Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Bookkeeping Post

Lilandra's Ship

Bender rolls his eyes a bit. "You are supposed to be fixing things, though! Just...you know, the right way! Hey...like I said, if you wanna keep on trying to take down the big, bad, Hulk, no skin off my nose. None of my business! HAH! But hey, should be any time now that you're getting out of here." He puts a hand to his ear, approaching the Tallus to listen for it charging up. "Any...time...now..." He listens more intently for a long moment, then becomes frustrated. "I'll be back in a jiffy, don't you change a thing!" Disappearing in a *PLOOT*, he reappears a moment later, looking a bit shaken.

"Okay...Um...Nothing to worry about at all, you just do whatever floats your boat, and I'm sure the Powers that Be will have you back on your way in two shakes of a lamb's tail, all right? BYE!"

And with that, he is gone, and the Exiles are left in space, with a waylaid enemy vessel attached to them, and a professional wrestler cosplaying as Doctor Strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

0 PP, 13 XP, d8 mental stress, d8 physical stress "Shi'ar Culture Crash Course" resource D6

Feeling something between dumbfoundedness and rage, Patricia did the only sensible thing she could thing to do: she cried. Then Miss Fury took over.

"You there, with the muscles! I am Patricia Evelyn Walker Fury, Queen of the Emerald City and rightful ruler of the Kingdom of Oz. The gal in pink is Gwen Poole. The gal in the suit is the Dazzling Starband. You'll meet the others later. Does the name 'Hulk' ring any bells?"

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

PP: 2, Stress: d4 Mental, XP: 9

Bullseye, having watched most of the main event unfold on the security monitors in the bridge, keys the shipwide intercom, "So, not to interrupt, but I've taken over as Captain of the ship and it's ours now, so... wanna just continue this discussion on the bridge, with the ship somewhere that is not here?"

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Randy Savage
PP: 1 XP: 0 Stress: 0

The man frowns, though most of his expression is hidden under his MACHO sunglasses and rhinestone cowboy hat. "I knew a Hulk, my brother from another mother, whose druthers caused our friendship to smother for the love of another.." Randy grimaces as he pauses dramatically, baring his teeth as he speaks the name with some venom. "Hogan."

Randy hisses through his teeth, placing his hands on his hips as he surveys the ship. He glances up as a voice rings through the intercom, and he points upwards. "Your man up front has a point, and we should go where he points, cause ain't anyone keepin' score back here, ya hear me?" With that, Savage lets out a soft "oh yeah" under his breath and starts strolling in the direction he assumes the bridge is, adjusting the tape on his wrists and elbows as he walks.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

0 PP, 13 XP, d8 mental stress, d8 physical stress "Shi'ar Culture Crash Course" resource D6

Watching the odd newcomer stride confidently off, Patsy simply looked to Gwen and asked "Did you understand anything that man just said?"

I'll also be heading off, but to rendezvous with Lilandra, and get our subterfuge plan rolling, if that's still on the table.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Elijah Snow
XP: 5, PP: 0, Physical Stress d8

Elijah has been casually freezing key wiring along the Glider to help improve its conductivity, for lack of anything else he can really do to help.

"Biblio, is it? A pleasure to meet you. For future reference, meatbag tends to anger people - save it for when you want that." Elijah's tolerance for insults ranges wildly depending on context, but here and now? High. He nods to Peter. "Good work on recruiting - Biblio, do you care for a pronoun?" He glances at a wristwatch. "If the Shi'ar are being vented to space - oh, I'd say it'll take them...oh, several minutes after we leave to mount a rescue." He glances at the engineers. "<You're good enough to hack one of your escape shuttles without AI assistance, I'm sure. You're going to need to if you want any of your crewmates outside to survive. Remember this mercy.>" He gestures, and the ice around the engineer he threatened starts melting..

"Why don't we leave them to that? As for you, Biblio...suffice to say that giving up on space to live in will have dividends. Ask me later about the Planetary Guides. Actually, we should see about an interview once there's time. Let's go, Mister Parker"

Elijah is actually not mad about recruiting the AI! That...is probably good. Probably.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bookkeeping Post

Engineering Bay

The engineers just stare, gape-mouthed at Snow. They are clearly not used to this kind of day. Still, at his words they back away slowly, then break out into a run as they try to find some way to follow his...suggestions.

Biblio chirps happily. "Why, such wonderful manners! It is traditional Shi'ar custom for ships and other vessels to be male-gendered, so those pronouns will do just ducky for me, thank you." He is about to continue chattering, so glad to have conversational partners and eager to absorb as much data about them as he can, but they are interrupted by a voice over the comm system. Bullseye, it seems, has laid claim to the salvage of this vessel. "Oh, my, it seems like your friends have been busy, haven't they?"

