Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

So Im at the point where I need to think about changing up the team a bit as well as do skill transfer and farm better brands because Im really slowing down in all the areas of progression. I dont bother with pvp so I imagine that would open up my options a little more?

The only demon Im 100% sure I want to keep is
Trumpeter - I was thinking the sick+speed brands and tossing one of bufu/agi/zio into the last skill slot to take advantage of the brands plus cover an attack type Im missing

Im open to swapping out the following ones Im using if there are some good suggestions.
teal Ose - war+aim with Oni-Kagura and Phys Boost?
teal Feng Huang - life+guard with Samrecarm and Zan?
yellow Beelzebub - spell+speed with resist phys and ??? (currently Hama)

I have a few things I imagine I can make use of (red Shiva, red Hell Biker, yellow Amaterasu, purple Fenrir, teal White Rider) and enough mag to make at least one 5*. Any help would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
If you have a lot of spare Mag, you may want to consider fusing Zaou Gongen; he has an incredibly powerful combo with Hell Biker (ZG grants Phys Pierce when in Rebellion status, Hell Biker is the only dude in the game who can cast AE Rebellion). Red Shiva is the perfect teammate to exploit that combo - his only real weakness is that he's easily countered by the large number of endgame dudes with phys resist/null/etc - so the three of them running physical damage plus a fourth slot support demon (Trumpeter or Amaterasu should work) is actually about as good as a phys team gets without the broken gacha pierce guys (Huang Di and Masakado).

That's what I'd work toward, unless you're Mag-broke.

PaleBlueDot
Feb 13, 2012

All the way from
Transylvania
Beat my first kiwami today. Felt like I got a bit lucky with getting a free lydia buff at a good time, but a win is a win :toot:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

are there any non-sketchy emulators I can play this on? 3d games are hell on my phone battery

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

brand engager posted:

are there any non-sketchy emulators I can play this on? 3d games are hell on my phone battery

All Android emulators are sketchy. Nox is probably the least bad.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Frustrating that I have all these triple S demons and can't touch Kiwami.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

If you're just trying to clear one for the training mission, the Cu Chulainn one is fairly cheeseable by any demon with Drain Phys and a non-physical or phys piercing attack, including teal Hecatoncheires if the gacha hasn't been friendly to you. You do still need to be able to clear the adds, but that in itself isn't too challenging.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Of course it would be one I haven't tried. Thanks, hope we all get a Bayonetta in a few days!

It worked, got screwed first two times though with 4 mazandynes in a row. :stare: Got it though, thanks again.

Wilmott Snipes fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 10, 2019

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The Bayonetta patch/event is up. Tons of free stuff, including the 122 summons; it's a good time to pick up the game or reroll, if anybody's been on the fence about playing. No trial Bayo/Jeanne-only banner, which is a bummer for F2P people, but at least the normal event banner (which has a combined 1% chance to give one of the 5* witches) has an overall 3% 5* rate, so you might get a nifty consolation prize even if you strike out.

Also, there's this:

Baku fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Feb 14, 2019

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Also doubleposting, but I was thinking about something earlier; while it's absolutely valid to be worried about power creep or annoyed by how almost all the demons they've added can't be fused, I wonder how many of the F2P or low-budget players complaining about it have actually been pulling instead of investing all their gems in mag.

I've spent like $10 on the game and I have 2/4 gacha-exclusive S-tier demons and a host of other gacha poo poo (Trumpeter, Alice, etc) because I've only bought mag a couple times and mostly spent my gems pulling. The quality of banners has improved since launch, with stuff like the step-ups and two 3% Harlot/Rama/Trump ones, and as the quality of banners and gacha-exclusives improves and people finish fusing their favorite/meta original 5*s, it seems very smart to shift to pulling for those who haven't been. It's a gamble, but you can't win if you don't pull.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

The Bayonetta patch/event is up. Tons of free stuff, including the 122 summons; it's a good time to pick up the game or reroll, if anybody's been on the fence about playing. No trial Bayo/Jeanne-only banner, which is a bummer for F2P people, but at least the normal event banner (which has a combined 1% chance to give one of the 5* witches) has an overall 3% 5* rate, so you might get a nifty consolation prize even if you strike out.

Also, there's this:

you can get 4* freebie versions of them so even though this game's gatcha is literally hell, you don't have to try and kill your wallet for Bayonetta or Jeanne.

cdyoung fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 14, 2019

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Pulled a 4* Bayonetta so I'm guessing there's a separate 5* version. I wonder what's different? Anyway, the Bayonetta event is a nice change of pace from the regular events, even if there isn't too much of a difference. Just trying to farm rings now.

PaleBlueDot
Feb 13, 2012

All the way from
Transylvania
The five star versions of the witches have some powerful unique skills that their four star counterparts don't have, also slightly better stats. http://d2-megaten-l.sega.com/en/news/detail/064369.html

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I managed to pull a Purple Bayo in 1k gems on the buy-in banner. But the 4* versions of Bayo and Jeanne are honestly pretty terrible. They try to be hybrid units, with no real Magic to speak of. Not to mention BOTH of them have Berserker as skills to increase their fragility (+10% Damage dealt, but take 20% More).

I do however like 5* Bayo and Jeanne, both of them meaning to piggyback off each other with their unique skills. Bayo’s pretty well setup for Crit teams (but she wants an investment in Mag as well as Str), plus she can up and delete single targets even if her Charm doesn’t proc and Jeanne’s an AoE madhouse (who wants Str with her Mag) and can help keep an enemy team under wraps if she can Bind. Both are gonna want some investment on Ailment chances, on top of wanting themselves Divine sets. All in all, while not game breaking, both can be setup to knock down the competition and can play nice with each other. Plus, both can potentially be run in Charm or Phys Pierce teams. And

Oh and Beloved is kinda whatever, he’s a thing. Might be useful if you don’t have stuff like Mara or Susano-O amongst other things as a counterpart to F2P teams based around Phys damage and his Unique is basically Halloween Pyro Jack and Christmas Jack Frost’s uniques, but for Phys. Not that it’s a bad thing, mind.

Also for people religously running the event with their Bayos and Jeannes, it’s gonna be a good time to level up a few peeps you’ve been neglecting. The last battle on Verse 3 Last Quest on Hell is decent XP, not Hell 7 Leveling good, but if you’re gonna run the event, you can level up a peep or two really quickly since Verse 3 Last Quest is just you punching Jeanne in the face repeatedly and can finish in roughly 10-30 seconds per run for both Halos and XP. The same will likely be true with Verse 6 Last Quest on hell in a week’s time.

Kemix fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 14, 2019

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Wish I woulda read that before 6 starring 4 star Jeanne. :( Pulled absolute poo poo on both the summons and on the banner. At least the event is amazing regarding leveling demons. Much better than lvl 1 hard mode.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I will give 4* Bayo -some- credit though. She has transferable Mortal Jihad on all colors. Aka: a 30% Crit, 145 power Single Target Phys skill that as far as I know, only Yellow Gacha Shiva and Cu Chulainn have as a transferable skill. So if you want it on other demons, that might honestly be 4* Bayo’s best use by far.

Beloved has Bloody Glee, which multiple other demons can have as Gacha skills, I have like four red silkies. And sadly 4* Jeanne has transferable...Hades Blast...yeeesh.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's the fastest way to farm Witch Aether S with what time is left for the Bayonetta event? I really wanna awaken my Jeanne 5*

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Taintrunner posted:

What's the fastest way to farm Witch Aether S with what time is left for the Bayonetta event? I really wanna awaken my Jeanne 5*

Probably the hell versions of Verse 1. Lowest stamina in the event, not sure if they also mix in Witch Aether Ls, so I'd run Eileen for extra drops. Be ready to drop a couple Hell Bulls for what you need.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

DMC coming, hope they are better than Bayonetta.

sausage paddy
Feb 25, 2009
I just started playing about a week ago, got teal Amatarasu and yellow Surt as my only 5 stars for now. Any advice for how to kit them out? Thinking of a sick brand set for Ammy so she can play a supporting role with mahamakajamaon, any 6th skill I should be working towards? I also fused a teal Ose and gave him savage glee for +25% crit chance, leaving me one skill slot for either heat wave or oni kagura, but I'm critting pretty regularly with hades blast and I'm not sure if focused damage or more consistent bonus turns would be better going forward.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Stop now while you're still ahead

WrongThreadFred
Dec 19, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
E: nm, wrong thread

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
post username combo, etc.

rip game. not enough titties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Bogart posted:

post username combo, etc.

rip game. not enough titties

what did you not get a tiamat yet?

also while this thread is bumped, there's a ghost in the shell crossover going, and an annual prizes event, so get in and get free poo poo