rolling die and add a third die to your total.
Limit: Tragic Past - When reminded of a past tragedy, step up mental or emotional stress to gain 1 PP.
Limit: Gear. Shutdown Mandalorian Armor and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs the doom pool to recover.

Tools of the Trade:
Jetpack Missiles D10
Wrist and Hand Weapons D8
SFX: Shoot to Kill - Add a D6 to your attack action pool and step back the highest die in pool. Step up physical stress inflicted.
SFX: Rapid Fire - Against a single target, step up or double your Wrist and Hand Weapons die. Remove the highest rolling die and use three dice for your total.
SFX: Area Attack - Target multiple opponents. For every additional target, add D6 to your pool and keep +1 effect die.
SFX: Explosive Blast - Step up or double your Tools of the Trade die for one action. If the action fails, add a die to doom pool equal to the normal rating of your power die.
SFX: Tranq Dart - Add a D6 and step up your effect die by +1 when inflicting a Complication or Mental Stress on a living target with a dice pool including Wrist and Hand Weapons.
Limit: Gear. Shutdown a Tools of the Trade power and gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.

SPECIALTIES:
Combat Master D10
Covert Expert D8
Menace Master D10
Piloting Expert D8
Psych Expert D8
Tech Expert D8

MILESTONES:
"He's no good to me alive..."
1 XP when you designate a mark as the target of your hunt.
3 XP when you pursue your hunt at the expense of other obligations.
10 XP when you either kill your target, or choose to let them go for whatever reason.

Uncompromising
1 XP when you explain to an ally how they are being weak and why it will get people killed.
3 XP when you stick to your mission even when compromised by innocent bystanders or obstacles.
10 XP when you convince a fellow hero to accept your methods or you decide to alter your methods out of deep respect for another hero and tell them so.

WIP, will add background later.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 12, 2018

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Bruce 'Wonder Woman' Wayne

wip

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

quote:

It's everything I dreamed it would be. I'm a big fan of Patsy, so thank you for this one. Was Miss Fury ever used and abused by the family publishing company, or just Patsy? Did anyone ever make the link between the two?

Slow down there, Ace; you've just about filled my dance card.

Now let's see. The truth is I'd been working with the moniker 'The Black Fury' in mind, until the papers let the cat out of the bag. 'Miss Fury' was their invention, and it stuck. Even more so when Walker publishing started that dreadful rag about who they assumed I was. Can you imagine having two fictionalized accounts of your life out there, being eaten up by the masses? I wound up adopting the 'Miss Fury' name as a matter of convenience. We were all 'Miss This' and 'Miss That' at the time. Press wouldn't have it any other way. It made the lads feel good about themselves, I suppose. I will say, it was rather flattering to see the airmen naming their planes after me.

Of course, those magazines had all the details wrong, and really, how could they have gotten any of them right? I wasn't about to set the record straight for them. Especially not when the idea of who I was became so much more important than the reality. Nobody needed to know that the naive bobbysoxer every guy wanted and every gal wanted to be was bored to death with popularity and would-be suitors, and they definitely didn't need to know she spent her evenings as the buxom raven-haired bombshell who beat grown men to a pulp. They were happier with the illusion, and as long as they didn't get in my way, I was happy enough to let them keep it.

Of course, there were a few fellows in the know. I had my confidants. *Steven and James, and my dear friends Betsy, Maddie, and Louise on the All-Winners were permitted to know. The Phantom Reporter guessed, but you just couldn't keep a secret from that man. It's why he was on the team, after all. I suppose Mr. Everett must have known as well, being an intuitive and all that. But he never said anything. Oh, but that's all work related.

In my private affairs, and before the war, I'd only made a privileged few people aware of my hobbies; **There was Millie, and my old rival, Hedy. Both became involved in the capers at one point or another. What a scene it was to watch Hedy's face when she realized who'd just rescued her from her kidnappers! Now where was I? Oh, right! My best friend at the time, Tom Hale, was the only boy I ever spoke to about these things, because he was the only one who didn't take me for a dish. I never was khaki wacky, despite what those awful comic strips said. Tom had a real chariot with four on the floor, and I learned to drive in it running from gunsels and coppers. He was a reluctant accomplice at first, but I always knew he loved the thrill of being my wheelman. I suppose we parted ways when he enlisted, but I kept in touch as best I could. His skill at the wheel landed him a cushy job driving officers around. Last and not least of all was Francine, our family maid. She's the one who did the most work, keeping my secrets from mother and everybody else. I always thought it was fitting that they named the fictional 'Miss Fury's' maid after her. She was doing all the same work!

*that is to say, Steve Rogers, and James Buchanan Barnes, Betsy Ross aka Golden Girl, Madeline Joyce aka Miss America, Louise Grant aka the Blonde Phantom, and Earl Everett aka Master Mind Excello.
**Which would be Millie Collins aka Millie the Model, Hedy Wolfe and Tom "Tubs" Hale, as featured in Patsy Walker, and just Francine, as featured in Miss Fury.

quote:

And it feels like Patsy accepted her fate pretty well there. Does she have any regrets? How will she feel being pulled into a Multiversal War, right out of a World War? How will she feel having no closure on the results of her actions?

How could I have any regrets? Nothing bad ever happens to me.

I'll tell it straight; I've always had a bit of a temper. Always been a regular Hellcat. But until I stepped into these shoes, I never had a purpose in life, aside from being my mother's model. We all knew the stories of the Nazis' crimes. It was just so hard to believe. It's easy to wave that away when you're sitting in a New York town house, waiting for something to happen. But the All-Winners knew what was happening. We were specialists of a sort. They didn't send us to the front lines, they sent us behind them. Deep behind them. Where the real face of fascism was on full display. Liberating a POW camp is one thing, but a death camp?

I was just a girl. I was looking for thrills. Up until that point, I thought I'd had everything figured out about good guys and bad guys. I thought I knew where I stood in the world, and I thought the world was a place where things made sense. I was wrong. And I was furious.

When the going got tough, I got going. I never would have believed it the day I first put on the cat rags, but there I was. They had to pay, and I was going to make them. When Ike asked me to cut off the serpent's head, I didn't hesitate. I have no regrets.

Now you tell me there's a bigger world out there, and a bigger war, with bigger bad guys, and I believe it. I'll believe anything. Tell me I can do something about it, and I'll be ten steps ahead of you. Tell me I can't and I'll prove you wrong. Where do I sign up?

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 4, 2018

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Lager posted:

That's a messed up backstory. I like the sheet, though it'll be fun when the team visits Earth-14323, where everyone is a bad Irish stereotype with Banshee's powers. How similar is your world to the "regular" world?
So, out of character for a sec, the way I picture symbiote-Earth working is that it's a dark-comedy version of our Earth, at least as far as America is concerned. Symbiotes don't have a lot of personality in and of themselves, they mostly just take on and enhance the personalities of their hosts, in both good and bad ways. When your host has a real dark side, like Eddie Brock or Cletus Kassidy, you get an absolute monster (and, per the comics, those symbiotes were basically outcast assholes from the collective anyway). For most people, you just get a regular person whose bad days have a lot more of an edge to them than normal, because of the superstrength and claws. On the other hand, if everyone's a symbiote, everyone can take a punch too, so it evens out, except for the collateral damage. But they're still people. They still need to eat and sleep and make money. And the more the world gets weird, the more the human halves try to cling to apparent normality.

So a day Symbiote Manhattan looks initially like a day in regular New York, except that everything is a little... off. students, late to school, web-line from building to building, or catch a ride on top of buses. Bankers in three piece suits exit their skyscrapers by climbing straight out of their fifth floor windows. An alleyway dice game goes bad and the gamblers lay into each other with teeth and claws while a crowd gathers to make bets, and if the winner of the fight eats the loser, well... poo poo happens. For the ones that can keep themselves in check, things are relatively normal. For the ones that go feral, there's the Hunters.

And, of course, there's the wanted posters: pictures of Steve Rogers, president in exile, leader of the anti-symbiote resistance. Peter Parker, the mad bomber terrorist and the FBH's second most wanted, subtitled "If you see something, say something". Everyone didn't become a symbiote, just almost everyone.

quote:

You describe pop culture references and such in your sheet, but your world seems disturbingly different. Is it just "Everybody Loves Symbiotes" over there, or how distinct is your version of pop culture? Does everybody still watch crazy, effects-driven blockbusters (albeit maybe at a lower volume)? You mentioned a band, what is symbiote music like? How much of your world is changed by them, aside from diet and everyone seeming a bit hive-minded?
"Nah, Everyone Loves Symbiotes was so ten years ago. Now we're all about Keeping up with the Klyntars. Or Law and Venom, which was so embarrassing. It was one thing for that stupid writer to write a tell-all book about my dad, after just one swing-along with him at work, and another thing to make a TV show about it. I mean, yeah, getting to meet Emma Stone was cool -- did you know she does her own stunts? -- but we don't look anything alike. So embarrassing."

"Anyway, yeah, the band. It's a great band! Well, we mean, it's a good band. We hardly suck at all anymore. No, symbiotes don't have music, or even the concept of music or, like, ears. Actually, their whole body is just one sense organ, but they don't really differentiate sound from... well, it's complicated. Anyway, they don't really do music, but that only makes them find it all the more fascinating because humans do. They experience it through us, their hosts, the same way we experience mind-union through them. And the ones that like it, like it loud. It's sexy to them, right, because it's literally dangerous? Brings a new terror to the mosh pit, we can tell you."

"That's why we play two sets of drums at once, with hands and tendrils. It's like Def Leopard, but the opposite."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
"Exiles? Isn't that book where people died a lot?"

Wikipedia, For Real posted:

The series is notable for the number of characters who stay dead, in contrast to the frequent resurrections that occur in the main Marvel and DC continuities.

"No. N-O. I'm not dying for this. Did you see what they did to wacky ol' Morph? I'm wacky! I don't want to get possessed or infected or exploded! And they don't get brought back. It's like being in a What If, which is usually short for What If Everybody Super Died. Look, let's see if I can find somebody else for you to fridge, um- let's see, I'm sure I can find a datafile for Lil' Rogue or Thor Rogue or the Rogue Who Ate Paris-"

pre:

Older Girl Gwenpool 			Earth-TRN565				Gwen Poole [public?]

Affiliations: 	Solo d8		Buddy d10		Team d6

Distinctions:	At One With the Genre
		Careless Daring
		Metafictional Funnybook Fan

Power Sets:	Between the Lines

Enhanced Reflexes d8	Intangibility d12
		Invisibility d10	Panel Control d8
		Genre Sense d10		Teleport d8

SFX:		Beat the Devil?: If your pool includes Panel Control or Genre Sense, spend 1 PP to
		borrow a die from the doom pool for that roll. Then step back that doom die and return
		it to the doom pool.

Breaking the Fourth Wall: When one of your opportunities is activated to add a d6 to 
		the doom pool, replace it with a d4. Spend 1 PP to do this to an existing d6 in the
		doom pool.

Narrative Insurance: Spend 1 PP to ignore stress, trauma, or complications from falls, 
		blunt impacts, or explosions.

Limit:		Editorial Interference: Change any Between the Lines power into a complication and gain
		1 PP. Activate an opportunity or remove the complication to recover the power.

Bombs and Bullets and Blades

Enhanced Durability d8		Weapon d8

SFX:		Guns and Stuff: When you activate an opportunity to create a Combat or Vehicle resource,
		step up that resource die. In addition, you may step up that resource by a die type when
		adding it to a roll, after which the resource is lost.

Sup, Babies?: Add a d6 and keep an additional die for each additional target when using
		Weapon.

Limit:		Gear: Shutdown Bombs and Bullets and Blades and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom 
		pool to recover.

Specialties	Acrobatic Expert d8		Combat Expert d8
		Covert Expert d8		Vehicle Expert d8

Milestones	The Superhero's Journey

1 XP	… when you get gush to a hero about your fangirl feelings.
		3 XP	… when you team up with a hero or team you've never teamed up with before.
		10 XP	… when you are invited to a major superhero team, or get to headline a solo comic
			book again.

The Unbelievable

1 XP	… when you make a reference to something you can only know metafictionally.
		3 XP	… when you deliver a humiliating defeat to a major villain of another superhero.
		10 XP	… when you defy convention and get to enact a major change on the Marvel universe,
			such that things will never be the same again! (Or probably just six months to a year.)

"Wait, what is my datafile doing here?! I didn't agree to this! No consent!"

"That's not your datafile. That's my datafile."

"Future me?! I knew you were evil all along! I knew it!"

"Look, it's okay, we've been through this. It's no big deal. Remember the Civil War game?"

"Ugh, all I got out of that was a cameo and cold pizza. I never did find out why Jonah named his paper after a corn snack."

"That's obviously because they're the only snacks that fit his pinhead. Bugles: other snacks are pointless!"

"Oh geez, you really are future me. Future dad me."

"Just kidding, Jonah, catch me in the Iron Man suit, we'll do a team-up, and I'll tell you all about Spider-Man's secret identity."

"Do not. Ever. We know how that turns out!"

"Well, it never sticks in continuity anyway, but the look on his face is always priceless when it happens in alt-Us and stuff. But that was the kind of thing the evil us did and we totally McFly'd evil us. Anyway, I'm applying like a sticker."

"You're gonna die, grandma. Grand-me. Granpool."

"Oh, pffft. This is a forum roleplaying game. Even if we die, it's not going to mean a thing in the comics. We'll still be giving out missions in Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2. People will still be leveling us up in Future Fight. You just need to be chill about it."

"Just because it doesn't count doesn't make it not hurt. Sucking chest wounds always suck. That's why they're called sucking!"

"Look, our book got cancelled and I am infinity bored. Plus, anything can happen, this is Exiles. Isn't that exciting? I could get infected by a Brood. Gwenbrood!"

"Okay, you're a little too chill about that. Also, I think they already have a Slapstick for their goofball? Didn't he turn into a version of Deadpool with #!&* issues? That was weird. Not as weird as trying to figure out what #!&* actually means after you say it, though..."

"Different Slapstick, and we can just be on different teams. Or we could just own the metafiction together. Not-it for Weapon X! But appers can't be choosers, I guess."

"So, are we just supposed to keep talking, or are you, you know, supposed to write a background or...?"

"Well, there's the wikia entry, wikipedia entry, youtube videos, is there a point in rewriting all that?"

"We could sum it up."

"20 words or less?"

"Normal nerd from a normal world goes to the Marvel Universe, mercenaries for a bit, becomes a hero with comic powers."

"Oh, wow. You totally one-punched that. Go me."

"Wait, don't you have to die to get into this game? Like, right off the bat."

"Our comic got cancelled. Close enough."

"What about your whole 'immortality through art' speech? I mean. Are they really going to buy that?"

"Every comic character dies at some point, but you just flip the page back and they're alive again, right? It's just a dramatic hook. I mean, if it helps I can always jump in front of a speeding U.S. 1 or something. Poor ol' U.S. Archer will take any guest spot he can find! I think the cancellation is more our gimmick, though. Cancellation fits. Cancellation was the 'death' we were trying to avoid all along."

"Uh, you aren't serious about getting run over by a comics meme, are you?"

"I'm pretty sure Infinity War played out the "I have to be sacrificed for the greater good!" thing for a least a year."

"Sorry, sorry, you know I've done pretty crazy stuff, but not that crazy. I think? Um. "

"..."

"Anyway, I'm out, gotta team up with Darkhawk and have dinner with the 'rents tonight. Don't get me killed, Granpool!"

"Not like I was planning on it, just keeping it real. Seeya."

"Sup, title card?"

"So, I feel actually kinda normal with the twelve-clone continuity pileup you've got going on. But if you've got questions, I've got answers!"

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The Dazzling Starband, Berenice Blaire

You know who it is. The S.W.O.R.D. stylin, Nixon fightin, Electric High flyin bearer of the Benitar, Berenice Blaire. The Dazzling Starband. Howard the Duck's best buddy, Dracula's greatest nemesis, completely unique and unheard of outside of one specific slice of the Multiverse. There's no variation, iteration or interpretation of the Starband outside of this one prototype, too weird to live and too rare to die. To catch the unaware reader up to speed

Editor's Recap posted:

In 1963, a cosmic being known as the Star Band was half recruited and half drafted into a makeshift team of superheroes under the direct supervision of SWORD. Then they saved the life of President Kennedy from the evil Secret Empire and their leader, Richard Nixon. The year is now 1992, and everything is way better. The last 39 years had been good to Berenice. She had been a SWORD for the government, a Defender of the disenfranchised, an Avenger against those who would harm her new home. Berenice no longer dreamed of returning to space and ceased to consider Earth anything less than the Coolest. Home, after all, is where the heart is. Allison Blaire was indisputably the coolest person and she lived on Earth, thus through the transitive property Earth was the coolest planet. That was the kind of space logic Berenice traded in before she met Dazzler.

It was all Galactus' doing, actually. He needed a quick way to hook back up with his herald of the moment Terrax. Starband needed a way off the planetary prison she put herself in. Dazzler wanted nothing to do with A or B, but was stuck in the middle of the two when The G showed up to use her as a cosmic dowsing rod. Starband assisted Dazzler in telling him to keep looking, and a partnership was born. Allison's disco diva act was loose enough to accept some creative input by the self styled cosmic musician. One thing led to another, some X-People got involved, Berenice nearly became Queen of All Morlocks, they went to Mojoworld a couple of times. Partners in music became partners in adventure. Partners in adventure became partners in the most important way. The X-Men of the 80s were always on the progressive end. They were the crime fighting power couple of the Me Decade.

Seeking some advantage over his Celestial powered master/rival Apocalypse, Mister Sinister saw yet another Summers based plan crumble to dust as Madelyne Pryor was revealed to be both a clone and also the devil. Throwing up his hands in failure again, Sinister instead set his mind to a more immediate means of destroying The First One. With Apocalypse gone, Sinister could spend centuries poking and prodding the Summers genome and nobody would complain about all the Celestial technology he was hogging. A suggestion was all that was needed. Apocalypse moved to make Dazzler a Horseman, and his new servant wrought Conquest in the name of her master. In the end, The Starband brought cosmic justice to Apocalypse at great cost. She was the sound at the beginning of things, after all. And the Dazzler can turn any sound into light of equal intensity. En Sabah Nur was rent asunder in the light of the Big Bang.

