Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
tavares is tough but he needs to start finding a home for something other than a jab. body shots would be working but he seems determined to not do that so maybe a lead uppercut?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
ugh tavares smeared his eye RIGHT into the canvas

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Did he just flip off Tavares or the crowd?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

that was really impressive by adesanya

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Grem posted:

Did he just flip off Tavares or the crowd?

Tavares, It looked like Brad wiped his bloody snot with his hand and then kinda flicked at Israel, hence him flipping him off

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Watching Adesanya strike was a treat after two back to back terrible fights featuring the striking of random TUF guys.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Yeah first good Adesanya fight in the UFC. He should probably stop talking so much.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
dammit seems like I barely missed the one I cared about. izzy looked good even tho it was a decision? How'd he look against Tavares wrestling?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Gay Horney posted:

dammit seems like I barely missed the one I cared about. izzy looked good even tho it was a decision? How'd he look against Tavares wrestling?

He looked like he was in trouble at one point, but threw up a kimura and not only got out of the bad position, but ended up on top.

His overall standing wrestling hovered between functional and good. Later on, Tavares was so loving tired that I don't think it would have mattered.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Marching Powder posted:

tavares is going to gently caress up adesanya too

Have you considered ever being right about anything? It's fun I promise.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Have you considered ever being right about anything? It's fun I promise.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Nice

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

You just post a slip from five years ago my dude?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Gay Horney posted:

You just post a slip from five years ago my dude?

it's the most right i've ever been, and picking every single fight correctly on a card in a parlay might be interesting to people who weren't around when i did that, but you see, i don't really consider making a wrong call a huge self-own or whatever so i'm not actually using it to buy me some time while i construct a passionate defence of my mma knowledge or whatever lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i like to think there's people posting here who genuinely sweat pushing 'post' on a fight prediction when you've had a few beers and are having a good time watching fights. chill out guys, only a few people really care if you're wrong or right, and they're obviously the really cool and good posters who everyone wants to impress with good fight guessing but we accept all types round these parts

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just saw Izzy when I got off the elevator. Man it always shocks me how much bigger they are when you see them up close.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
stupid bitch fight watcher absolutely DESTROYED by facts and logic in EPIC TWEETSTORM

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Digital Jedi posted:

Just saw Izzy when I got off the elevator. Man it always shocks me how much bigger they are when you see them up close.

There is a gap between seeing them next to other professional athletes and then next to normal human beings. I met Soa Paleilei a couple of years ago. I'm kind of a big guy, but Soa was 1.5 mes across the shoulders. He's loving huge.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I met Connor McGregor (after his first UFC fight, so he wasn't an rear end too much), whom I outweigh by multiple pounds. He is loving huge compared to me.

e: if I was dating anyone at the time she probably would have left me for him.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Grem posted:

I met Connor McGregor (after his first UFC fight, so he wasn't an rear end too much), whom I outweigh by multiple pounds. He is loving huge compared to me.

e: if I was dating anyone at the time she probably would have left me for him.

I am dating someone and she loving hates Conor McGregor. It's nice when you can share things like that with someone

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
No you’re not lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Dana White rubbed the back of Brad Katona's head and I'm worried he shared some of the gypsy curse afflicting the UFC

• Locked thread