Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

In Training posted:

I simply walk to the grocery store and carry the goods home.

high five man, me too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i'll never feel bad for using a bag to carry things. bags ftw

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i'll never feel bad for using a bag to carry things. bags ftw

Bagpilled carrymaxxing. Real grocerycore poo poo.

Apr 22, 2024
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

The Nastier Nate posted:

for decades, not having a car just meant you had to lug bags back and forth on the bus and make several trips just to get a weeks worth of food.

as opposed to just buy 20 bags of groceries and putting them in the back of your giant SUV.

at least now, with stuff like instacart that's kind of changing as the carless can get groceries like a normal human being.

Alright, I'm going bite. Do you not realize that massive supermarkets distantly interspersed in suburbs and the U.S. car culture are intrinsically intertwined? That the entire system around it was engineered over the "decades" you're referring to?

Or is that :thejoke:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I simply evolved beyond the need for food. I sustain myself by Posting, and a crude photosynthesis triggered by the light of my monitor, which is never off.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Postosynthesis.

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

Failed Imagineer posted:

Americans just say stuff like this as if their lovely food-desert exurbs aren't literal hell

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

for decades, not having a car just meant you had to lug bags back and forth on the bus and make several trips just to get a weeks worth of food.

as opposed to just buy 20 bags of groceries and putting them in the back of your giant SUV.

at least now, with stuff like instacart that's kind of changing as the carless can get groceries like a normal human being.

lmfao

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

I have about a dozen sturdy canvas bags for shopping, they work great and announce to the people of the world that I've (proudly) been to trader joes!

It's not all good news though. People sometimes point out that i would need to reuse that canvas bag over 137+ times to recoup the energy and materials needed to manufacture it. That's the plan though, hopefully I have a few hundred trips to the store left in me.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

people around here just walk off with carts to get their groceries home and somebody picks them up, i think? they're usually not on the curb for more than a day or two

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
I just door dash every meal because I support proletariat labor

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

palindrome posted:

I have about a dozen sturdy canvas bags for shopping, they work great and announce to the people of the world that I've (proudly) been to trader joes!
proudly advertising the company leading a Supreme Court case against the existence of the NLRB

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

3D Megadoodoo posted:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I use the cheapest 50 L backpack I could find at big 5

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Eat This Glob posted:

people around here just walk off with carts to get their groceries home and somebody picks them up, i think? they're usually not on the curb for more than a day or two

i think they put gps locators on the things these days

a lot of them have electronic brake things that stop one or more of the wheels if they get too far from the store

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the milk machine posted:

there's a "coöp" around here that claims its carts are geofenced into a painted line around the store

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

the milk machine posted:

a lot of them have electronic brake things that stop one or more of the wheels if they get too far from the store

Sometimes they even fire off when you’re in the middle of the store, full of groceries, pushing them toward the register

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Sometimes they even fire off when you’re in the middle of the store, full of groceries, pushing them toward the register

lmao that owns

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

palindrome posted:

It's not all good news though. People sometimes point out that i would need to reuse that canvas bag over 137+ times to recoup the energy and materials needed to manufacture it. That's the plan though, hopefully I have a few hundred trips to the store left in me.

It's less potential plastic waste getting into waterways though, not just energy and materials

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

So if I own a bag for half a year and a few days, it'll have earned its keep? That's... not a long time.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

EoinCannon posted:

It's less potential plastic waste getting into waterways though, not just energy and materials

I wasn't going to put the disposable plastic bags in the waterways either

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

My garbage goes in a big landfill with my wife

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Orange Devil posted:

Postosynthesis.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

nice SS slippers

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
the scalping economy has come for reservations

https://twitter.com/tanayj/status/1782887840478797908

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU