Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I think I was following the myth right, just my mojo wasn't strong enough.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

lol

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

P-Mack posted:

yeah you can follow the myth perfect but it will still fail sometimes. sometimes doing what your character is best at works better than what the myth says happens

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

P-Mack posted:

You don’t have to follow them exactly. Usually there are choices that are flat wrong and should be avoided, but within the set of plausible answers you are sometimes better off choosing the option that fits the quester’s stats better than the one that adheres closest to the myth (although the ‘right’ answers get a bonus, I think).
The best example is Orlanth and Aroka, if your dude is extremely good at combat you can just kill daga at the first encounter, get rid of the drought, succeed and skip the entire myth.

andrew smash fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jul 17, 2018

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Damnit Vordressa I'm doing the best I can here

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

loving ducks just hosed me for wergild.

How do I increase population I need more farmers

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Isn't there a + button on the clan screen where you can recruit civilians the same way you recruit weaponthanes? I forget

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

goferchan posted:

Isn't there a + button on the clan screen where you can recruit civilians the same way you recruit weaponthanes? I forget

You are correct, thank you!

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
how is everyone setting their clan up, loremasters??

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

By being incredibly bad at hero questing, mostly. The Isoltings made fun of us with a poem, but we counter-poemed and now they are known as the Sister Dog clan. (It even shows up in the tooltip)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/907qnp/ama_by_developerdesignerproducer_of_six_ages_and/

cool AMA with the dev right now

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
So Snakepipe Hollow exists to be an easy way to kill undesirable nobles, right?

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
I only just figured out you could restore previous years. I've had three games where my heroic/renowned across several stats chief bit the dust on a bad roll to find this out now l o l.

Edit: also in my last two games I've rolled opening nobles with not a single Orlanth worshiper for an Orlanth clan under 60. Motherfuckers...

Neurosis fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jul 22, 2018

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dishonorable gamer

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Never reload even when you do something stupid like send yet another dude to be eaten by the same trolls.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Too many kings and queens dead to Orlanth suddenly hulking out or wildlife nibbling or stomping the quester to death in cowlarp for me to feel shame

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Neurosis posted:

I only just figured out you could restore previous years. I've had three games where my heroic/renowned across several stats chief bit the dust on a bad roll to find this out now l o l.

Edit: also in my last two games I've rolled opening nobles with not a single Orlanth worshiper for an Orlanth clan under 60. Motherfuckers...

You ought to be outlawed.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

This game is on sale for $6 on GOG, so i grabbed it. I've never played it before and I'm not gonna look anything up but I have accumulated some idea of what to do over the years. I will be kind to the ducks

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Frog Act posted:

This game is on sale for $6 on GOG, so i grabbed it. I've never played it before and I'm not gonna look anything up but I have accumulated some idea of what to do over the years. I will be kind to the ducks

Have fun, post your adventures. I really like reading people's KODP stories

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

It is the year 1334 and my peaceful clan is prosperous. We have lots of barley and instead of raiding we just sell surplus horses to the ducks every year, and our warriors are satisfied with fighting off dinosaurs. Our giant dragon-kin skull mounted to curry the favor of Maran Gor has made us popular among the other clans.

this game owns a lot, but I do have a specific question, is there anywhere I can see how many horses I have so I can know my weaponthanes will be able to be mounted when I need them?

also I've been not raiding during fire season largely because I like to think we are a peacable clan, but I can see us stealing some cows or raiding our hated nemesis, but I'm concerned about leaving the Tula unguarded, should I wait until I can build some defenses

ed: my warriors were upset I didn't raid for three years, but its cool, I wrote them a poem and they're stoked now.

Frog Act fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jul 27, 2018

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Horses are shown on the farming screen.

Finished my first game. Lost because I thought it had been only 9 years since getting the ring and not 10 so I didn't do the last quest in time.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

thanks!

i don't think my clan is going to make it. It's 1336 and while things are technically going okay we're out of land (can't expand anymore for awhile because of a talking Fox anyway) and our production is slowly decreasing. We sent our most experienced member of the ring on a heroquest but he failed to achieve his goals and just wandered around the wilderness for awhile, wasting resources. On top of that we've neglected the gods and lost their blessings of war repeatedly, until we reorganized to peace, then we lost some crop blessings and we're bleeding cows. The future looks kinda dire atm.

I'm hoping once the current members of the ring die things will improve, because the clan needs to persist, idk if the game actually goes this long but there was an important prophecy that said some kids with special names will be born in 246 years that will bring the clan glory

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I finally completed the Forming of the Storm Tribe quest when I sent my grizzled old Orlanth clan head instead of the young orlanth rando :toot: I don't know if I'm doing well or not at this point. It seems like I lose a few people every year

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I don’t know if I can get into this game cause everything and everyone has a stupid rear end name. I got a little nervous when they said I had to worship someone called Orlanth but all my advisors are named like, Gorunt Lorgogfl.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I decided to listen to my trickster after he beat a troll in an eating contest and sacrificed a fox to the trickster god, and well, that was a bad idea.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i feel like my ring is never complete without a trickster, but also that his advice is nearly always bad

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

net cafe scandal posted:

I don’t know if I can get into this game cause everything and everyone has a stupid rear end name. I got a little nervous when they said I had to worship someone called Orlanth but all my advisors are named like, Gorunt Lorgogfl.

The names are chill. At least in kodp.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

KoDP is 60% off ($4.79) on GoG right now https://www.gog.com/game/king_of_dragon_pass

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Don't know how I'm just getting around to this game now, I can't even remember how it ended up in my steam library.

What are the specific differences between normal, intermediate, and hard difficulty? It seems like some events only spawn on hard difficulty but I've also read that it just hits your starting resources.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I don't recall exactly what changes but I don't think playing normal mode locks you out of any events and it's certainly the best place to start. You may be confused with the short/long game option-- definitely do long game because otherwise the game ends like 2/3rds of the way through

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Did y'all see this?

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/08/02/how-six-ages-and-king-of-dragon-pass-explore-the-politics-of-myth/

And yeah I meant "hard". It feels really different from the normal game. There seems to be a lower limit on trading partners, etc . Could be my imagination though.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

What does it take to form a tribe in KoDP? I completed the Forming of the Storm Tribe quest and got the blessing and have tons of allies and win lots of battles. What am I missing?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

definitely not

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Finally formed a tribe. Now I'm going to start a long game and do it for real since I think I've figured out how to play this

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

drat. RIP to the real King of Dragon Pass.

https://www.chaosium.com/blogvale-greg-stafford-1948-2018/

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
rip

its cool that ppl like glorantha which is very weird

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU