Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/439370/Midair/

quote:

Midair is a fast-paced jetpack shooter set in a breathtaking new sci-fi universe. Use movement and physics to your advantage, outwit your enemy from every angle, build bleeding-edge defenses, and fully customize the way you play. With up to 16v16 large-scale infantry and vehicle combat, you'll never look at a shooter the same way again.

What is MIDAIR?
Midair is a F2P team based FPS shooter harping back to the days of Tribes 1 and Tribes 2. In fact, if you'd have stuck the name Tribes 3 on it, nobody would know any better... other then the fact there is no Shazbot command.
It's fast. Super Fast, but oh so much fun. This isn't another Tribes Ascend! But right now, we need more players!

What Does MIDAIR look like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DroL_YioiOs

Swell! Where do I download MIDAIR?
Its free! Right here!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/439370/Midair/

A word from the OP.
A lot of people are calling this soulless/F2P garbage. I disagree. It doesn't have the charm if T2, but it sure harps back to it. Its still in Early Access, and while that does give it a pass, the devs seems to know what's missing. The weapon unlock system seems to be in places for people who need to learn how to play, first. You unlock rolls/weapons really quickly (I had most things unlocked 10 matches in).
It wont be for everybody. But drat if I'm not enjoying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014
is there katabatic?

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
Not that I've seen. I wish though.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
Archetype missed a golden opportunity to change VGS to "Shitbutt!" and I can't play this game without constant reminders of their hideous mistake.

Lasse Lillebakken
Jul 23, 2007

请大家闭嘴
I'm just glad to be back in the jetpack. It's been far too long.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Excited for this since I gave them some money early on, and put way too much time into T:A

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

I haven't played Tribes in like a billion years but I don't remember the sniper rifle doing as much damage? Combined with the fact that most of the people playing this game are old Tribes vets, I'm getting picked out of the sky pretty frequently off one shot (from full health?). Games fun, not a big fan of the aesthetic (especially vs Tribes 2's. I really liked that one).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lasse Lillebakken
Jul 23, 2007

请大家闭嘴
It does more damage the more energy you have. From the hits I've gotten, I've been down to about 40% on a light. I seem to remember the sniper rifles from T2 were a lot more deadlier. Didn't they take you down to almost 10%?

I've seen a lot of complaints about the aesthetics, but I don't mind them at all. The only thing that bothered me was the default light model, so I opted in for one of the skins. I wonder if they deliberately made the models look terrible from a marketing perspective. Either way it's f2p, so I'm more than happy to support them. There's really no other shooter like Tribes.

I miss the Shazbot voice command. I hope they add some voice packs. If I can have the T2 bot voice, then I'm all set.

• Locked thread