Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Terry facetimed Danny while he was making the pick and got the scoop lmao

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamMKaufman/status/1009992083988500480/video/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

We all Could have made that pick

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

We all Could have made that pick

Yea I'm not congratulating Danny on a master tier move or anything he just got very lucky that a long armed defensive center fell to 27

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Between Ingles crowder and Allen if he's any good the jazz will have one of the most irritating teams in basketball

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

Yea I'm not congratulating Danny on a master tier move or anything he just got very lucky that a long armed defensive center fell to 27

I hate you so much

(I actually think you are cool)

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

woke up feeling so happy that the Wolves didn't draft another center. Great night for us though, we got exactly what we needed in two guys who can probably do alright in supporting roles.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

I hate you so much

(I actually think you are cool)

No you're cool

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/matt_mullin/status/1010183552284155905

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

yeah like south dakota

Having said that, Newman was definitely not the Jayhawk who I thought would go undrafted, kinda surprised teams wrote him off.

He has no length for a shooting guard. I like him a lot but if you're going to be 6-3 with a small wingspan you better have point guard skills.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I spent an hour and a half grading and writing up the draft, but realized that it was all platitudes and generalities. We know that all but a few picks are contingent on skill development and team context. We know that shooting and length are generic good medicine. We know that athleticism makes things easier but doesn't solve all problems. We know which teams are known for drafting well and which arent.

I'm just excited for summer league, so we can see some of these men ball. I want to take a ball vacation until then

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

I spent an hour and a half grading and writing up the draft, but realized that it was all platitudes and generalities. We know that all but a few picks are contingent on skill development and team context. We know that shooting and length are generic good medicine. We know that athleticism makes things easier but doesn't solve all problems. We know which teams are known for drafting well and which arent.

I'm just excited for summer league, so we can see some of these men ball. I want to take a ball vacation until then

I wanna read it anyways

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Cool Buff Man posted:

I wanna read it anyways

same but only if he make joke

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Summer League basically being immediately after the draft is one of the best things the NBA does, it’s a great comedown from the regular season

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Everyone is giving Utah a B for their indefensibly dumb pick out of respect for their player development and it's some cowardly horseshit

MourningView fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 23, 2018

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

Everyone is giving Utah a B for their indefensibly dumb pick out if respect for their player development and it's some cowardly horseshit

I think I gave them a c+ for technically meeting a need in shooting , and not taking some of the higher upside/less Grayson Allen players.

Cool Buff Man posted:

I wanna read it anyways

Maybe I'll do it over with the powerful effect of hindsight on my side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I can’t help but think that Alkins at least gets drafted if Arizona’s tournament goes a little differently.

Trier apparently had a few two-ways to choose from due to having some nice workouts, but him not getting drafted was less of a surprise.

• Locked thread