Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Get a load of this rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
nooner why didn't you name the turtle "danklin"?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
because forums poster ThatHonkey told me i would be a huge rear end in a top hat if i didnt name one dranklin and I didnt want to be a huge rear end in a top hat :ohdear:

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.
Likeable chihuahuas do exist. They're rare though. Every vet I've ever had remarks on how Peep is the only chihuahua they've ever liked in their x years of practicing. He's a little sweetheart. It's a shame he's so gross and nobody wants to touch him. :(

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
This girl I knew had a chihuahua with eyes that were too big for it's sockets so it's eyeballs bulged our from it's skull and were constantly leaking puss because they were perpetually infected. It was honestly the single grossest animal I've ever seen in person and I felt glad when it died. That dog will forever be the thing that I think of when I hear about any chihuahuas.

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.

Who What Now posted:

This girl I knew had a chihuahua with eyes that were too big for it's sockets so it's eyeballs bulged our from it's skull and were constantly leaking puss because they were perpetually infected. It was honestly the single grossest animal I've ever seen in person and I felt glad when it died. That dog will forever be the thing that I think of when I hear about any chihuahuas.

That's how Peep lost his eye. Just popped right out one day. *shudder* The other one's not all pus-ified or anything thank god, but I've always been afraid it's going to pop out too. I admit, he is pretty gross bless his heart. He...oozes. Stuff. He's stinky.

He is 17 though. He wasn't a leaky, stinky, stringy looking mess when he was younger.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

almightyerin posted:

That's how Peep lost his eye. Just popped right out one day. *shudder* The other one's not all pus-ified or anything thank god, but I've always been afraid it's going to pop out too. I admit, he is pretty gross bless his heart. He...oozes. Stuff. He's stinky.

He is 17 though. He wasn't a leaky, stinky, stringy looking mess when he was younger.

Im positive your dog is a kind and sweet pup that loves you dearly, and I say this with all kindness: that dog prays for death

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
The great thing about dogs is that they are incapable of experiencing existential crises or lusting for death, they’re just really loving happy to see you!

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.
Here's my crabber "running" on a hamster wheel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVRw2OwaTIk

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I can remember my old dogs' birth/death dates, but not my nieces/nephews' birthdays

E. Also, one of my dogs died a few months ago and I was really broken up about it (she was old but it happened suddenly/unexpectedly). I'm really tempted to get a new dog, but I'm just about to move ~2000mi in the next two months, so I feel like I should wait.

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 00:57 on May 17, 2018

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Today is this pretty girl’s 2nd birthday!

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

We have 2 cats and we just moved to a new place so one cries if I even leave the room to go piss :(

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
Here’s my dogs and my GF’s dogs looking like the back of a 90’s alternative album.

Pearl, the fluffy one on the far left was minutes from being euthanized at a shelter because of food aggression. My GF was like ‘she’s nine pounds, who cares?’ and adopted her 8 years ago. She’s still food aggressive.

Enzo, the grizzled elder on the left was picked up by a rescue organization in Juarez, Mexico living on the streets. He was brought across the border with 40 others and my GF adopted him nine years ago. He’s exceptionally smart but going a bit deaf.

Top-center is my dog Pickles(R.I.P.) I fostered him as a puppy(he was born in a shelter) and he just stayed. He was a wonderful dog, energetic and always happy, but he got sick last year and after spending a vast amount of money at the vet’s, we had to put him down. I miss him greatly. He was three.

The smallish white terrier on the right is Flora. Flora was left locked in a foreclosed home and nearly starved to death, but someone found her in time and we’ve had her for 7 years. She loves cheese of all kinds and plays fetch for hours.

The corgi-chihuahua mix at bottom-right is Tillie. I found her wandering along some railroad tracks very early one Sunday morning, even though she was chipped, her owners never responded. :( She is a very well-mannered girl who doesn’t really know how to play with other dogs - I think she was owned by an elderly person who passed away and nobody cared about her after that.

People suck. Dogs are cool.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
My cat will scratch and cry at my door all night so I let her into my room before I go to bed and every morning around six or seven she gets up in my face and starts batting me with her paw on my forehead or cheek till I wake up and let her out.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
My cat died a year ago after being put down due to acute renal failure.

My dog died two weeks ago due to being put down after having a stroke and not having control of his motor functions.

:smith:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Cat

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Who What Now posted:

Owning a pet is a lot like inviting a severely autistic person into your home. They eat what we would consider to be garbage and they often poo poo where they're standing when frightened. But unlike those with autism we love our pets despite their many, many faults. Tell us about your pets, GBS!

It's funny that you mention autism because I have always found, forever, since the internet was invented, that the autism of someone on the internet could usually be measured by how readily they posted about their pets. This is one of the only consistencies of the internet, to this day.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
My eight year old dog just died of cancer and I feel like poo poo and don't want to get another one. I get too attached to dogs and then it's crushing when they die.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Looks remarkably like my cat, who died of stomach / pancreatic cancer in 2012. Except, my cat's white spot extended to his nose, with the black/white line going straight down the middle. Literally half of his nose was black and the other half white/pink.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Sucrose posted:

My eight year old dog just died of cancer and I feel like poo poo and don't want to get another one. I get too attached to dogs and then it's crushing when they die.

have you tried a cat? they loving suck

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

That's Rosie she is a big ol' doofus and loves everybody

That's Daisy The Cat Who Wouldn't DieTM. She had cancer and it just... went away. She's 20 years old.

Technically those guys live at my parents' house but I grew up with them so they're my pets :colbert:

This is my new guy although technically he isn't mine he lives down the street and I don't know his name so I call him "My Boy":

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I have a cat, she is good and cool. My roommate has 2 cats, they're a little bit "special"

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Maldoror posted:

Looks remarkably like my cat, who died of stomach / pancreatic cancer in 2012. Except, my cat's white spot extended to his nose, with the black/white line going straight down the middle. Literally half of his nose was black and the other half white/pink.

RIP Tuxedo boy :( I hope he was called Harvey.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
tuxedo cats are extremely good

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

tuxedo cats are extremely good

Dinah agrees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

When I lived places that didn't allow pets, I had plants! Because it's nice to care for things.

• Locked thread