Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Loop-de-looping around a sun because your centrifuge isn't powerful enough.

This is a very dumb show.

I love it so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Yeah i enjoy it more than last season. I mean, it's not groundbreaking or something clever. Almost every story has already been done by someone else. BUT they tell those old stories in a - to me - very comepelling way and i like every character from Dutch to Pip. Also: Lucy still best character in the whole show. :c00lbutt:

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

bou posted:

Yeah i enjoy it more than last season. I mean, it's not groundbreaking or something clever. Almost every story has already been done by someone else. BUT they tell those old stories in a - to me - very comepelling way and i like every character from Dutch to Pip. Also: Lucy still best character in the whole show. :c00lbutt:

The best decision the show ever made was changing it so that the characters merely think that they're cool. Dutch's giggle after the salad tossing joke was fantastic.

It wouldn't work if the cast weren't so drat charismatic .

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"That's my guy."

"I'm your guy."

:v:

:rip: Weej and Pip

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

"That's my guy."

"I'm your guy."

:v:

:rip: Weej and Pip

He's totally going to cry isn't he.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I honestly can't recall if this show has always been so drat good with its side characters. But it has been amazing this season and last. I can't think of a whole lot of shows that handle supporting cast this well. Like everyone feels important and when they die it actually feels like a loss of some kind.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just a reminder that the actors who play Zeph and Pip both guest starred last season of The Expanse.

Also sucks for Pip but it was kind of a surprise he was on so long.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Something about Pip's death didn't sit right for me -- I think they're going to resurrect him somehow. My bet is the spider took an image of his brain.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I am so cut up about Weej. Pip and Zeff can sod off and die but drat it I loved Weej.

Also, I feel kind of miffed that someone got such a decent send off when they were a poo poo character. I would have loved that to have been Weejs send off, or Turin's.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

turin is great keep your hands off of him!

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I didn't get that ending. So the green collapsing and all of Westerly losing their memories via the virus created this "alternate reality"?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Combat Pretzel posted:

I didn't get that ending. So the green collapsing and all of Westerly losing their memories via the virus created this "alternate reality"?

I guess so. That finale was pretty meh. I guess with this new alternate reality it gives them an excuse to bring back everyone who died for a happy ending.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I didn't get the sense that it's an alternate reality, just that The Lady has control over memory (assisted in some way by that memory-erasing virus) and has arranged everyone in new roles to her liking. Presumably her goal is to find Jack (maybe for a permanent physical body/restarting her race?), which is why she's tapped D'avin as a killjoy looking for him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of surprised that they're already filming S5, seeing as we got clips from it.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

muscles like this! posted:

Kind of surprised that they're already filming S5, seeing as we got clips from it.

It's the last season so maybe they shot it sooner. The episode titles are out.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Killjoys: Now Someone Likes My Poo Face

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What he hell was that ending? Even after the green died, the lady somehow got out and is now using memory wiped people to work in some factory to do... something?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

ShakeZula posted:

I didn't get the sense that it's an alternate reality, just that The Lady has control over memory (assisted in some way by that memory-erasing virus) and has arranged everyone in new roles to her liking.
That's what I meant by putting it in quotes. I'm not sure why the crew is affected, too, since they didn't seem to show any symptoms. Plus, you'd think transitioning to the green and back would get rid of contaminants of any type.

--edit: vvvv Whoops, forgot about that scene.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 22, 2018

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Cojawfee posted:

What he hell was that ending? Even after the green died, the lady somehow got out and is now using memory wiped people to work in some factory to do... something?

The Lady won in her one-on-one fight with Aneela, and then pretended to be Aneela so that Dutch and the Jacobi's would help her escape. It was her hand that grabs Dutch's at the last second.

I assume she then beat them up in a fight and infected them, just as she's had a lot of Westerly infected. And the factory stuff seems to be a next season thing.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
So, farewell Aneela I guess? Was that a peach in the box? The one that kills you if you eat it at the wrong time?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.thetvjunkies.com/killjoys-sporemageddon/?platform=hootsuite

Interview with the showrunner about the finale.

The lady swapped everyone's memories.
Aneela isn't dead.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
So Johnny is Gared and Dutch is Pree now? Will she be faaaaabulous?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I really dont like HJK's Aneela voice, but all her mannerisms and stuff as her are absolutely fantastic.

As soon as she wakes up you can tell from her breathing that she's been swapped, it's pretty great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm wondering if they'll ever actually give the Lady a body or if they'll just continue to make her the cheapest villain ever because you can just have your regular cast be her.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Well I mean the only thing they've given her that stands out as distinctly hers is.....spiders. And the way she talks about her species it isn't really one of particularly high cognition. So I'm putting non-trivial chance she's a giant spider.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

If the green makes some lovely spider become cranky sentient, what about any other crap that fell into it?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think probably the biggest issue with this season was how a lot of it was just set up for the end. It seemed like not a lot happened because so much of it was devoted to getting everyone back together and on the same page.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Man, I hope the amnesia isn't dragged out next season... It works for an occasional bottle episode or even a soft reboot halfway through a series when they want to shake things up, but a final season? That seems like a really worrying idea to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

I think probably the biggest issue with this season was how a lot of it was just set up for the end. It seemed like not a lot happened because so much of it was devoted to getting everyone back together and on the same page.

I read that seasons four and five were written and filmed together, so it might be better to look at them as being one larger season instead of two separate ones?

• Locked thread