Lilandra's Ship

As Goblin and Snow race towards the bridge, they arrive at nearly the same time as their comrades. They notice almost immediately, though, that Slapstick is not among them - replaced, instead, by a...muscle-bound wizard in a tiger-striped bandanna and a bedazzled cowboy hat. Miss Fury, as well, is nowhere to be found.

The other Exiles have found a curious sight - Bullseye, with the entire bridge crew cowed as they teach her basic control functions for the ship. It seems that their takeover is quite complete. And just like that, the Exiles now have two ships to work with instead of one.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bookkeeping Post

Moving this forward, despite my hatred of double-posting! Sorry for the delay everyone, had meant to have this up a bit ago, but I messed up my wrist pretty badly last weekend and have been feeling lazy about long stretches of typing as a result.

Shi'ar Bridge

The Exiles, with their newly captured Shi'ar vessel, make their way across the galaxy to Kan'sys. The remaining Shi'ar crew members are collected and sent out in escape pods. Bullseye, for her part, embraces the role of pirate captain, forcing the prisoners to ceremoniously "walk the plank" as it were into the escape pods. Lilandra is able to provide coordinates for an old Shi'ar outpost in the area which has been out of use for quite some time, but should still have enough supplies for the marooned crew to eventually contact the Shi'ar homeworld. She estimates that, if the plan is successful, she will be back in power before they are able to do so, thus eliminating the risk of Emperor Hulk's forces learning of the Exiles and their mission.

The rest of the journey is uneventful, though, and soon the team arrives at Kan'Sys - a largely agricultural planet with low population, and minimal Shi'ar presence. Only a simple base on the planet's single moon indicates that the planet is anything more than a primitive backwater world. As Lilandra's ship and the hijacked Shi'ar cruiser enter the system, they are contacted by an automated message asking for identification. Biblio is able to provide convincingly forged information that gives them clearance, and before long, the vessels are able to pull into orbit around the planet itself. The team collects themselves and prepares for departure, but Miss Fury is not among them. As they transport down to the surface, though, they find themselves next to a vast field of tall grains surrounded by a simple wooden fence. It almost looks like Earth, aside from the crimson grass and the obviously-alien architecture. There is a farmhouse not too far down the road, and a worn-looking box that they can only assume is a mail receptacle. On the side of the receptacle is Shi'ar writing, which Biblio helpfully translates.

"I'm just delighted to tell you all, it appears we've arrived at the home of Yonn and M'arrth Cennan." Biblio chirps merrily.

Lilandra's Chambers

With the excitement over with, Lilandra and Miss Fury set about putting in motion their own plan. Lilandra has a machine, fortunately, which allows the user to create clothing instantaneously - from the elegant to the absurd. After a bit of playing around, Miss Fury is able to select what she sees as a quite sensible outfit for a cosmic bounty hunter. She feels like more than a match for Buck Rogers himself when she is finished, and ready to take on the galaxy.

With funds provided by Lilandra, she is more than ready to find a ship and take her "prisoner" Fang to the court of Majestor Hulk. Fang is quite helpful with providing advice. He tells her that they should head for Knowhere - far enough from Shi'ar space to escape notice, and filled with lowlifes who will be happy than happy to provide false identification and a ship - if the price is right. Shortly, they're well on their way, departing in an escape pod and activating the one-time emergency wormhole generator on board to make their way to Knowhere. The sight is astounding - a massive rock that looks like the head of some long-dead giant. Which...well, is exactly what it is. Fang guides them into a docking port, and they disembark onto the strange, alien space station.

Lager fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jan 28, 2020

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

2 PP, 13 XP, d6 mental stress, d6 physical stress "Shi'ar Culture Crash Course" resource D6

Miss Fury tried to suppress her astonishment at the place she was seeing. It was JUST LIKE the radio dramas described! She began to wonder if Misters Crabbe and Raymond had somehow seen it with their own eyes. Green-skinned women of remarkable beauty and glamour, electrical devices of grand size and ominous purpose, and strong-jawed males with roguish twinkles in their eyes, and most importantly, space rockets of every shape and size! She had to fit in, and quickly.

"Follow my lead, Fang" she said, as she sauntered up to a group of semi-dashing roustabouts. "Pardon me, lads, but could one of you point a lady in the direction of the nearest mercenary pub? I've got business to attend to." She batted her lashes, and idly twirled a bit of lavender hair around one finger, making it more than obvious she was sizing the space-farers up flirtatiously.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

PP: 0 XP: 5 Stress: None Complications:
Lingering Asset: Some Answers, More Questions

Peter spent the rest of the voyage, after making awkward introductions to the rest of the team to Biblio, and a somber farewell to Slapstick followed by a confused greeting to uh...the Macho Magician; down in the Engineering Bay, plotting the BiblioGlider's upgrades and trying to figure out the Tallus-Jacker. That is, trying to figure out a way to reliably use it to get where he wants it to go - and take everyone with it.

