Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unmature
May 9, 2008

Podcast: the Ride is a weekly show that delves deeper into every theme park attraction than you ever thought possible hosted by these three good boys.

Good jumping on episodes: Any ride you've heard of, really just pick one. Listen to the ones you recognize first and then go through the ones you haven't ridden or sometimes even heard of, because they're still great. Nick Wiger did an entire episode about Disneyland's parking lot.

The hosts:

Scott Gairdner: Creator of the Comedy Central show Moonbeam City and has nothing to do with the production of Cuplicated or Tiny Fuppets, but helped popularize both.

Jason Sheridan: Loves treats. The guy Chris Pratt talks to in that beer commercial.

Mike Carlson: Minnie Mouse's side piece.

If you're in the LA area they're doing a live show next month with Imagineer Tony Baxter!

Unmature fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Aug 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naylenas
Sep 11, 2003

I was out of my head so it was out of my hands

A surprisingly interesting podcast. These earnest dorks are great, and they have good guests. Definitely check out If You Had Wings with Jeff Garlin. The episode about Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls is a banger, if only for their hilarious description of Toon Lagoon.

The most recent episode (Twister...Ride it out) talked more about The Mummy, I think. They didn't mention my favorite part of that ride (the Orlando one, anyway): At some point, Brendan Fraser pops up on a TV screen and yells about not getting his coffee yet. Then a spoooooky skeleton gives him his coffee and he screams.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

holy poo poo

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Hey! This thread is alive!

Speaking of alive, the live episode that went up last week was fantastic. I got to attend the show and it was hilarious and moving, especially after looking at all that Disney memorabilia for a couple hours before. I was brought to tears multiple times hearing the good boys talk to Imagineer Tony Baxter who is also a very important figure to me. Check it out!

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

I enjoyed how obviously flustered they were to be having a conversation with their ultimate childhood hero—a guy who designs theme park rides.

Tony Baxter really was a fantastic guest though.

• Locked thread