The woman who walked away was neither Dazzler nor Starband. Sentient cosmic sound absorbed by Allison Blaire and rendered into light which Starband reiterated back into sound. An amalgam being constantly fueling itself in a perfect fusion of light and sound, god and mutant, person and person. People used to say that you couldn't separate the two. Now Berenice Blaire dared anyone to try.

And try they did! But in the end, it was the machinations of her first foe that brought the pair-in-one low. For it was the dreaded Wall of Sound, formulated by the mad genius Spector and brought into reality by the will of Nixon's Secret Empire that struck her down. Unearthed by the nefarious Mr. Sinister and the Dracula, newly crowned King of the Shi'ar Empire, the horrendous device was unleashed on the Xavier School for the Gifted. Berenice should have died fighting. Berenice died before she even recognized the threat, blasted into cosmic ash. It's not the dying that galls, but looking bad while doing it.

quote:

Dazzling Starband
Berenice Blaire
Solo d10, Buddy d6, Team d8

Stable Relationship, Unstable Form
Fundamental Force
Truly Outrageous

Sound To Light - Ouroboric

Photon Blasts D12, Light Control D10, Force Fields D10, Flight D8

SFX: Sound Absorption - On a successful reaction against a sonic attack action, convert your opponent’s effect die into a Sound to Light - Ouroboric stunt or step up a Sound to Light power by +1 for your next action. Spend 1 PP to use this stunt if your opponent’s action succeeds.

SFX: Dazzled - Whenever Starband makes an attack roll using her Light Control ability, add a d6 to the dice pool and she may choose a second effect die to put a "Blinded by the Light" complication on the same target.

SFX: Holograms - Add a D6 and step up your effect die when using a Sound to Light - Ouroboric powerset to create assets or complications.

SFX: Multipower - Use two or more Sound to Light- Ouroboric powers in a single dice pool at -1 step for each additional power.

Limit: Mutant - Earn 1 PP when affected by mutant-specific Milestones and tech.

Power Of The Star Band

Strength d12, Durability d12, Weapon d10, Speed d8

SFX: Second Wind - Before you make an action including a Power Of The Star Band power, remove a die from the doom pool equal to your physical stress and double the power for this action.

SFX: Shielding - Spend 1 PP to take physical stress intended for a nearby ally or friend.

Limit: Exhausted - Shutdown any Power Of The Star Band power and gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.

Specialties: Acrobatic Expert D8, Cosmic Master D10, Combat Expert D8, Psych Master D10

Milestones

Strong In The Real Way
1xp - when you explain the extent of your cosmic powers
3xp - when you take stress using your Shielding SFX.
10xp - when you either take down a truly powerful threat by yourself, or concede that even your great power is insufficient to protect everyone.

Love Is A Battlefield

1 xp - when you discuss matters of the heart
3 xp - when you advise another on the best course of action in a relationship, even if they didn’t ask for it.
10 xp - when you either unite two lovers despite the odds, or realize that maybe some people are happier single.

Mr. Maltose fucked around with this message at 07:16 on May 9, 2018

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Green Ranger

How far into your Power Ranger career were you before getting zapped away? Obviously this is pre-White Ranger days from what I can tell. Do you plan on staying in Ranger form for the most part, or will you follow the familiar sequence of the show? Starting in human form, getting all karate-style, then morphing and fighting more, then the monster grows and it's zord time? Or just skipping the human phase unless there's a great place to get some milkshakes in the vicinity?

Amaterasu

Obviously the wolf-form plays into one of your milestones, but on some worlds it might be tricky for you to accompany the team out in public. Do you have any thoughts on how to handle that? How would Amaterasu react to a leash if push came to shove and they needed to walk through the middle of some alternate version of Times Square?

Macho Man

Did you become the sorcerer supreme before your departure of the mortal plane? When did you climb the mountain and gain such mystical insight? We all knew of your superhuman strength and agility in the ring, what led you to seek out these amazing magical powers? Now that you have these amazing new powers, how much do you rely on your magical abilities, in lieu of simply smacking someone down who so richly deserves a beating at the hands of the Macho Man?

Gwenpool

Wow. I have to admit, it's a bit intimidating as a GM to consider having a player who can break the 4th wall. How do you see that side of Gwenpool working out in this game? Gwen's familiar with comic books and that obviously is her whole thing, will she recognize the format of a pbp superhero roleplaying game? How will she respond to working within the confines of this system? How much information is she going to know coming into this whole shebang?

Starband

Dracula, ruler of the Shi'ar Empire, has to be my favorite thing ever. How much of Dazzler shows through in the new amalgamation of Starband and Allison Blaire? How much is the star child? Is there a more dominant personality, or is it a truly perfect union? How did Allison's music change when the Starband got involved? She started as straight up disco, but did she go more experimental? What musicians can you provide who are most comparable to the style of the new Starband/Dazzler fusion?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Lager posted:

Did you become the sorcerer supreme before your departure of the mortal plane? When did you climb the mountain and gain such mystical insight? We all knew of your superhuman strength and agility in the ring, what led you to seek out these amazing magical powers? Now that you have these amazing new powers, how much do you rely on your magical abilities, in lieu of simply smacking someone down who so richly deserves a beating at the hands of the Macho Man?

Brother, being a wrestler is just walkin' on the treadmill of life. You get off it and you just keep goin'. What was there to challenge the Macho Man Randy Savage? I'd stood atop the tallest mountain and laid belly down in the lowest gorge; I lost myself in parts unknown, and survived the danger zone.

The Ancient One sought me out, and I stepped off that treadmill, brother, and found what I was missin'. The mountains bowed down to me and the canyons rose up to meet me, and it was all for the love of this great planet, brother. The want of a hero, of a protector, of someone with an iron glove on a velvet hand. The power of the spoken word, brother, of sayin' the right thing at the right person and turnin' their world upside down.

