Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is your job bullshit
Yes
No
I don't know
View Results

• Locked thread
Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I animate shows that pretend to teach kids lessons but are actually designed to sell them toys.

It feels productive. Not sure anything in the entertainment industry is really meaningful work though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Entertaining people isn’t bullshit in my books. Manufacturing demand is otoh

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
No it is not bullshit. I stand ready at the chute- the balls come out and hit me in the chest and I take them to the grate where I squish them through the bars. I watch them go up the tube and then I run back to the chute where they hit me in the chest. What would happen if someone's chest wasn't in the way of the balls? The answer is of course none of you will ever have to find out.

Catpants McStabby
Jul 10, 2001

seriously, :wtc:
I make fillings and donuts for ... well, everyone. We make Ihop's filling, we make all of the cinnabun filling (it's actually made with pretty good stuff, tbh), we also make all the Dunkin Donuts stuff and Casey's donuts too. It's a hot, thankless job, but we're union so that's kinda bullshit. But thankfully goons eay a lot of icing.

I love you guys.,

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe
The reason why Keynes was blowing smoke is simple: man is addicted to Progress Quest forever more.

That means that for every real advancement that improves efficiency, men will find ten more ways to waste that money on useless poo poo. And it always has to be the latest-and-greatest, or people will shun it.

Every year means you need new hotness of Titanium Golf Clubs,
Smart Refrigerators, The Internets, Nuclear Submarines, Rural Electrification, Trendy drugs to fight cancer, AI-powered Jeopardy Contestants, God Impersonators/Rich Celeberities, New technology to save a few people from dying in car crashes, but slowly triples the price of cars, Wasting as much power and compute resources as a small country in order to bet on ONE computer-created currency over ten billion others, Same-day delivery of pointless items.

Until we say "enough," you can never target something as simple as reducing working hours. Until then, it's too loving easy to get distracted with cheering on Monday Night Rehabilitation (nightly grand entertainment is yet another ludicrous waste of money).

My job is part of a team making sure our military has better information than the enemy. Get to put our sensors on aircraft, which is pretty cool.

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 06:27 on May 23, 2018

• Locked thread