Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

Pretending im playing house of the dead by holding the lightgun and making gun noises and hoping nobody notices the flashimg INSERT COIN

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

giving ten dollars worth of quarters out to other kids because you just want to make friends

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

ol yeller posted:

getting my hand stuck in the skee ball chute so i just scream until a teenager high on whippets comes to pull me out

ol yeller posted:

searching through the ballpit for tokens until i accidently grab an old bandaid

Lmao

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I'm sorry I gave your money away, dad :smith:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

that kid grew up to be the Eat Weird Mixtures of Unwanted Food at lunch just so he could get something to eat

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

my best friend growing up was poor, so my mom gave him 20 bucks for a class trip to NYC. my family wasn't rich either so that wasn't exactly an insignificant amount of money to give a kid that wasn't yours. so of course the second our bus stops in the Big Apple he spends the entire 20 on fake Oakley's being sold by a Dominican man holding a trash bag full of them.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Playing the Simpsons game and waiting as long as the game allows to walk right onto the next screen after beating all the enemies just to savor the experience

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

This thread is unearthing my PTSD... gently caress you BBG!!!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i remember going to the arcade with my parents one time, and there was this brand new holographic machine that cost like 4 dollars to play (which is even more since arcade prices hadn't ballooned yet). my parents had given me five bucks in quarters for the night, but i had these amazing fantasies of super realistic VR gameplay. i load in 16 quarters and it was easily one of the most disappointing moments of my young life. some gangly nerd in dockers, barely visible on the "hologram" slowly walking from one side of the playing field to the other, with incomprehensible dragon-lair style gameplay.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

sector_corrector posted:

i remember going to the arcade with my parents one time, and there was this brand new holographic machine that cost like 4 dollars to play (which is even more since arcade prices hadn't ballooned yet). my parents had given me five bucks in quarters for the night, but i had these amazing fantasies of super realistic VR gameplay. i load in 16 quarters and it was easily one of the most disappointing moments of my young life. some gangly nerd in dockers, barely visible on the "hologram" slowly walking from one side of the playing field to the other, with incomprehensible dragon-lair style gameplay.

That's Time Traveler! It's terrible!

Also, kinda same but accidentally selecting Demo mode on G-Lock instead of choosing the option that let me control it myself

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

ol yeller posted:

sitting in the car racer chewing on a toothpick, trying to look badass.
better check the clock, mom should be here soo- nope, 2 hours and 15 minutes left.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

my best friend growing up was poor, so my mom gave him 20 bucks for a class trip to NYC. my family wasn't rich either so that wasn't exactly an insignificant amount of money to give a kid that wasn't yours. so of course the second our bus stops in the Big Apple he spends the entire 20 on fake Oakley's being sold by a Dominican man holding a trash bag full of them.

Lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol of loving course

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Saved up all the money I made at a summer job and slowly beat Gauntlet Dark Legacy over three months.

Playing extremely carefully so a dollar can get me past that piece of poo poo genie.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Playing the old games nobody wants to play instead of the new hotness like MK2 because they only cost 1 quarter

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Saved up all the money I made at a summer job and slowly beat Gauntlet Dark Legacy over three months.

Playing extremely carefully so a dollar can get me past that piece of poo poo genie.

Pojo

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

kik

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

getting told not to play the violent games and being at the age where you're still obedient and missing out on carnevil forever because the arcade closed

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Asking your Grandmother to take you to get some ice cream but you really want to play Tron Arcade instead and are gonna ask her for quarters knowing she wont tell you no because Grandmas rule.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Challenging the DDR champ to a real dance-off

pretending the floor is another dance pad when they say no

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Asking mommy prematurelybto wipe my rear end because im about to beat theclevel and will have to poo poo before that happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daddy anime
May 20, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
placing all my coinage on the line in an all or nothing bet against an asian high schooler on DDR and getting my rear end whooped in front of a crowd of 4

• Locked thread