Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat his battle abilities are awesome as well. Now I'm struggling to think how I'm gonna even pick a 4 person Team, especially since I know there's sub jobs to unlock too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Study Foe is drat awesome

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

In Training posted:

drat his battle abilities are awesome as well. Now I'm struggling to think how I'm gonna even pick a 4 person Team, especially since I know there's sub jobs to unlock too.

You're not really supposed to. The game makes you take along a character when you're doing their story so if you want to do all 8 stories that means you've gotta keep swapping people in and out.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Is it worth bothering with the final dungeon thing or are the endings to each characters story fine?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

if you're into the ~lore~ then it's worth checking out, it dumps a bunch of backstory on you that ties everything together. then whether you want to grind up enough to beat the last boss is up to you, you don't really get anything for that.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Got 2 of the advanced jobs today :cheerdoge: Only 1 more left! But its gonma be a doozy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skylark posted:

Got 2 of the advanced jobs today :cheerdoge: Only 1 more left! But its gonma be a doozy.

Nice, I'm almost done with all the chapter 1s. Big fan of inane speech patterns so I can tell I'm gonna like the hunter town

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Wow... Starseer is pwned so I have all the jobs now!! The boss only even hit me once!!! Im so powerful now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

was walking to my first chapter 2 and found out this game has metal slime equivalents...awesome

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lol at all but especially these

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao the last one especially i lost it when i saw it on twitter

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Man I can't wait to get subclasses

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Kevin-Seeking Girl

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

In Training posted:

Man I can't wait to get subclasses

It makes the game s00 much more epic!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skylark posted:

It makes the game s00 much more epic!!

I just found the first shrine, and now I want to immediately find them all before I do any more Chapter 2s

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
They all look the same on the world map (the actual drawing), it's cool

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Yeah I did the same. they’re pretty easy to find but there are a couple you have to dip into extra high level areas to reach

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

once i realized what i was looking for I went around to pick them all up and immediately got a notebook out to start planning jobs.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Im interested to hear about that build + what party members in your A-team 👀

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
My best characters + team I unlocked all the advanced jobs with was:

Ophilia (my main character): Cleric/Dancer -> Starseer
Primrose: Dancer/Scholar -> Sorcerer
H'aanit: Hunter/Warrior -> Warmaster
Tressa: Merchant/Apothecary ->Runelord

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Now Im using dudebro chars in my party just to level them up + make the game a lil harder.. Also tbh most of their out-of-battle skills are better than my main party, I love steal and Im not into capturing monsters with H'aanit. And you have to level them up to make their skills more effective

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Runelord Tressa ftw. Transfer Rune + Sidestep = never take physical damage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skylark posted:

Idk what my A-Team is gonna be yet but so far the locks are

Therion: Thief/Hunter (Main Character), physical powerhouse and getting the Second Chance skill from Hunter + that crazy one that gives a chance of acting again at end of turn, he obliterates single targets.
Ophilia: Cleric/Scholar, OP magic damage output, plus equally awesome heals when needed.

idk what the other two are gonna be yet. I made Alfyn the Warrior subclass and I like him a lotmore when he doesn't have to rely on concoct as much, but he still seems kinda of middle of the road. I wanna make somebody a dancer, and may do Tressa as Merchant/Dancer, just haven't used her yet bc I've only done one chapter with the subclasses so far. Or maybe give Primrose the Apothecary and see how that goes. Theres an overhwhelming amount of options rn

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
My endgame team was exactly the same as Skylark's... Except H'aanit as my main and the lineup went H'aanit Tressa Primrose Ophelia. I played all the chapter 1s, then did all the girls stories and then switched to the B team and did all the boys stories. Endgame spoilers: make sure your B team is kitted out and leveled...

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skylark posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

did the Gamer Notes thread fall into the archives...

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the scholar merchant combo is badass though i did it on tressa not cyrus since her mage robe outfit is cute

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lmao

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Felt so good once I had sp saver + regen on and my sp bar got big enough that i regenerate more SP every turn than i can spend 💯

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hit credits in this somehow but I feel like the adventure is only just beginning. I finished 4 chapter 4s (B squad) and now its into the main event. Alfyn's Story was the lamest I think, I'm most looking forward to seeing Cyrus and Primrose's conclusions.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was legitimately shocked when i bumped into ogen in a town after I finished Alfyn's story and he now has his own substory that's a really great touch

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

there's a bunch of those, make sure you track down the main npcs from everyone's stories after you finish them

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

This game started kind of slow but I'm in chapter two and it's really opening up.

It's cool that there are all these caves that don't really serve any purpose but leveling up and finding treasure.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I just found the job shrines and this is definitely what my brain is doing rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just found my first job shrine for the extra jobs at hour 50 and half the chapter 4s done and now my plans are all screwed up

• Locked thread