No live tests yet, but he was sure it'd only be a matter of time.

Of course he put all that on the back burner as their stolen ship touched down, and as Biblio chirped out an explanation for where they were, The Goblin sighed, wearily.

"Oh no...yokels." He bemoaned.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bookkeeping Post

Knowhere

Fang raises a clawed finger to object, but then reconsiders, smiling a bit with a mischievous look in his eyes. After all - what's the worst that can happen? They get into a fight with a pack of aliens who don't like questions? Sounds like a good time to him.

The group she approaches are quite diverse - a human-looking man with a strong jaw, a very tall, tough-looking alien with long hair and beard, and two female aliens - one humanoid with skin the color of an overcast sky who fidgets oddly in an almost insectoid manner, the other with orange skin and hair who carries herself with a regal manner. The human-looking man responds with a wink. "All business, no pleasure? Too bad."

The tall alien rolls his eyes and whispers to his comrade, eyeing Miss Fury. "We don't have time for this..."

The man smiles to Miss Fury as he speaks out the side of his mouth, "Just let me have this. Look at her outfit - I bet her pulse pistol makes a literal 'ZAP' noise!"

The grey-skinned woman gives a confused look. "What does that matter? You've got a gun, you don't need to steal hers!"

The tall alien shakes his head and growls a bit, walking on with the two women. Fang watches them go, slightly disappointed. The human-looking man watches them go, holding his hands out from his shoulders in exasperation, as if to say, "What did I do?" He then collects himself and returns his attention to Miss Fury as Fang eyes him up. "We just came from the only bar on this rock - Starlin's." He points towards what can only be described as a dive nightclub. "I can show you the ropes, if you'd like?" He grins to her.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

2 PP, 13 XP, d6 mental stress, d6 physical stress "Shi'ar Culture Crash Course" resource D6

"As long as you're not planning to tie me up..." with a smirk, she motioned for the stranger to lead on. "Stacy Saturn." she offered by way of a moniker. "Bounty huntress."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

PP: 5 | XP: 0 | Stress: None | Complications: None

"Oh, man, this is the best, I remember Knowhere, it's like... oh, man, I hope there's a Cosmo in this continuity.", Gwenpool says to nobody in particular, before looking to the "bounty huntress" and Imperial Guardsman taking the lead. "Well, usually you go to a hive of scum and villainy, get into trouble, meet some old friend of somebody, and then get pointed where we need to go by circumstance. It's a ploo- pattern."

She looks over her shoulder, tapping her cheek at the shady-looking threesome walking off. Did she know those designs from somewhere?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Randy takes a deep breath of air through his nose and exhales slowly, smiling as he hooks his thumbs into his belt loops. "Oh yeah. Salt of the earth right here, ladies and gentlemen. Hard workin' people, no hustle and bustle and rustle of life in the fast lane."

He cocks his cowboy hat back a bit and chuckles. "Our amber waves of grain lean a little more towards the sanguine end of the spectrum, though. So, what's our goal here, new friends of mine?"

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bookkeeping Post

Knowhere

He grins to her, "Only if you ask nice." He starts walking ahead of her, giving Fang a small and awkward smile as he leads them to Starlin's. "Name's John Craxton. I have to warn you, this place can get a little rough, but the chief of security around here won't let it get too dangerous. Any fights start up and you'll see him come in, barking his head off at everyone." He chuckles under his breath as he leads her into the bar. It's...somehow completely familiar and totally alien. Patsy immediately gets the impression that she's stepped into Rick's in Casablanca, but with a helluva lot more two-headed creatures and bug-eyed monsters. Music that sounds like jazz being played by a band full of crumhorns and cornetts. Drinks that smoke strangely, or light up when the glass is tapped. And eyes watching her from seemingly every corner of the room.

Craxton pushes his way through the crowd and taps on the bar. The bartender eyes him with sleepy eyes, then looks to Miss Fury - or Stacy Saturn, as she's calling herself - and Fang. "What, you forget something, Craxton?" Her guide leans in to the bartender, speaking softly to him and gesturing mildly towards her. Meanwhile, a particularly large alien pushes Miss Fury out of the way impatiently, trying to get past her to the bar. Fang growls, but decides not to start a fight. Yet, anyway. Momentarily, Craxton turns around and steps back over to them. "So, what kind of mercenaries are you in the market for, Miss Saturn? You two look more than capable in a fight. Some kinda trouble you're walking into? I'll need to know what sort of help you're needing if I'm going to make the proper introductions, after all..."

Kan'Sys

As Goblin kvetches, and Macho Man extols the virtues of small town living, down the road at the farmhouse, they can hear distant voices. A woman calls out from inside. "Yonn - I've got the Rozhlberry pie cooling. Don't you work that boy too hard now! Supper'll be ready soon!"

