Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loanarn
May 28, 2004

This is why I beat hookers.

Sgt. at Arms

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

Talking about doing one last big drive before garage season starts, here is the proposed route:

https://goo.gl/maps/5cfgKLcscCr

Probably start pretty early 8-830, have a beer or two in Astoria then head back to PDX. Tentatively I was thinking 9/29/2018 (a Saturday). It would be cool to get a contingent of goons to join.

Saturdays work good for me. I should be able to do this no problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Looks like a fun route, and a good excuse to pick up some beers at Ft. George. I'll keep an eye on this thread, hoping I'll have my wheels refinished and mounted by then.

Loanarn
May 28, 2004

Sgt. at Arms

dphi posted:

Looks like a fun route, and a good excuse to pick up some beers at Ft. George. I'll keep an eye on this thread, hoping I'll have my wheels refinished and mounted by then.

What would you be driving? Just curious. Are you the guy with the BRZ/FRS/86? All cars are welcome.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Loanarn posted:

What would you be driving? Just curious. Are you the guy with the BRZ/FRS/86? All cars are welcome.

I haven't shown up to one of these yet - I drive a Q50, lowered, and soon to be wearing 3-piece HREs

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe
I’m going to try to ride the street triple up. My ex recently got a photo radar ticket on that stretch of 30 leaving Portland, so watch out for that.

Loanarn
May 28, 2004

Sgt. at Arms

Fats posted:

I’m going to try to ride the street triple up. My ex recently got a photo radar ticket on that stretch of 30 leaving Portland, so watch out for that.

Hmmm... I'd like to know where. I drive that road 2x a day to commute and haven't seen speed cameras or red light cameras anywhere on 30 yet. I tried looking both up online and haven't found any results yet.

What does ride the street triple up mean?

Loanarn
May 28, 2004

Sgt. at Arms
Quote=/=Edit

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Well, I was going to try and bring the new Z - but the gas tanks full of rust. No time to fix it before hand and the FD hasn't moved since the last drive. Maybe next time.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

the spyder posted:

Well, I was going to try and bring the new Z - but the gas tanks full of rust. No time to fix it before hand and the FD hasn't moved since the last drive. Maybe next time.

It's a month away, you gotta get that white fd out, it is an awesome looking car. Also I promise to not take us around St Helens and on barely paved roads.

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe

Loanarn posted:

Hmmm... I'd like to know where. I drive that road 2x a day to commute and haven't seen speed cameras or red light cameras anywhere on 30 yet. I tried looking both up online and haven't found any results yet.

What does ride the street triple up mean?

It was a photo van, I don’t remember the exact location but I’ll ask next time I talk to her. 51 in a 40. :v:

It means I’m going to ride my Triumph Street Triple motorcycle up from Corvallis and ride with you guys (hopefully).

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Skyline Drive on 8/29/2018 starting at 6:30 PM. Here is our meeting spot: https://goo.gl/maps/aUbJZ3q5EuH2

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Talking about doing one last big drive before garage season starts, here is the proposed route:

Probably start pretty early 8-830, have a beer or two in Astoria then head back to PDX. Tentatively I was thinking 9/29/2018 (a Saturday). It would be cool to get a contingent of goons to join.

This is coming up, come do driving and food eating.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

It was fun riding with you guys and checking out the unique cars. Had a bit of a wild time trying to catch up when I thought I went to the wrong Chevron.

I love anything by Fort George so count me in 100% Hopefully I can get a few things done to the car before then.

Loanarn
May 28, 2004

Sgt. at Arms

This is imminent for those thinking of joining. I am showing up with the GTR, we got a 300ZX coming, Fox Body Mustang Cobra, and potentially NA Miata, MK4 Supra Turbo, and SW20 MR2 Turbo. The cool cars are piling up folks. Time to bring your ride too. Yes I mean you.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

We're talking 8AM right?

Probably start pretty early 8-830

Ah cool. Slightly pissed I didn't get much aesthetics done since the last drive, but I'm going to re-gap my other 3 spark plugs tonight so I can pretend I did something.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

I'm running a little late. Don't leave at 8:00 sharp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Edit, nvm

Lord of Garbagemen fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 29, 2018

• Locked thread