Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Wheels falling off for stephens here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
wtf was that halep

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

Pillbug
Still a firm proponent of life bans for people continuing to shout once a player is preparing for serve

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

and now Stephens is turning into 2017 Halep, what a twist

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I hope Halep doesn't gently caress this up now.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Stephens just cant finish a point after opening up the court at the moment

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Double break. 5-0. Maybe she doesn’t have to serve for the win

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

it’s gonna be really interesting to see how Halep does with this demon finally exorcised

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
...:unsmith:

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Boxbot was head of security.
I took this yesterday but I imagine it'll be relevant again tomorrow.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

aejix posted:

Still a firm proponent of life bans for people continuing to shout once a player is preparing for serve

I think you could probably ruin a player for life if you fired an airhorn during their backswing

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Glare Seethe posted:

Halep v Stephens is interesting. I imagine Halep might be a little desperate to finally win one, but her recent record in finals is obviously not so stellar whereas Sloane has never lost one, and has a really cool and steely demeanor on court as well. I feel like Halep will start strongly, maybe winning the first set, but I'm not sure she'll survive once things derail / her form drops a bit and Stephens starts to mount a comeback.

I like 'em both so win-win for me, at least. I hope it's good.

Cornflakes posted:

Yeah this is well put, I think Halep either doesn't let up and wins solidly in 2 or loses in 3 in agonizing fashion

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

At least the overall narrative was basically correct, just got the roles mixed up.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Well he tried :rip:

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
Completely forgot about Roland Garros this year, although looking at the results it didn't look like I missed much.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

GOATOC

Greatest of All Time on Clay clenbuterol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
https://twitter.com/pkedrosky/status/1007341553335988224

• Locked thread