Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Murray Mantoinette posted:

I mean... isnt it?

Pretty sure I wasn't serious and also I said that I'd only do it if she was in my basement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

I mean... isnt it?

I think there's a quintessential cultural disconnect. Proletariat Lowtax, like you and I, thinks a chessboard is a light piece of cardboard with a checker pattern on. Bourgeois Twitter Denizens, who should be eaten, think a chessboard is a fifty-pound slab of marble, obsidian, gold, and glass.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

The White Dragon posted:

I think there's a quintessential cultural disconnect. Proletariat Lowtax, like you and I, thinks a chessboard is a light piece of cardboard with a checker pattern on. Bourgeois Twitter Denizens, who should be eaten, think a chessboard is a fifty-pound slab of marble, obsidian, gold, and glass.
I ain't tossing no slab

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Yeah I know. Didnt they, like, upload your brain pattern when they opened up your skull during spine surgery or something? I figured thats why youve been posting so much lately.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My understanding is the big youtubers make a lot more money off merchandise sales than youtube ad money these days. Even the smaller ones will have some sort of merch line and it's often the first - and last - thing they talk about in their videos. Buying your fav youtuber logo gear is like the new sports team gear.

When Logan Paul got into trouble and it wasn't clear if he'd be able to keep making youtube videos his fallback was merch/fashion, according to him.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

steinrokkan posted:

Youtube has great potential, and there are many genuine creators who use it to great effect, but the self-glorification of vloggers and other assholes, and their attempts to portray themselves as tortured artists being crushed under a corporate boot really annoys me.

Don't you know, youtubbers are the new proletariat. Just without the work or anything.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
My father lost his legs in the Meme Wars so that we could live free on the YouTubes. How dare these entitled whiners make a mockery of his sacrifice.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
The workers have nothing to lose but their coolness and likes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Demon Of The Fall posted:

My kid loves watching the videos of people opening eggs or just playing with toys while they talk about it in a creepy eastern European accent. Can't get enough of that poo poo. I think it's rotting his brain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9EKV2nSU8w&t=67s

Edit: This thread has more than 2 pages...

RabbitWizard fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 18, 2018

• Locked thread