Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluffieDuckie

Luvcow posted:

i would like to know more about these 22 dogs, were they all together in a group? in two groups of 11 like a soccer team, or two dog soccer teams playing dog soccer?

groups of dogs:

2 dalmations on leashes with their parents
a group of 3 mutt dogs walking with 2 ladies - 2 on leashes and a tiny 5 pound dog wearing a tshirt running as fast as it could to keep up with them
2 goldendoodles with their 2 soccer moms
3 dogs of mixed breeds in the middle of a gaggle of 10 laughing women so i didn't get a good look at them

single dogs:

3 black labs (2 on leashes, one not on a leash. i gave the dad with the non leashed dog one of those looks but he didn't notice)
3 golden retrievers
a shih tzu wearing a warriors jersey
a black mutt doggie who was pooping while his dad looked around embarrassed with a poop bag in his hand
what was probably an Irish Setter mix standing on his tippy toes to pee as high as he could on a tree
a bigger mutt kind of dog, maybe some pit in him, jogging fast uphill with his dad
a fluffy neighborhood dog we call "boots" because when we see him walking in the winter he wears boots
the goldendoodle puppy who lives across the street

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FluffieDuckie posted:

groups of dogs:

2 dalmations on leashes with their parents
a group of 3 mutt dogs walking with 2 ladies - 2 on leashes and a tiny 5 pound dog wearing a tshirt running as fast as it could to keep up with them
2 goldendoodles with their 2 soccer moms
3 dogs of mixed breeds in the middle of a gaggle of 10 laughing women so i didn't get a good look at them

single dogs:

3 black labs (2 on leashes, one not on a leash. i gave the dad with the non leashed dog one of those looks but he didn't notice)
3 golden retrievers
a shih tzu wearing a warriors jersey
a black mutt doggie who was pooping while his dad looked around embarrassed with a poop bag in his hand
what was probably an Irish Setter mix standing on his tippy toes to pee as high as he could on a tree
a bigger mutt kind of dog, maybe some pit in him, jogging fast uphill with his dad
a fluffy neighborhood dog we call "boots" because when we see him walking in the winter he wears boots
the goldendoodle puppy who lives across the street

holy crap you have an incredible memory!

:)

FluffieDuckie

Luvcow posted:

holy crap you have an incredible memory!

:)

Only when it comes to dogs

Manifisto

so the safari has taken us to the saratoga springs area

scenic lake george

some cool images from a garden/farm tour event held yesterday - there were ten different locations, many of them private homes, where people had done amazing things with landscaping/gardening, the pix don't really do it justice

and a good dogge named abby from the b&b:

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

so the safari has taken us to the saratoga springs area

scenic lake george

drat nice pics, +1 extra point for the sausage shaped dog.

MockingQuantum

I can't safari far right now given that I'm puppysitting, but I did manage to snap a pic of a vicious beast mid-roar that I thought youse all would appreciate

thank you luvcow for the sig

FluffieDuckie

Terrifying

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

MockingQuantum posted:

I can't safari far right now given that I'm puppysitting, but I did manage to snap a pic of a vicious beast mid-roar that I thought youse all would appreciate

puppies are actually +2 points!

MockingQuantum

Luvcow posted:

puppies are actually +2 points!

oh dang, I got about a billion puppy pics (puppics) but I didn't wanna spam the thread since they don't seem very naturey, also 99% are of them sleeping

thank you luvcow for the sig

Manifisto

guys guys I SAW ALL THE BIRBS

there is a large indoor aviary in south ontario with heaps and heaps of free-flying birbs to interact with. they have a spectacular large aviary room, also a smaller room for tiny birds (like finches) and various other display rooms and areas. also a decent sampling of smaller non-bird animals like turtles, bats, lizards, tarantulas, and whatnot. it's pretty neat if you like that sort of thing, which I DO.

unfortunately I had only my sucky camera phone and the lighting conditions were quite challenging, so not many of my photos turned out at all. but in true safari spirit here are a few of the birbs I met.

victoria crowned pigeons

scarlet ibis

turaco, possibly a guinea turaco

pied imperial pigeons (fatbirbs)

silvery-cheeked hornbills (check out the schnoz on that dude!)

there is a special area with dozens of rainbow lorikeets, you can feed them and they will perch all over you to get the food (!!!)

especially fun for me was getting to chill with some of the parrots.

jade the blue-fronted amazon in particular was a sweetie, very chatty.

scarlet macaw, showing off

blue and gold macaws plus a cockatoo with nice fluffy muttonchops

. . . there were many many more birds, my pics don't do it justice.

also there was some kind of waterfall nearby, worth a look imo

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
that sounds awesome, i love them birds i hope you were dressed in all khaki like steve irwin, that said i hope you didn't do steve's awkward fondling and such to the birds.

i have a bird feeder but it's expensive, only the best for my local birds so i buy huge sacks of shelled sunflower seeds.

i want to add additional points for the waterfall but i need some approximate dimensions and daily average flow to know how many points to add

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

i need some approximate dimensions

4 x 5

Luvcow posted:

and daily average flow

around 10 I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krampster2

MockingQuantum posted:

ducks are pretty great pets but be warned that some of them can get pretty aggressive/defensive, which can sometimes be a good thing

my mother-in-law is a veterinarian and her clinic used to be the animal control drop-off site for a big chunk of my city, so she'd mostly get dogs and cats, but will occasionally get weirder animals. Chickens in particular weren't super uncommon, and she wanted chickens at her house, so one year she got three chickens over the course of the summer. well near the end of the summer another chicken showed up... with a duck. the animal control officer said as he was trying to catch the chicken, the duck just emerged from a nearby bush and started yelling at him. So he took one of the animal crates he keeps in the truck, put it on the ground, put some food in it, and opened the door. In trotted the duck, with the chicken following her.

So my mother in law figured, hey, well, I guess they're friends, and took both home. The duck's name is phoebe and she is very much the guard-duck for the chickens, she won't let anybody but my m-i-l near them. She's pretty sure phoebe has scared off at least a couple of foxes, too.

for the record, the chickens are all named rachel. the first one was named rachel, the second one was named monica, but they're super hard to tell apart because they're both buff colored so eventually my m-i-l claimed defeat and just called both of them rachel. when she got the other two they were given the name of rachel as well, as is tradition

• Locked thread