Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CDHiggs
Dec 16, 2016

That night in Point Pleasant. Those red eyes Richard Gere would never forget.
I had heard so much about the vaunted Flamelurker, boss of Stonefang Tunnel 2-2 in Demons Souls on PS3, and was starting to feel intimidated on a level I had not felt since Ornstein and Smough, or Orphan of Kos...or fuckface Laurence. For those not in the know, Flamelurker has been consistently ranked one of the toughest bosses in the Soulsborne series, and is inarguably one of the toughest fights in the game, alongside Maneater, Penetrator and Old King Allant...or so I'm told.

So what happened?

Well, I still can't figure it out. I went in there with at least 32k souls on me, which was dumb--and a sin that these games rarely forgive, and only had a Bastard Sword +5 with one application of Sticky White Stuff. And I really wasn't doing much damage to him, because I could only get in one swipe at a time. The fight took somewhere around 10 minutes, and I was really just doing laps around one of the alcoves--the one with the skeletal remains that acts like a barrier.

Now, let me be clear. This wasn't cheesing. He never got stuck. No, he moved with ridiculous speed and spammed the gently caress out of his nuclear lava explosion attack. Also, at one point he pinned me against a wall and I somehow wound up inside of him, freeing myself with two giant swipes of my sword. If he had used his spam attack there, I would have been a dead man, no doubt about it.

But, to the victor go the spoils. And so it's me here today--not him.

And now, to deal with all of these women that have heard of my glory. Looks like I might have to muster up a few more applications of Sticky White Stuff, if you get my drift. Ha ha ha!

"RAAAAAAAWWWWRRRRRRRR!"

CDHiggs fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I died to Prowling Magus and my family disowned me.

CDHiggs
Dec 16, 2016

That night in Point Pleasant. Those red eyes Richard Gere would never forget.

Internet Kraken posted:

I died to Prowling Magus and my family disowned me.

I died to Pinwheel once, but never told anyone...until now.

• Locked thread