Some guys just don't break. Some guys just want to squeeze the life out of the world, and that's why the Macho Man Randy Savage claimed himself Mystic Master Randy Savage. Hulkamania ran wild, brother, there's no denyin', but even he couldn't stand up to the dark forces with just his muscle, the evil beings who would make their home outta our home. Now I'm too hot to handle and too cold to hold, brother, and I put the Undertaker six feet under by the Chains of C'tan.

But the Macho Man Randy Savage will always rise to the top as the cream of the crop, brother, martial or mystic. The smack down will always live on, in one form or another, and I'll tell you this: in wrestling and in magic, there ain't no tough guys.

Oh yeah.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Lager posted:

Starband

Dracula, ruler of the Shi'ar Empire, has to be my favorite thing ever. How much of Dazzler shows through in the new amalgamation of Starband and Allison Blaire? How much is the star child? Is there a more dominant personality, or is it a truly perfect union? How did Allison's music change when the Starband got involved? She started as straight up disco, but did she go more experimental? What musicians can you provide who are most comparable to the style of the new Starband/Dazzler fusion?

It's entirely Dazzler. It's entirely Starband. Amalgamation is an insufficient word, in retrospect, to them. It is the marriage between supernal and cthonic, or the synthesis from cosmic thesis and earthly antithesis. We are, in short, on some real Grant Morrison poo poo. Berenice Blaire could be recognized as Dazzler by people who knew that Dazzler, or as the Starband to their friends, but never distinctly one or the other. It's like saying you can see the red and the blue in purple. Sure, you can, but it's not red. It's not blue. It's distinctly purple. She's distinctly Berenice Blaire.

You also need to understand that the process of Dazzler, the musician, changing with Starband as her producer muse wasn't a switch being flipped. It was, well, a process. Dazzler was here. Starband was all the way over there. There was the very early Paisley Underground phase. The Post-Post-Punk phase. The album where Prince produced and the only thing Starband did was play synth. Push and pull, never quite settling down, Dazzler became an act where no album or even track might relate to what had been previously released. Berenice was jumping from one idea to another without any understandable order, and Alison was maybe the only artist good enough to keep up when things turned on a dime.

So there's not even a style as such to the Dazzling Starband. It's all very Bruce Lee, taking what works from one project to the next and discarding all unnecessary weight.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Sir Nicholas Joseph, The Fury

Hell.

I thought I knew hell. From my days in Normandie, fighting the Hydra, leading the Shield through mission after mission.

Then, when I was old enough that I couldn't stop it, I learned there was a deeper hell. Someone betrayed us - I still don't know who - and everyone else I was close to died.

I tried to get revenge, dumb as I was - anger and hurt make you act like a drat fool. Sure got a lot of people killed, at least. Eventually, I found Rohjaz, and from there, I thought I'd found some sort of hope.

Then, I learned there was a deeper hell. Someone betrayed us - no matter what Rohjaz still believed - and we were imprisoned in the Baecere in what, I quickly came to believe, was a real Hell.

I was wrong, of course, but I didn't know it at the time.

We were taken by... bug-demons. There's no other way to describe them - like insects from their own space, beyond ours. They took us there, and tortured us, and insisted to know why we "had all changed". We had no idea what they were talking about. They, like any good torturer must, either didn't believe us, or didn't care.

It went on like that for a while. I don't know how long, but we were in that place long enough that I could tell I was getting to the last of my borrowed time. The Ouroboros Poultice was finally worn off, and I was just an old man with a grim and monocular outlook. So, like anyone would, I made my arrangements.

The break-out was a total success; with the powerhouses we had, there was never a question of if we could get out, but where we'd go with the armies of hell on our heels.

When Rohjaz realized my plan for that, Janna had to put him out to get him through the portal before I finished it. And for an old man, I doubt those demons expected as much of a fight as I gave them.

And then, bleeding, broken, on the verge of death, I felt good. Because at least I could be done and know I did something with it.

Then, I woke up here, and found my new hell. Living for missions at the behest of some mysterious intelligence, until I finally wear out my usefulness and get to go back to my death rattle.

Because good spies don't get to rest. They just go deeper into hell.

drat it all.

quote:

Sir Nicholas The Fury

Affiliations
Solo d8, Buddy d6, Team d10

Distinctions
Former Leader of The Shield
"That's what I do. I survive."
Rose Through The Ranks

Just Can't Seem To Die
Enhanced Reflexes - d8
Enhanced Stamina - d8
SFX: And I Ain't Finished Here Yet. Before making an action, you may add your Physical Stress die to the roll, then increase it and shift it to the doom pool.
Limit: But The Years Still Take Their Toll. Shutdown any power and gain 1PP. Recover during a transition scene or by activating an opportunity.

The Shield's Armory
Weapons - d8
Chainmail Uniform - d6
SFX: Focus. If a pool includes a Shield Armory power, you may replace two dice of equal size with one die +1 step larger.
SFX: Repeating Crossbow. Add a d6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional target when using Weapons.
Limit: Gear. Shutdown a power to gain 1PP. Take action vs. Doom Pool to regain.

Specialties
Combat Master - d10
Covert Master - d10
Menace Master - d10
Psych Expert - d8

Milestones:

The Strucker Multiversal Beatdown Grand Tour
"...I always hated that bald prick the most."
Gain 1 XP when you first encounter a new version of Baron Strucker.
Gain 3 XP when you beat the poo poo out of, murder, or otherwise soundly and publicly defeat an incarnation of Strucker.
Gain 10 XP when you finally make peace with at least one Strucker, or when you commit yourself to your new life purpose of kicking the rear end of every single Strucker in the multiverse.

Biggest Man In The Room
"I've never been good at taking orders. Just giving 'em."
Gain 1 XP when you first try to pull rank in a scene.
Gain 3 XP when you confront someone over their trying to tell you what to do.
Gain 10 XP when you finally regain actual leadership of an organization, or submit to being a subordinate of something you aren't in charge of.

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 15, 2018

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Lager posted:

Gwenpool

Wow. I have to admit, it's a bit intimidating as a GM to consider having a player who can break the 4th wall. How do you see that side of Gwenpool working out in this game? Gwen's familiar with comic books and that obviously is her whole thing, will she recognize the format of a pbp superhero roleplaying game? How will she respond to working within the confines of this system? How much information is she going to know coming into this whole shebang?

