Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Doc M posted:

It is, and it's one of my favorites from Al. It's also incredibly, ridiculously difficult to sing, to the extent that even Al himself doesn't perform it live because he knows he's not going to be able to nail that "Would you look at all that stuff..." section again, certainly not on the first try.

They got

*takes huge breath*

allen wrenches, gerbil feeders, toilet seats, electric heaters, trash compactors, juice extractors, shower rods and water meters, walkie-talkies, copper wires, safety goggles, radial tires, BB pellets, rubber mallets, fans and dehumidifiers,
picture hangers, paper cutters, waffle irons, window shutters, paint removers, window louvres, masking tape and plastic gutters, kitchen faucets, folding tables, weather stripping, jumper cables, hooks and tackle, grout and spackle, power foggers, spoons and ladles,
pesticides for fumigation, high-performance lubricaton, metal roofing, water proofing, multi-purpose insulation, air compressors, brass connectors, wrecking chisels, smoke detectors, tire gauges, hamster cages, thermostats and bug deflectors,
trailer hitch demagnetizers, automatic circumcisers, tennis rackets, angle brackets, duracells and energizers, soffit panels, circuit breakers, vacuum cleaners, coffee makers, calculators, generators, MATCHING SALT AND PEPPER SHAKERS *wheeze*

All in just a hair over 30 seconds

Yeah no i wouldn't perform that song live either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
FYI, all 77 concerts from the most recent tour are streaming on the Stitcher app, for anyone who wasn't aware. All original songs, mildy different set list each show, some including Albuquerque and Jackson Park Express, along with some other things they haven't done live since the 80's. There's a parody medley just before the encore, AND there a different cover during the encore of each show.

Weird Al singing Smoke on the Water was not something I realized I needed in my life.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

HenryEx posted:

They got

*takes huge breath*

allen wrenches, gerbil feeders, toilet seats, electric heaters, trash compactors, juice extractors, shower rods and water meters, walkie-talkies, copper wires, safety goggles, radial tires, BB pellets, rubber mallets, fans and dehumidifiers,
picture hangers, paper cutters, waffle irons, window shutters, paint removers, window louvres, masking tape and plastic gutters, kitchen faucets, folding tables, weather stripping, jumper cables, hooks and tackle, grout and spackle, power foggers, spoons and ladles,
pesticides for fumigation, high-performance lubricaton, metal roofing, water proofing, multi-purpose insulation, air compressors, brass connectors, wrecking chisels, smoke detectors, tire gauges, hamster cages, thermostats and bug deflectors,
trailer hitch demagnetizers, automatic circumcisers, tennis rackets, angle brackets, duracells and energizers, soffit panels, circuit breakers, vacuum cleaners, coffee makers, calculators, generators, MATCHING SALT AND PEPPER SHAKERS *wheeze*

All in just a hair over 30 seconds

Yeah no i wouldn't perform that song live either.

I can do the breakdown in the Horoscope Song in one breath

https://youtu.be/Wg_4b-1aWKg

You will never find true happiness, whatcha gonna do cry about it

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
Not a paroby of a specific song, just the White Stripes' style, but "CNR" is great.

Every day he made the host of Match Game give him a piggyback ride
Yeaaaaah! Two-hour piggyback ride
Giddyup Gene!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

His Jerry springer cover of one week has a better narrative than the original.

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006
Any time I eat or make lasagna, I can't help but sing Weird Al's Lasagna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSso5a9AxYw

It's hard to beat La Bamba, but Al came pretty close.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Word Crimes is infinitely less rapey than Blurred Lines.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
I was always a huge fan of Living with a Hernia. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8Ow1nlafOg Just a really well put together parody with dumb puns that work really well.

His original stuff really was amazing too. Though most are just style parodies, he really knows how to hit a sound. Traffic Jam as mentioned is very good and Frank's 2000 Inch TV is an amazing REM parody.

I think my favorite original is Midnight Star from In 3D. I love the lyrics, but the music is very good too.

Now I think I'll go and find some old AL TV clips and enjoy those again.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Elfface posted:

Word Crimes is infinitely less rapey than Blurred Lines.

Fabulous video too.

My picks are All About The Pentiums and Headline News

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
One thing about Word Crimes is that Al actually apologised for the line "Cause you write like a spastic" because he didn't know that was a UK slur against the mentally disabled. Because he's a cool guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

Fun Weird Al fact: two of his cousins had a short stint as novelty rappers in Japan, under the name "Nice Guy Jin" (get it? GET IT?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0cZd118emk

• Locked thread