Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
https://youtu.be/IcUBI-YVRY8

I did not know this was coming out today. I would have made a proper OP if I did.

Talk about reliving your favorite moments from this classic hit-and-run break everything Guerilla warfare game, or ask about it if it’s your first time. It’s pretty difficult at the beginning.

It still rules. I was gonna be done buying games this week but I had to drop the thirty bucks on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Oh, what? I knew they had pegged July as the release date but I didn't think they'd do it at the very start of the month.

Looks like if you already have Red Faction: Guerrilla on Steam they've added the Re-Marstered edition to your library. And if you didn't, it's 50% off until July 10th.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Ramping a car into the side of a building, climbing out, throwing all your remote charges at random, sledgehammering your way through the nearest wall and blowing up the charges and watching the building come crashing down was endlessly satisfying.

I hope this is an interest check for a new game. It doesn't even have to look that great, just use all the extra processing power for sweet destruction physics.

Also, a tip for anyone playing for the first time: play on easy, the guards just get in the way and on easy you can basically ignore them or just sledgehammer them.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Oh, what? I knew they had pegged July as the release date but I didn't think they'd do it at the very start of the month.

Looks like if you already have Red Faction: Guerrilla on Steam they've added the Re-Marstered edition to your library. And if you didn't, it's 50% off until July 10th.

I knew it was a general thing but had no idea it was this soon. I haven’t gotten to play yet because I’ve been watching Independence Day for the holiday but I plan on figuring out how to do PlayStation share for some clips.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Spalec posted:

Ramping a car into the side of a building, climbing out, throwing all your remote charges at random, sledgehammering your way through the nearest wall and blowing up the charges and watching the building come crashing down was endlessly satisfying.

I hope this is an interest check for a new game. It doesn't even have to look that great, just use all the extra processing power for sweet destruction physics.

Also, a tip for anyone playing for the first time: play on easy, the guards just get in the way and on easy you can basically ignore them or just sledgehammer them.

And yeah, crash, explode, then smash is the most fun way to do things. Best way to watch the physics work.

Unless you have a walker or a MOAB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
RF:G is the game that taught me that if some crazy rear end in a top hat wants to ram a garbage truck through your house, there isn't a drat thing you can do about it.

It's a good lesson, imo.

• Locked thread