"This is probably easier with a talking head. Um, the gimmick, not the band. The band is cool too. I mean, as far as dinosaurs go."

"See, my "Marvel knowledge" canonically cuts off at that point I left Earth-TRN565 in 2016, so I know about Marvel Heroic Roleplaying, but I don't know about fascist Captain America. Um. I mean, I don't know about fascist- it's- it's hard to give examples. Anyway, gonna go go pour one out for a poor cancelled fellow publication... alas, Marvel Heroic... but there are ways to move on, of course, and RPG gets to live on whenever people run it, and I get to exist whenever decides to put me on a page again, even if that's a page of posts. I admit I was more a face-to-face roleplayer. But I was never too into it. Always felt like that was more stuff for babies. It'd rather roleplay a real superhero! Of course, you guys get to miss out on all the exciting head injuries I get to have, but also miss out on riding Fin Fang Foom. Give 'n take."

"My knowledge of the Marvel universe runs into what I actually read, which is a lot of things, but not all the things. And it kinda gets thrown off by the multiverse thing... kinda. If Elijah shows up, I remember some Planetary? So I still know things. But if we run into the "What If Charles Xavier Was An NBA Star" universe, I'll know who Xavier is in the main universe, but nothing about his assist to turnover ratio. I don't even know what an assist to turnover ratio is, I just interneted it. But I can be like "Ah ha, Elijah Snow, I know your secret identity!" and he can be like "I don't have secret identity, you're pink and ridiculous, and I'm going to stand here and smoke until you die." And I'll be so sick burned by a cold, cold guy."

"Anyway, in a medium like this, I'm still run by the dice. This is like how when I show up in the comic, I'm still governed by what editors and publishers will allow. I mean, it can be an okay gag to refer to dice or systemic happenings, but it's a sometimes food. It has to be more than "gee, this is a thing I can do, reference wink, lol isekai!" I'm the older me, so I'm over that. Kinda. Mostly. I mean, it's not something I have to mug at the reader about anymore. Point is, there has to be a point to doing it. Oh, right, you can't see me pointing, text medium. Speaking of which..."

"There's also the issue where a lot of it based around the visual medium of panel gags and most people don't think of comic book games as having a panel or page structures, but that's just something only I have to describe and worry about. Referring to dice or system stuff might be cute, but to do useful stuff with it, I still have to roll. Technically we don't have dice as in silly colored plastic cubes, but I'd be a bad liar if I said I didn't want to take an opportunity die and chuck it at a villain sometime. Sometimes the details are important, and sometimes I get to mention Avengers: Infinity War even though it technically makes no sense since that doesn't exist in the Marvel Universe. Or does it?"

"Dangit, internet, I'm not asking if Marvel Comics exist in the Marvel Movies, I'm - it's the other way around - what do I not pay you for, Google-"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Spiral (Earth-1610)

Yes, it's my name.

No, I don't have a 'secret identity'. I'm me. I'm Spiral.

In a nutshell? I'm from Genosha. lovely, lovely place for a mutant. You either fled or went underground - my sister did the first, and I should have too....but I'd met Him. Longshot, dashing and handsome, leading the underground, sweeping me into his orbit. I was so enfatuated, so head over heels for him. But as time wore on, he tired of me - or at least loved striking out against Humans more.

When Scheele came to the mutant bar, seeking to understand us, he seemed like the perfect antidote to Longshot. We spent more and more time together, even though we each had our own separate lives. Just a front. I'm pretty sure I loved him, and he me. Then Longshot killed him.

He was furious, not just that I'd cheated on him, but that it was with a Human. They fought and before I could knock Longshot out, he stabbed Scheele hard. Now I was hosed. I dragged both of their bodies out into the country and reported the murder - Longshot was going down no matter what, and I had to protect myself. Served him right anyway.

I was on my way out of the country when the X-Men arrived, meddlesome as always. I had them on the ropes until stupid Jean Grey woke up and hit me with her powers, putting a stop to everything. Against all my instincts, I let her look into my mind and see the entire truth.

I didn't get my clean getaway, but at least I convinced them Longshot wasn't the innocent they thought he was.

Yes, I need to finish up the sheet and perhaps embelish the background, but wanted to get a stake in the ground.

Spiral posted:

Solo D10, Team d8, Buddy d6

Distinctions
•Six-Armed Dervish
•Ruthless Fighter
•Mutant Partisan

Powers

Multi-Limbed Murder Mistress
Enhanced Strength d8
Enhanced Durability d8
Enhanced Stamina d8
Psychic Resistance d12
Multiple Arms d8
Speed d6
Superhuman Reflexes d10

•SFX: Area Attack. Add a D6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional target.
•SFX: Psychic Counterattack. On a reaction against a power that inflicts mental or emotional stress, inflict mental stress with your effect die at no PP cost or spend a PP to step it up by +1.
•SFX: Reactive Possession. On a successful reaction against a psychic attack, convert your opponent’s effect die into a Mutant stunt.
•SFX: Whirling Blades. On an attack action including Multiple Arms, add a d6 to your dice pool and step back the highest die in pool by –1. Step up physical stress inflicted by +1.
•Limit: Exhausted. Shutdown any Mutant power to gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.
•Limit: Mutant - Earn 1 PP when affected by mutant-specific Milestones and tech.

Specialties
•Acrobatic Master d10
•Combat Expert d10
•Medical Expert d8
•Menace Expert d8
•Science Expert d8
•Tech Expert d8

Milestones

Distinction
1xp -
3xp -
10xp -

Mutant Survival
1xp - When you discuss the possibility of mutantkind going extinct
3xp - When you start a fight in order to benefit mutantkind.
10xp - When you either take a step towards the destruction of humanity in order to save mutantkind, or accept that mutant survival is linked to human survival.

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at 03:46 on May 12, 2018

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lager posted:

Amaterasu

Obviously the wolf-form plays into one of your milestones, but on some worlds it might be tricky for you to accompany the team out in public. Do you have any thoughts on how to handle that? How would Amaterasu react to a leash if push came to shove and they needed to walk through the middle of some alternate version of Times Square?

