Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

marioinblack posted:

Belmont people gonna be happy that people might care about their race now.

Justify ain't getting 12 furlongs though. He looked totally gassed at the end there and the Belmont Stakes is further. This wasn't an American Pharoah tour de force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Quick question: which of these were good horses, and which were bad horses?

Do the horses ever race other animals?

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
The good horses were clean and the bad horses were dirty!

They sometimes race dogs that are chasing foxes.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Robnoxious posted:

Still two more horsie to go before the stud fee skyrockets to free ballin'.
But yeah, horse can bang solid 7's even if it tanks The Preakness.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/02/triple-crown-hopeful-justify-could-fetch-six-figure-stud-fees/ $150k per lay if Justify becomes triple horse, and only $50-75k if he loses. Though tapit only won the derby and commands more than American pharaoh, so who knows!

Six long days to horse.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Tapit didn't win any of the Triple Crown races, he just started his career well and then turned out to have really good genes. Sort of a modern version of Mr. Prospector (who totally snubbed me when I visited Claiborne Farm a few months before he died, the jerk).

Early races have been cool and good so far, and the track isn't mud soup for once!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I made the Belmont Stakes thread when American Pharoah won. I’m not making a thread this time.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Whore rear end hat trick time?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
NBC doing horse jockey introductions like SNF, but with T.I. in the background is hilarious.

Always great to see big, stupid animals making GBS threads in public in New York City

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

THE BURGER KING IS IN THE HOUSE

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

...soccer chants?!?

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

YAAAAAAY TRIPLE HORSEY

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

https://nypost.com/2018/06/02/triple-crown-hopeful-justify-could-fetch-six-figure-stud-fees/ $150k per lay if Justify becomes triple horse, and only $50-75k if he loses. Though tapit only won the derby and commands more than American pharaoh, so who knows!

Six long days to horse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMuYfScGpbE

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
triple horse is pretty cool

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
that horse run good

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I am pumped Raylan Givens done won all the horsey things.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

you da man

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not sure I care but I am I am irrationally relieved the Gronk horse didn't spoil it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

You wouldn't have liked Gronk randomly driving his party bus onto the track and throwing an obnoxious party at the finish line? (Me either.)

THANK YOU JEESUS.

Ok, never mind, this isn't cool anymore. :colbert:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
That horse is no Alex Ovechkin, but he's a pretty cool horse

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

How in the hell did the gronk horse come from dead last and looking like he walked out of the gate to finishing second?

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Nice shoutout by Mike Smith to Marlon St Julien btw, all the Jesus talk aside Mike's a good guy who's been around for a long time and deserves this victory.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Justify is a good horse :)

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

mattfl posted:

How in the hell did the gronk horse come from dead last and looking like he walked out of the gate to finishing second?

He's what they call a "closer", that's his running style. It works well over the long distance races like this where the speedy horses usually tire themselves out (unless they're really really good like Justify).

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Youth Decay posted:

He's what they call a "closer", that's his running style. It works well over the long distance races like this where the speedy horses usually tire themselves out (unless they're really really good like Justify).

Ahh ok that makes sense. I saw him out of the gate and I was like what’s wrong with him.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I want to talk about my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

First off, He's more of a hockey man, but thanks for the shoutout, horse driver! And He thanks you for the mention as well, in your horse language, horse.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
That was fun. Didn't think he would hold on jumping out to that lead.

My wife tried to explain to our 4 year old the significance of it, that it's only happened twice in our lifetime. I reminded her it's the 2nd time in the 4 year old's life too.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Gronk finished 2nd again

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

AsInHowe posted:

I want to talk about my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

First off, He's more of a hockey man, but thanks for the shoutout, horse driver! And He thanks you for the mention as well, in your horse language, horse.

I want to thank the People's Republic of China for this awesome jersey!

Vakal
May 11, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

I'm not sure I care but I am I am irrationally relieved the Gronk horse didn't spoil it.

I bet the people who run the bets loved him since he he probably saved them untold millions in payouts do to no absolutely no one predicting he would come in second.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Vakal posted:

I bet the people who run the bets loved him since he he probably saved them untold millions in payouts do to no absolutely no one predicting he would come in second.

All that action probably kept him from being 69-1

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Vakal posted:

That's not how pari-mutual betting works!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/SheriffClarke/status/1005630807342534657

https://twitter.com/ahammsportsgeek/status/1005836461248274432

https://twitter.com/SladeGilmer/status/1005837041517678594

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Sorry, but the WH can only fit so many horse's asses at a time, and they've already exceeded the limit!

• Locked thread