Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eric Danger
Jan 15, 2017

Evangelist of Atheism
I heard Eric Clapton's "Layla" on the radio one day and thought "I want to produce my own version of this." So I did. It has a Trance-style four-to-the-floor beat along with plenty of detuned synths, but keeping a bit of that acoustic rock. I had fun making it, and I hope you enjoy listening to it.

https://soundcloud.com/eric-hagan-156636654/layla-1

[edit]I forgot to mention, for the other producers or anyone who cares, what I used to make this. Serum, of course. But the acoustic guitar was Massive, not a usual go-to for that kind of sound. Kick 2 and Addictive Drums 2.[/edit]

You should turn signatures off in your forum options so you don't have to see this poo poo.

Eric Danger fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jun 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

The synth sound for the chorus needs just a teeeny bit more release.

I like the final solo bit, though

• Locked thread