I think it's one of those things that would have to be played by ear. She would probably not be pleased with being put on a leash, though if it were clear that were the best or only option, and it were with someone she trusted, she would probably agree to it; though the moment she decided that leash was coming off, it was going to be power slashed away whether the rest of the team wanted it or not.

It is one of those tricky areas, and you're right in that it can create challenges that makes the story more interesting. In the game she comes from, the only people that could see her for what she truly was were those attuned to seeing spiritual creatures, or those that still believed in her. Most others saw her as a white wolf, though many just mistake her for a large dog. While this does get her into trouble in some areas, people are generally happy to interact with her because she's friendly and most people like dogs.

One of the big ways of getting around this is the presence of Issun, who tends to speak for Amaterasu. Obviously this only works close up, but Issun is generally pretty good at explaining what's going on. Because he is so small, he is sometimes confused as the voice of Amaterasu herself. In a Marvel setting where shrinking is a known tech, it might even be more beneficial than usual, in that people may just assume that it's Ant-Man or something and let them get on with it. However this obviously completely negates operating discretely, as anything Issun can do is going to flag up that something out of the ordinary is happening.

The other option is stealth. This may be easier said than done and probably impossible in some circumstances, but Amaterasu is capable of moving unseen, though I was in two minds about including it as a speciality, as I figured she's hardly a spy. She's highly mobile and can move quickly, so evading capture by say, animal control, isn't likely to be too much of a problem.

While there's nothing concrete to back this up, it's also a possibility that once she's performed a few miracles in an area, people are just more amenable to letting her do her thing, possibly due to some side effect of increasing praise for her works, or simply because people are just happier. This is just theorising, however, and if you wanted to ignore that in favour of creating an ongoing problem I'd totally get it.

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 01:29 on May 10, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lager posted:

Green Ranger

How far into your Power Ranger career were you before getting zapped away? Obviously this is pre-White Ranger days from what I can tell. Do you plan on staying in Ranger form for the most part, or will you follow the familiar sequence of the show? Starting in human form, getting all karate-style, then morphing and fighting more, then the monster grows and it's zord time? Or just skipping the human phase unless there's a great place to get some milkshakes in the vicinity?

Yeah, it's between Green With Evil and Green Candle. So mid-season 1. Zordon said never to reveal our identities, but it's fine if it's a team of comrades. Staying morphed all the time would put a strain on the Power Coin, so it's the general sequence, yeah.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Spiral

A couple suggestions on the datafile - if you're going with Ultimate Universe Spiral, should probably take the Mutant limit. For flavor purposes I feel like you should change the name of the powerset, too, but that's neither here nor there. I feel like she might be able to justify having area attack, since she's able to hold a weapon in each arm. Way I figure, having that many arms, she must've adapted to be able to pay attention to more things at a time than a two-armed person. In terms of character, how much does she care about the cause of mutant liberation? Does she share any of Longshot's sociopathic bloodlust, or was she just along for the ride? What does Spiral want these days, now that she's free to seek out her own destiny? And how did she wind up dying, in order to be sucked into the Nexus?

Reminder: The deadline for applications is about 24 hours away, I'll be closing out the recruitment phase before passing out tomorrow night.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Demolition Man (Dennis Dunphy)

Dennis Dunphy has lived a weird life. Unable to make it in pro-football, he made a deal with the Power Broker, only to wind up too strong for normal sports. So he became a wrestler in the Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation, up until it turned out that the UCWF was exploiting its wrestlers with drugs and had to be taken down. But hey, at least he got to team up with Captain America for a while, and even became an Avenger! Unfortunately, Demolition Man just couldn't cut it among the pro superheroes either, and after a couple of near-death experiences his confidence was shot and he left the Avengers to try to live a normal life.

But then things got really weird. Dennis started to hear a voice in his head, calling itself a "Cosmic Gamemaster", commanding him to collect some gems. Even the other heroes D-Man had worked with before just assumed he had finally snapped, and urged him to seek therapy. For a moment, Dennis even doubted himself, until the Grandmaster, the source of the voice, got bored or something and teleported Demolition Man to a strange world far, far away from Earth. D-Man and the other "Champions" were charged with seeking out the Infinity Stones, and only the winner would be allowed to return alive.

During the contest, Dennis saw a lot of weird things, met strange aliens, did some impossible tasks (usually through an extraordinary amount of luck), and somehow managed to avoid dying to the many, many obstacles in his way. Even more unexpectedly, he won! Which, uh, still wasn't a good thing, because that meant the Grandmaster would have the power of the infinity stones, and thus have the ability to remake the universe. But how do you fight against an Elder of the Universe when all you are is an ex-wrestler with super-strength?

By stealing the power of the Infinity Stones, of course. Which was definitely Demolition Man's plan, and not him tripping on his own feet as he was handing over the final stone, knocking over the Grandmaster and freeing the other stones from his grasp purely by accident. The resulting explosion of power was also Dennis intentionally sacrificing his own life to stop the Elder, and not him messing up when trying to use the Infinity Stones to power himself up.

Instead of dying or wiping himself from existence, however, Dennis woke up...here, wherever that is. He was also missing a large chunk of his body, which was worrying, but then it just grew back. Somehow, Dennis Dunphy's misfire with the Infinity Stones gave him some of the Power Primordial of the Grandmaster, which prevented him from dying, but not from being shunted out of his home universe.

So, uh, anyone need help from a cosmic-powered ex-wrestler superhero?

quote:

Name: Demolition Man [Dennis Dunphy]

Affiliations: Solo d10, Buddy d6, Team d8

Distinctions:
Ex-UCWF Wrestler
Primordial Champion
Self-Esteem Issues

Power Broker Physiology
Superhuman Strength d10
Superhuman Stamina d10
Superhuman Durability d10

SFX: Focus. In a pool including a Power Broker Physiology die, replace two dice of equal steps with one die of +1 step.
SFX: Versatile. Split any Power Broker Physiology die into two dice at -1 step, or three at -2 steps.

Limit: Weak Heart. Shutdown any Power Broker Physiology power and gain 1 PP. Activate an opportunity or participate in a Transition Scene to recover.

Power Primordial
Enhanced Speed d8
Superhuman Reflexes d10
Superhuman Senses d10
Transmutation d12

SFX: Immortal. Spend 1 PP to recover your physical stress and step back your physical trauma by -1.
SFX: Immunity. Spend a PP to ignore stress, trauma, or complications from vacuum, hunger, thirst, or fatigue.
SFX: Healing. Add Transmutation d12 to your pool when helping others to recover physical stress. Spend a PP to recover someone else's physical stress or step back their physical trauma by -1.
SFX: Molecular Manipulation. When using Transmutation to create assets, add a d6 and step up the effect die.

Limit: Heavy Toll. When you use Molecular Healing, take mental stress equal to the physical stress or trauma you healed.
Limit: Unstable Power. If your pool includes a Power Primordial power, both 1's and 2's count as opportunities.

Specialties:
Acrobatics Expert
Combat Master
Cosmic Expert
Tech Expert
Vehicle Master

Still need to come up with some milestones.

Astus fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 11, 2018

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Demolition Man

Have you ever figured out those drat seashells? Were your competitors for the infinity stones other heroes from Earth? Or were they all alien randos? Did you know much about Jeff Goldblum Grandmaster before the meeting? How aware were you of the infinity stones, and what it would mean if you handed them over?

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Recruitment is officially over! Those of you who have posted WIP apps have until I make the picks to finish out, and folks can please feel free to answer any outstanding questions if you have not done so yet. I'll shoot for making picks tomorrow night sometime after work, and after I get done procrastinating about making hard loving choices about which apps to go with. Expect picks to be done around 11-12 tomorrow night (US Central Time). IC threads should be up shortly thereafter, as well.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Lager posted:

In terms of character, how much does she care about the cause of mutant liberation? Does she share any of Longshot's sociopathic bloodlust, or was she just along for the ride? What does Spiral want these days, now that she's free to seek out her own destiny? And how did she wind up dying, in order to be sucked into the Nexus?

My parents rejected me, my sister had to flee the country, I've lived underground in a country that would murder me on television to entertain their frothing masses. Of course I'd do the same. That's what killed me - with Longshot gone, others in the underground looked me. As bad as humans can be, indiscriminate murder doesn't help Mutants. I tamped down some of Longshot's lingering plans (bombing a resort? WTF?) and redirected our efforts to a raid on a mutant internment camp, where they hold us before execution. I took out thirty of their guards before that knife went through my gut.

Lager posted:

Spiral

A couple suggestions on the datafile - if you're going with Ultimate Universe Spiral, should probably take the Mutant limit. For flavor purposes I feel like you should change the name of the powerset, too, but that's neither here nor there. I feel like she might be able to justify having area attack, since she's able to hold a weapon in each arm. Way I figure, having that many arms, she must've adapted to be able to pay attention to more things at a time than a two-armed person.

Reminder: The deadline for applications is about 24 hours away, I'll be closing out the recruitment phase before passing out tomorrow night.

I'll take a swing at that.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
Because the Shadowrun universe is a FASA property, and FASA children cartoons were produced by overlapping studios with Marvel cartoons, I am going to say GasTRON was rebuilt in some form of the Shadowrun universe (with wonky dimensional poo poo taking him there) and his cyberware was remotely disabled with an implanted miniaturized cortex bomb detonating his spinal cord when Horizon media executives determined it would be advantageous for ratings for THE PARAGON to take a big dive. It was the hypermedia event of the season! This time, he was betrayed by the community he cultivated status in rather than overchallenging someone to his own demise, and that probably haunts him some, making him a darker, more paranoid, half-metal GasTRON. But it also suggests a possibility of developing a greater understanding for someone who has been cast out of a community than he ever possessed when he was the hero of his Disney village.

Also, exploiting shadowrun will make it easier for me to talk about his gear/cybernetics since there's a lot of lore and baseline material to steal from.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Lager posted:

Demolition Man

Have you ever figured out those drat seashells? Were your competitors for the infinity stones other heroes from Earth? Or were they all alien randos? Did you know much about Jeff Goldblum Grandmaster before the meeting? How aware were you of the infinity stones, and what it would mean if you handed them over?

D-man's fellow Champions each came from different worlds, apparently because "pawns" that knew each other had a habit of teaming up to defeat the Grandmaster. Dennis knew nothing of the Grandmaster, and it seemed that the Elder didn't know about D-man either, having selected an Avenger at random as part of a bet with another Elder.

As for the Infinity Stones, D-man knew of them from spending time with real heroes, but he didn't really understand just how powerful they really were until it was almost too late. If he did, he wouldn't have almost erased himself from existence by trying to use that power against the Grandmaster. But at least it all worked out in the end, even if he can't go back to his home universe.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Edited in Fett Castle's bio, as an alternate char for me.

As for which team either would be on:

Bullseye (Domino) - Honestly, she could go either way, though she'd probably fit in better on Exiles despite her Weapon X backstory. I think BECAUSE of her Weapon X backstory she'd actually probably not like the Weapon X option.

Punisher (Fett) - Seems he would lean more toward Weapon X than Exiles, probably. Could be on either, but he's the Punisher... killing people is his thing.

I hope either of them gets in... really curious to try out the system and see how it plays!

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

The Exiles are...

Miss Fury
Slapstick
Bullseye
Green Goblin
Elijah Snow
Starband
Gwenpool

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3856728

Weapon X are...

Sir Nicholas the Fury
GasTRON
Spiral
Venom
Darth Doom
Mega Man X
Agent Addison

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3856727

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

This was...incredibly difficult. Every previous game I ran, I wound up with the exact number of apps that I needed, or close enough to fudge it. With 25 (!) finished apps, there was no way I could fit everyone unfortunately, even with expanding to two teams. Anybody who didn't get in, please feel free to stick around! If you're familiar with Exiles at all, there are lots of opportunities to switch characters in and out.

Every single app was goddamn amazing, thank you all!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Holy poo poo, I don't envy you narrowing down that selection. I will endeavor to not disappoint, cap'n!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Holy poo poo!

Psyched to get in! Game on!

• Locked thread