Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Our bodies crave sugars and fats. Our prehistoric bodies crave the things that were rare during the dark ages. It’s a Struggle to tell my mind “you don’t need this chocolate cake.” That I don’t need the lunch that I eat out of habit. It’s honestly a struggle.

I see that as we get older we get fat. Why? Because we think at 30 we can eat what we did at 20 and at 40 we think we can eat what we did at 20 and at 50 we think we can eat what we did at 20. We can’t. We really have to half or quarter the food we eat. We can’t eat what we ate in our 20s and 30s when we are 50 or 60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

https://imgur.com/a/z8hu9jB

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Hit 100 pounds lost from my all-time high. I now weigh about the same as I did in my late 20s, and I'm lifting a lot heavier than I ever did back then. Of those 100 pounds, I managed to lose 20 over a year and a half. Then I managed to get on Wegovy and lost the other 80 pounds in a single year. Since I'm pretty close to where I want to be now, I'm working on trying to keep my weight around the same while losing body fat and building muscle. (So basically doing bulk and cut cycles.)

Once I get my body fat percentage where I want it to be, I'll need to work on maintaining that weight and body fat percentage level for at least six months before I can see about paying a surgeon the equivalent of a house down payment to get rid of all the excess skin that is hanging around my mid-section how. (I don't know if I'll actually end up going that far, but once I've hit six months stable at the place I want to be I'll be able to tell how much by body has "bounced back" from over a decade of being severely obese. Hopefully at least some of this mess I've got now will have adjusted.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Looked up post-weight-loss skin-removal surgery and we can get it for free for the lower abdomen - so I guess tummy flap - but everything else one has to pay for. But BMI has to be under 30 which is, well, kinda stupid?

e: Welp, according to my scales I've reached my doctor-approved twelve-month weight-loss goal of 26 kg... seven months ahead of schedule.

ee: I don't mean I now weigh 26 kg. I mean I've dropped 26 kg.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 3, 2024

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I know this thread is deader than an obese guy, but I just hit 50 pounds lost and feel pretty good about it

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

ikanreed posted:

I know this thread is deader than an obese guy, but I just hit 50 pounds lost and feel pretty good about it

Great job!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

ikanreed posted:

:hellyeah:

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Feeling so light compared to how you were used to feeling, and also being able to benchpress your own body weight with ease feels awesome.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

ikanreed posted:

let's loving go

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

ikanreed posted:

That's great! That's my long term goal. It feels like a long way to go but I know I can do it within a year if I keep consistent.

I'm trying low carb again but I'm really going to try to eat more veggies with it this time. Usually I eat too much fatty meat and cheese or whatever when I'm on it but if you really do low carb right it's mostly lean meat and veg. Gonna have a goal of at least 1 good size serving of low carb veggies every day for now. I've been doing good with it for the last few days so I hope I can keep it up.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
My weight has been up and down so much I'm not even sure what baseline to count where I'm losing from.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

My weight has been up and down so much I'm not even sure what baseline to count where I'm losing from.

The highest.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The highest.

I'm down 28 pounds! For the eleventh time!

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i've been slacking and it's contributing to me feeling like poo poo so i decided to fix it today

made some chicken and rice today for lunch/dinner as well as overnight oats with banana, peanut butter, and cinnamon for breakfast tomorrow. lifting tomorrow also. let's fuckin go

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wore a shirt tucked in for the first time since IDK 2015 or something. I mean I still got a huge gut but it's not comical.

E: ah that wall is all mirror. Let's say it's not shocking.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 28, 2024

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Wore a shirt tucked in for the first time since IDK 2015 or something. I mean I still got a huge gut but it's not comical.

E: ah that wall is all mirror. Let's say it's not shocking.

That's good. You're doing good.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Don't wear tucked in shirts though. You aren't Richard Karn.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Toxic Mental posted:

Don't wear tucked in shirts though. You aren't Richard Karn.

I'm old tho. Not human.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Down 32 kg according to the scales. Ran for the first time in IDK five years? And didn't feel like I was dying.

(I mean it was like 50 m, to catch a bus, but still.)

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Down 32 kg according to the scales. Ran for the first time in IDK five years? And didn't feel like I was dying.

(I mean it was like 50 m, to catch a bus, but still.)

Awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Thanks it's p cool. Except my trousers keep wanting to drop.