Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
In lighter news, Dee Gordon went full anti-traditionalist and went sleeveless, untucked and wore his cap backwards the whole game.

https://mobile.twitter.com/flippingbats/status/1013247956424822785?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

I think I've come up with the compromise solution to the DH everyone can agree with. Make the DH universal, but one at bat a game the starting pitcher has to hit, and one inning a game the DH has to pitch

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Can the starting pitcher come out to hit after he’s already been pulled?

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

seiferguy posted:

In lighter news, Dee Gordon went full anti-traditionalist and went sleeveless, untucked and wore his cap backwards the whole game.

https://mobile.twitter.com/flippingbats/status/1013247956424822785?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

This is literally the most amazing thing and I can't believe he's getting away with it

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
It’s turn ahead the clock night so who can say what sort of norms or traditions still even exist in 2027. For all we know he’s being extremely accurate for the proposed time period.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Normal baseball uniforms really are the most ridiculous looking goddamn thing.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Normal baseball uniforms really are the most ridiculous looking goddamn thing.

Especially for managers and coaches

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Dee tucked his shirt in for each at bat because the home plate ump ordered him to, but he untucked it as soon as he was back defending. None of the M's pitchers ever tucked it in.

Also, sleeveless Nelson Cruz made he realize how loving tremendous his biceps are.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Do you think Nelson shaves his arm pits as a rule or did he just do it for this game?

This is important.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

seiferguy posted:

I'm probably (most definitely) biased but the "gently caress the DH" gimmick is so loving overdone now.

ban this sick filth

also kratz struck out a dude with a 58mph knuckleball. garbage time is the best.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

seiferguy posted:

gently caress yeah.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Shiroc posted:

Dee tucked his shirt in for each at bat because the home plate ump ordered him to, but he untucked it as soon as he was back defending. None of the M's pitchers ever tucked it in.

Umps made batters tuck them in for the ‘98 game too. Something about giving an unfair advantage if the ball grazed the unis.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Mariners more games over .500 than their run differential. Nice.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

seiferguy posted:

Mariners more games over .500 than their run differential. Nice.

I really need you guys to lose for a bit while we play our apparent mortal enemies: Tampa Bay

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
2018 Tampa Bay Rays: Giant Slayers

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

seiferguy posted:

I'm probably (most definitely) biased but the "gently caress the DH" gimmick is so loving overdone now.

It's the vinceflex of baseball threads

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

This is it. This is how we fix Baseball.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Shiroc posted:

Also, sleeveless Nelson Cruz made he realize how loving tremendous his biceps are.

IcePhoenix posted:

It's the vinceflex of baseball threads

Nelsonflex

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

That tilted compass Ms logo looks most unfortunate.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

https://twitter.com/mrfixit42/status/1013388534743425024

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Shiroc posted:

good gravy, imagine if this happened in st. louis

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Umps made batters tuck them in for the ‘98 game too. Something about giving an unfair advantage if the ball grazed the unis.

That actually makes sense and is a good reason to tuck in the uniform when at bat.

Otherwise, why would I really care if it's tucked in?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Yeah, as I recall, the rule about tucking in the jerseys is because otherwise there would be a ridiculously huge number of phantom HBPs (as well as a flailing jersey potentially obstructing catcher / umpire vision).

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

R.D. Mangles posted:

good gravy, imagine if this happened in st. louis

Imagine no further

https://mobile.twitter.com/MissSassyIA/status/1013254839814508544

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Happy Bobby Bonilla Day everyone! Another 18ish or so years!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Oh my god :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh man I forgot that it was July already sorry, new thread up in a little bit.

e: it is here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3861915

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 1, 2018

• Locked thread