Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Byfugliens passes have been utter dogshit this entire series and someone needs to read him the riot act in the back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Also, I am so God drat glad I followed through on going to that first home preseason game in Vegas in September because it's made me pull for them even more.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

achillesforever6 posted:

*insert MAF jacking off his stick gif here*

does this gif actually exist and can someone link it

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Ciaphas posted:

does this gif actually exist and can someone link it

It most certainly does but I cannot.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
i'm glad that going to dinner with family didn't become a curse

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Number19 posted:

Yeah the team that didn’t get a power play since the first period “got a lot of calls their way”

did you miss when Vegas obviously iced the puck with like 30 seconds left and the refs just decided not to call it or

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Number19 posted:

Yeah the team that didn’t get a power play since the first period “got a lot of calls their way”

Just lol at the excuse-making going on in here

Sorry the expansion team is actually good

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It sucks when a team dominates play for 5 out of 6 periods and ends up with 2 losses. Boo

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

this series is beyond 'bad reffing' and well into 'bullshit witchcraft' territory

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

A Typical Goon posted:

did you miss when Vegas obviously iced the puck with like 30 seconds left and the refs just decided not to call it or

The point is that you can’t have it both ways. Tons of poo poo got missed on board though teams. The refs have been awful all playoffs.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Also, regardless of the missed icing Buff absolutely hosed up by not paying attention to what’s going on. His team also hosed up by not yelling at him there there’s no icing.

You play to the whistle and he got caught making a mental mistake, regardless of the ref mistake.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

FBS posted:

this series is beyond 'bad reffing' and well into 'bullshit witchcraft' territory

Vegas gonna win the Stanley cup and then miss the playoffs for 20 years in a row

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Nail Rat posted:

Vegas gonna win the Stanley cup and then miss the playoffs for 20 years in a row

yeah that loving makes me feel better

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Nail Rat posted:

They'll lose to ec champs and then be lovely for 20 years, praise be

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

FBS posted:

yeah that loving makes me feel better

well the jets will probably do well next year too

and also the series isn't over

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Yeah keep predicting the Knights will be bad, that's worked out well so far

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

I would definitely expect Karlsson (and to a lesser extent Haula) to regress next year. Karlson is shooting at 23%. That's absurd.

Beyond that, all of your top 5 scorers are well over league average for shooting percentages for forwards. Now that difference might disappear if you only consider top six forwards - but I wouldn't be surprised if James Neal (is he even signed next year?) and Marchessault are the only VGK who break 25g next year.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Neal is probably gone after this year, which Tatar is partly a contingency for

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Lessail posted:

Neal is probably gone after this year, which Tatar is partly a contingency for

Are there cap reasons for him to leave? With the success, why would be leave otherwise

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

pacerhimself posted:

Are there cap reasons for him to leave? With the success, why would be leave otherwise

vegas has lots of cap space but: they need to resign Karlsson coming off a banner year. He's probably going to get over-paid. He is an RFA though so maybe the gm plays hardball.

And yeah, James Neal is off the books - maybe he resigns too - but again, he had a good year - he can probably demand a higher salary and will probably get it.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Several hours late because I was inhaling bourbon at a wedding but V G K

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Is there a site that tracks how many controlled zone entries a team has compared to dump and chase entries? I know dump and chase increases for most teams in the playoffs, but Vegas must be something ridiculous. Even during the regular season I could tell they were doing it a lot, but tonight was something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
If..IF the Golden Knights win the cup, I'd expect them to bend over backwards to resign Neal. They've got plenty of cheap young talent coming up, and it'd be good to ride that nostalgia train for Vegas kids just getting into the Knights. As long as they could keep the deal short, overpaying for him wouldn't hurt them and would make good business sense. Obviously Karlsson is the real priority though.

• Locked thread