And then, they see an older man with purple skin come into view. He's wearing what immediately seems like the intergalactic equivalent of a grungy plaid shirt and worn jeans. "I'm just working up his appetite, don't you worry M'arrth!" He is smiling as he calls out to the house, but then he notices the Exiles. His smile fades a bit as he steps back momentarily, unsure what to make of them, but then collects himself. "You...uh, you gave me quite a scare there. Don't see too many offworlders around these parts." The man walks towards them, holding out a hand in a friendly wave. "Name's Yonn Cennan. What brings you here and, uh, what can I do you for?" He seems a bit nervous, but downright intent on being hospitable all the same.

Lager fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Feb 19, 2020

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

"Not so much the mercenaries, Mr. Craxton, but their ship. My comrade and I lost ours in a sortie over... well, the details aren't important. We escaped in a Shi'ar shuttle, and need to get back on task. Money isn't an object provided the crewmen are discreet, and ideally quick." she leaned against the bar counter, trying to seem at home and at ease. "Good looking would be an added bonus..."

Patsy was no fool. More than likely, whatever crew she hired on would need to be subdued at the earliest convenience. No random rabble from a bar could be trusted with even enough details to tell them where she was going. If the so-called Emperor Hulk had any savvy, there'd be informants lurking in every nook of a place like this. Besides; from what she'd been told so far, she'd likely never find a crew courageous enough to cross him.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bookkeeping Post

Knowhere

Craxton nods, almost seeming to frown a bit, but catching himself. "Shi'ar shuttle? Hmm. Lot of trouble going on in that part of the galaxy..." He eyes Fang very briefly, before smiling again. "I've got just the folks in mind, though. Kree. No love for the Shi'ar, if there's any trouble there you won't need to worry." He cracks his knuckles as the bartender comes back with some pale green drinks that emit a sort of fog off the top. Craxton hands one to Miss Fury, sipping one himself. "Just a moment, I'll setup the meeting." He bows his head slightly before turning and swaggering off towards a corner of the bar. It's a few minutes of loud aliens pushing up to the bar, calling out random orders, and Fang growling at anyone who gets to close to ward them off before Craxton comes back into view, waving them over.

As they follow, Miss Fury and her Guardsman companion see a trio of bald blue men in combat armor. They eye her with a less-than-friendly expression. Craxton gestures towards them. "These...are Nam-Phamm, Ash-Tram, and Stall-Gern. They are the owners of a ship that I believe will suit you quite well, and have agreed to discuss the matter of transportation with you."

Stall-Gern, the largest of the blue men, stares at Miss Fury coldly, sipping on a black, tar-like drink. "You can go, Craxton." He mutters, without looking at him. Craxton indicates to Miss Fury where he'll be in case they need him and departs for another section of the bar. Stall-Gern looks to Fang, then back at Miss Fury. "Craxton says you need a ship. Where do you need to go?"

You'll need to roll against him to cause emotional stress as part of this negotiation. How you do will determine what kind of situation you're going to find yourself in.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

"Kan'sys." she said, sharply. "And quietly. You can do quiet, yes?"

Going to try and put them on the defensive, right out the gate. Pool is Solo d10, Bored Socialite d8, Crime expert 2d6. (10)+(6)+(1+1) = 10 with a d8 effect and two opportunities. :rackem:

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Bookkeeping Post

Knowhere

@Lager: 1d8+1d8+1d8 Stall-Gern Defense Against Emotional Stress (Team, Am I Blue?, Business Expert) = (8)+(1)+(2) = 11; 10 with a d4 for his defense. As discussed in Discord, your roll would actually have been a 16 with a d4, so his lovely defense ends up bumping that to d6 Emotional Stress against him. If he gets to d8 you'll win the negotiation and the Kree crew will basically just be a bunch of suckers. Also, take 2 PP for your opportunities.

Stall-Gern growls a bit at the inference, his cool exterior breaking slightly, but regains his composure as he raises an eyebrow. "You'll find us more than capable of quiet, but that can be...pricey. Pair of bounty hunters like you, seemingly rich enough you've got no concern for money, seems to me that you could've gone to any space port around and just bought a new ship in cash. People like you don't come to Knowhere unless you're looking to hide from someone." He sips his drink, his expression back to its impenetrable glare. "Who did you piss off?"

@Lager: 1d6+1d8+1d6 Stall-Gern on the offensive! (Solo, Ain't These Tears In My Eyes Telling You?, Psych Rookie) = (6)+(5)+(4) = 15; 11 with a d6 effect to cause Emotional Stress to Miss Fury.

Lager fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

ATTENTION: The game is moving to Discord, effective immediately. I have not idea if anyone has been lurking this thread, or if any of my players haven't seen the announcement in our Discord. Discord link: https://discord.gg/cAqWQU4