Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

The old thread has long been archived, and as I'm looking to recruit I figured it's time for a new one!

As before, let's keep discussion in this thread to a minimum and keep it as a series of listings or positions on offer, or advertising of your skills as a freelancer, using the following templates.

If you're offering your services:
Languages: Python, Ruby, PHP, Obj-C, C# etc.
Frameworks: Rails, Django, Expression Engine etc.
Things you like to do: Web applications, iPhone Apps, Games
Availability: Can you work a couple hours a day? Full time?

And if you are recruiting for a position:
Languages: as above...
Frameworks: as above...
Description of role: blurb of the sort of person you're after
Contact/Link: e-mail, PM / link to a place for applications

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

I'm recruiting for a software engineer (or graduate software engineer) to join a small team responsible for developing the suite of tools in the Aerodynamics department of Williams F1.

If you don't know who Williams F1 is, then a bad place to start is this thread in SAS where the current team performance means we get a thorough bashing every race weekend :( Despite this, however, it's a pretty excellent place to work.

Languages: C++, C#, Python
Frameworks: Qt, WPF, Winforms
Description of role: Primarily responsible for developing and maintaining mathematical tools for visualising data from the wind tunnel, CFD, amongst others. You also get to work with me (not sure if positive or not).
Contact/Link: PM me for more details, or apply here.

Edit: updated link - now advertising as a graduate position but we're still keen to talk to anyone with the right skills/experience for a more senior role.

Rebus fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jun 9, 2018

Vehementer
Sep 24, 2006

All Singing All Dancing!
Looking for webdev for 2 small and 1 medium sized project. In my spare time, I run a charity and I need to build a number of webapps to assist with donations.

Languages: PHP (and DB)
Frameworks: Stripe payments/Paypal payments/Bootstrap/Jquery
Description of role:
* single page webapp (take donations from stripe/paypal)
* Cut down version of kickstarter style webapp but for charity (person X wants to do Y and raise money for Z) people donate to campaign.
Contact/Link: PM with quotes...

and other kinds of little/medium sized projects... all very MVP

Vehementer fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jun 8, 2018

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

The goon job thread got archived for some reason -

We have a (PAID) intern position starting immediately in Location: downtown Oakland California for the summer

Your work would primarily include Languages:
- Python
- Postgres 10.x
- Docker
- Kubernetes
- Maybe Java/Grails 3 (ick ick ick)

Frameworks:
- Flask
- Grails 3

Description of role:

It's mostly devops/sre work but I can promise you that you'd be working on (greenfielding) two python projects from the very beginning, both the backend API server talking to postgres and the front end server that talks to the backend api server. This could be a solo project or a collaboration depending on how well you work/want to work on project(s)

You would get to work with containers and kubernetes to a strong degree, which will look good on a resume as pretty much everyone wants someone with experience in that these days.

I hired another early 20-something goon-engineer at my last company in 2016 and he's now an engineering manager at another startup making more than I do with over 160 million in investment and a viable business model in the medical industry. I am really good at onboarding and can actually provide some mentorship rather than dump you in a seat and forget about you.

PM me for more details

Tsunami Redux
Jan 18, 2008
Hey folks! I'm a full-stack web developer looking for work. Preferably a full-time job in or around Orlando, FL, or remote.

Languages: Javascript, HTML, CSS
Frameworks/Tech/Libraries: React, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express/Node, handlebars, Sequelize/MySQL, Mongoose/MongoDB
Things you like to do: Web applications, Games, Websites
Availability: Full-time, Freelance

Tsunami Redux fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jul 3, 2018

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
My company, Plated, is looking to hire across the board! We're one of those drat meal-kit companies but we've also started moving into the retail space and are continuing to expand.

Languages: Ruby, Javascript (ES6), Swift, Java/Kotlin
Frameworks: Rails, React, iOS, Android (but really, we're not super picky on previous experiences if you know your stuff)
Description of role: Looking for full-stack engineers as well as native iOS and Android. We're also looking to hire more Engineering Managers to help us continue to grow.
Contact/Link: PM is good, email is good too (bay.phillips@plated.com). Our careers listing page IS up to date: https://www.plated.com/careers

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe
E: position is filled and no other openings are available

Janitor Prime fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Oct 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morgan_
Dec 12, 2004
I'm a full-stack software engineer with roughly 10 years experience. Most of my experience is with .NET, but I've spent a lot of time with other frameworks as well.

Languages: C#, Java, PHP, Javascript, HTML, CSS
Frameworks/Tech/Libraries: .NET, Laravel, React, React Native, jQuery, Angular, Bootstrap, Node, handlebars, MySQL, MSSQL, Xamarin, Spring MVC, Android, and more...
Things you like to do: Web applications, Websites, and anything game related.
Availability: Full-time, Freelance

• Locked thread