Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
It was Ferrus's best day out.

That lasted 8 days.

He only thinks it's one because he stayed up the entire time. Too excited about trains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Those hot angry honkers

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Let's shoot stuff in two more engaging ways than in Phantom Hourglass and shun our pirate ancestry.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
Thinking about it, there was that goron in Twilight Princess who was stuck in the frozen lake in Zora's Domain for probably weeks on end. And the old one in Majora's Mask that would freeze solid wandering around outside the village, and you'd have to thaw him out to talk to him.

They get cold, but it doesn't seem to affect them. They're basically just living rocks, I think, like the Rock Biter from The Neverending Story (and now I'm dating myself).

I guess in the case of the former example, it would take a LOT of zoras to lift him out of there...

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!

KieranWalker posted:

Thinking about it, there was that goron in Twilight Princess who was stuck in the frozen lake in Zora's Domain for probably weeks on end. And the old one in Majora's Mask that would freeze solid wandering around outside the village, and you'd have to thaw him out to talk to him.

They get cold, but it doesn't seem to affect them. They're basically just living rocks, I think, like the Rock Biter from The Neverending Story (and now I'm dating myself).

I guess in the case of the former example, it would take a LOT of zoras to lift him out of there...

In MM if you were in Goron form and went in deep water I think you immediately lost a heart and respawned out of the water. In TP Gorons seem to be fine to sit underwater forever.

Inconsistencies? In MY Zelda?

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Dec 20, 2019

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Carbon dioxide posted:

In MM if you were in Goron form and went in deep water I think you immediately lost a heart and respawned out of the water. In TP Goron's seem to be fine to sit underwater forever.

Inconsistencies? In MY Zelda?

I think of it as the same as falling into a bottomless pit. That Goron's not getting out on his own, and neither are you.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

I remember it took me a long time to get around to editing the footage for this part because of how miserable it is.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I really liked the Byrne fight and I was sad about not having an easy way to challenge him again. Also the lack of Link & Zelda boss fights in the game in general.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

KieranWalker posted:

Technically, that Goron in TP wasn't in the frozen lake. He was in the large chunk of molten rock, you teleported in there to thaw that lake.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

"We have neither the powers of spirits nor demons"
-A literal spirit possessing a sentient piece of armor

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Let's get sand in our joints and count the grains

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

It's another two-part collection and exploration sequence before we reach the endgame. Only three more parts after this, folks.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Wow, that last block segment turned into a 3-dimensional slide puzzle there at the end, didn't it?

Looks more aggravating than anything else.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

bit late on this, but i appreciate that the tradition of getting a super powerful magic sword is so strong the game has to just randomly give you one with no fanfare or build-up for the final act

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

On the topic of the value of Dark Ore, wasn't the value of gold in its rarity for the longest time? It was just pretty and rare, so people wanted it. It was too soft to make anything useful out of, and its usefulness as an electrical conductor was only discovered relatively recently, with the advent of electronics.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Gold's value is intrinsically tied to how people feel about it, which is independent of its rarity. Consider that indigenous cultures outside of Eurasia and (northern) Africa valued other materials (e.g. wampum in what is now New England).

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams

Commander Keene posted:

On the topic of the value of Dark Ore, wasn't the value of gold in its rarity for the longest time? It was just pretty and rare, so people wanted it. It was too soft to make anything useful out of, and its usefulness as an electrical conductor was only discovered relatively recently, with the advent of electronics.

Gold was useful as a monetary unit because of its specific rarity and ease in making into small pieces, sure.

It also had the super-useful attribute of 'Not melting in direct sunlight into nothing'.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh god, now Skippy's gone from the LP and from Youtube entirely now.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.

RareAcumen posted:

Oh god, now Skippy's gone from the LP and from Youtube entirely now.

With rando jerkfaces from other continents trying to copyright strike him for simply playing a game for the internet, can't blame him. =\

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer

SorataYuy posted:

With rando jerkfaces from other continents trying to copyright strike him for simply playing a game for the internet, can't blame him. =\

Well, that's bogus.. :|

Thorn, can Skippy's expy in the end card artwork come back as a farewell?

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
Wait, what happened? I just saw all his videos are gone.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
His videos kept getting false DMCA's and he'd had enough, so he purged his channel. He seemed pretty well done with it all for a while now anyway, but 'tis a pile of shames.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

KeiraWalker posted:

Well, that's bogus.. :|

Thorn, can Skippy's expy in the end card artwork come back as a farewell?

Transparently appearing in the sky.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Final part of collection, and we must face ourselves and our mortality. No wonder we go glam by the end.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Having a hell of a lot of fun with this whole thing, I'm sad it's getting near the end.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

One last trudge through the Tower of Spirits. This thing needs a drat window.
LP concludes next week!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Do you have to charge the how every time now? It seems unnecessary for those eyes on the wall at least.

Edit: Two minutes later you mention it in the video, I have the worst timing on pausing these things.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 22, 2020

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

The time has come at last for Toots and Zelda to defeat Cole and Malladus.
Thanks again to Skippy for joining us early on, and to Lore for the great post-video art.

And thus also concludes this Portable Zeldas thread. Thank you to all who watched all or some of these, and thanks again to MeccaPrime for joining me back in the GameBoy Zeldas. Ocarina of Time 3D: Master Quest and Majora's Mask 3D are still future possibilities, but for now we're going to focus on getting Twilight Princess HD off the ground as well as several other LPs ready and waiting in the wings.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

This was a fun watch. Toots♪ grew on me in the end. Thanks for playing it all the way through! I know it was a hard pass for a lot of people when it came out, but I agree that it has a lot of charm and I'm glad there's a way for people to enjoy it now that it's harder to find and play.

I also picked the "Engineer" ending myself back when I played it.

Did anyone in the thread pick the "Warrior" or "Dunno" options?

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Well that was a fun little adventure! I'd heard mixed things about Spirit Tracks, so this lp was a nice way of seeing the game.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I am... whelmed by the ending of Spirit Tracks. It ...occurred.

Feels kinda like the end of an era, here, though. This thread's been going for a while.

Thanks, guys! Looking forward to the next one!

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!
Thank you for all the LPs!

That was certainly a ride.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Protecting Zelda and the flute were the hardest parts of this game for me.

Shame that it didn't leave as much of an impression though. Imagine how this series would be been if Zelda kept losing her body like Samus does every power up and traveled with you the entire game.

Thanks for the laughs, RIP Slippy Granloa.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

This was a really neat game, thanks for sharing it. Those last battles were really cool, at least to watch.

Bye, PizzaJoe! Bye, Toots♪!

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Great LP, ya'll! I'm gonna miss Toots♪

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.
So long, Toots! It was fun riding the rails with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Bye toots! Saw you with a delay, still greatly enjoyed.

https://twitter.com/tziro460/status/1229708236833427456