Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I think it'd be fun to do sort of a High-Score Club type thing here, where we could pick an Arcade or Arcade-style game that's score/single-credit-focused like Dig-Dug or Donkey Kong or whatever and then for a week or two weeks we just see how high a score we can set & compete with fellow Imps. There could be badges like the Game Club for setting certain milestones, etc. & the scores would be posted as a photo/screenshot in the thread. I could keep a running leaderboard edited into the OP.

Would anyone be interested in doing that? Figure it's less of a commitment than the fighting game & game club stuff since you can do it around your own schedule and it'd be a cool way to play some arcade games that maybe you wouldn't focus on in that way otherwise. Open 2 any ideas, etc. on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sounds fun and probably gives me an actual chance to try some of the games since theres no way i can possibly do it on og hardware so i wont go poor and insane ordering things every 2 weeks

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah this would be cool, classic arcade games are easy to emulate and crazy fun. Sadly, I don't think one of my favorites, Quantum, would be all that fun without the track ball. But Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong, etc. would all be great.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i got 3,333,360 points in pac man. i forgot to record it and take a screen shot though, just take my word for it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got 300,000,000 points in Galaxian, in case that's one your interested in playing.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
So start it OP. Sounds fun. How will we decide the game. Weekly or?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I got 300,000,000 points in Galaxian, in case that's one your interested in playing.

i got 300,000,001 points

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Take it from me don't let people vote

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Take it from me don't let people vote

This

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Okay rad yeah I'll make the thread, probably start by giving it a week & see if that's enough time. Maybe the top scorer could pick the next game? Reward their gaming expertise

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Hat Thoughts posted:

Okay rad yeah I'll make the thread, probably start by giving it a week & see if that's enough time. Maybe the top scorer could pick the next game? Reward their gaming expertise

That’s a good idea man.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I like this idea but I haven't emulated anything in 10+ years and am functionally retarded when it comes to that, so I might not participate unless ppl tell me exactly waht to download. Either way I support the cause.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I like this idea but I haven't emulated anything in 10+ years and am functionally retarded when it comes to that, so I might not participate unless ppl tell me exactly waht to download. Either way I support the cause.

I like MAME stuff so I can set up a package or easy way to get files ect if the OP wants or he can do it. Maybe we could play Xbox Live Arcade... lol

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Xbox Ambassador posted:

I like MAME stuff so I can set up a package or easy way to get files ect if the OP wants or he can do it. Maybe we could play Xbox Live Arcade... lol

Yeah that'd be awesome

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im hoping most of the games can be played in a browser lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

make it only tapper and tapper clones op

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I think you still can't post links to rom files, but instructions on how to set stuff up would be fantastic. Getting arcade roms isn't hard.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think you still can't post links to rom files, but instructions on how to set stuff up would be fantastic. Getting arcade roms isn't hard.

Dude... lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sorry man

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

type EMUPARADISE MAME into google. this will take you to the links for MAME and ???

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

type EMUPARADISE MAME into google. this will take you to the links for MAME and ???

lmfao

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Don’t type... this is crucial, please listen.. DO NOT type w W w. fr E e Po Dz . Com to get free pods and sign up for the podz newsletter

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

konami is going to find out that 10 people have now pirated the 1981 arcade release of frogger and are going to shut the imp zone down over this

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Bitch

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

konami is going to find out that 10 people have now pirated the 1981 arcade release of frogger and are going to shut the imp zone down over this

You really think every imp including their alt they use to say EA Games is great in the Games forum is really going to participate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Thread up:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860592

• Locked thread