Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Stephanie's BIG announcement?
This poll is closed.
An All Women PPV 7 7.00%
A Women's Tag Championship 5 5.00%
She's going to make Finn Balor bark like a dog 35 35.00%
Vince has finally transplanted his brain into Triple H's body 22 22.00%
She has finally learned to smile like a normal human being (comedy option) 31 31.00%
Total: 100 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Baron Corbin posted:

at least Jerry is legally entitled to first dibs on his child's organs

Not the first time he’s called dibs on a child’s organs.

Allegedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Didn't he give his goggles to a kid at some indie show then take them back after the show ended?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Before I read that birthday tweet and scrolled down to see Scott Steiner's picture I actually said 'Oh gently caress no' out loud

I'm glad it's just his birthday because if anyone is on borrowed time it's Big Poppa Pump

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Baron Corbin posted:

at least Jerry is legally entitled to first dibs on his child's organs

Wow even his organs have to be half his age

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rip nikolai koloff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWqzSLXN7IM

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Jerusalem posted:

I think he had a pretty long-running history with drug abuse beyond painkillers etc, so I think this may be more a case of a guy who had addiction issues (which were probably heightened by his wrestling) and was never quite able to work past them.

Yeah, also if people who suffer from substance abuse have a traumatic brain injury, it can increase their dependence on said substances post-injury.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Jokes aside, suicide sucks if you have suicidal thoughts please call the national suicide prevention hotline 800-273-talk or chat online at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/

Thanks for this.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
rip brian "too cool" sexay.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It'll be a sad day when Terry Funk dies, but almost worth it when 2 weeks later he announces he's wrestling on a card.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Jokes aside, death sucks and if you are very old please have your brain suspended as soon as possible

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Also whoever makes the Raw thread please post the suicide hotline information in the OP because I'm sure most people watching it will need it by the end of the show.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

Also whoever makes the Raw thread please post the suicide hotline information in the OP because I'm sure most people watching it will need it by the end of the show.

Us RAW viewers know full well what we they are likely to endure

no need to mourn; they we’re already dead (inside)

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Codependent Poster posted:

This but with the signup link to the WWE Network.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
hey dudes, just checking in. i barely watch wrestling anymore, and i barely get on something awful these days.

wwe feels like a chore to get through. raw especially. smackdown is the flickering light in all of this, and i’m even getting to the point where i’m kinda hate watching that too.

i feel the same way i did during the invasion: just loving done.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hello. Everyone here loves wwe these days

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DEAR RICHARD posted:

i feel the same way i did during the invasion: just loving done.

Have you checked out NXT? It largely does everything right that the main roster stuff does wrong. It's not perfect, but it's straightforward and basic and best of all it's only an hour a week with a 2.5 hour special show every 2-3 months. Pretty much exactly what I wish WWE's main product was like, essentially.

Edit: There is a ton of great wrestling outside of WWE too, but I figured I'd just mention NXT since this is the WWE thread.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Steiner v Brock at Summerslam in a Steroids on a Pole match. Book it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Steiner should be a commentator

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Jerusalem posted:

Have you checked out NXT? It largely does everything right that the main roster stuff does wrong. It's not perfect, but it's straightforward and basic and best of all it's only an hour a week with a 2.5 hour special show every 2-3 months. Pretty much exactly what I wish WWE's main product was like, essentially.

Edit: There is a ton of great wrestling outside of WWE too, but I figured I'd just mention NXT since this is the WWE thread.

takeovers are honestly keeping me somewhat active in this poo poo. i haven’t missed one yet. apparently there’s some matches i need to watch on the weekly show, namely black vs ciampa.

it’s just embarrassing how much an nxt takeover destroys a wwe ppv.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DEAR RICHARD posted:

it’s just embarrassing how much an nxt takeover destroys a wwe ppv.

Seriously. The last one was really good but the one before it may have been one of the best WWE shows I have EVER seen. The fact they're putting that on at the same time as shows like Backlash and Extreme Rules is incredible tonal whiplash.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
NXT is having probably its best run since the Sami/KO/Horsewomen era. New Japan is on fire. Your mileage may vary on ROH but they're good more often than not. There's a ton of great stuff happening in CMLL, joshi, and the British scene. poo poo, even Impact is putting on good shows. loving Impact.

Wrestling is pretty loving awesome right now, much of it more easily accessible than ever. You don't have to shackle yourself to WWE's miserable circle of self-fulfilling prophecies, expand your horizons and learn to love wrestling again.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Jerusalem posted:

Seriously. The last one was really good but the one before it may have been one of the best WWE shows I have EVER seen. The fact they're putting that on at the same time as shows like Backlash and Extreme Rules is incredible tonal whiplash.

Jerusalem posted:

two five star matches in one show. it was incredible.

what i love most about the takeovers is that you’ll have 5 matches that are all different styles. their storytelling is on point too. so far, ciampa/gargano has been exactly what it needs to be. meanwhile, wwe can’t figure out what to do with miz/daniel bryan.

it’s sad.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Benne posted:

NXT is having probably its best run since the Sami/KO/Horsewomen era. New Japan is on fire. Your mileage may vary on ROH but they're good more often than not. There's a ton of great stuff happening in CMLL, joshi, and the British scene. poo poo, even Impact is putting on good shows. loving Impact.

Wrestling is pretty loving awesome right now, much of it more easily accessible than ever. You don't have to shackle yourself to WWE's miserable circle of self-fulfilling prophecies, expand your horizons and learn to love wrestling again.

Giving up on Raw til after Summerslam caused me to finally watch Okada/Omega 1 and I....I...

I want to know more :stare:

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

It'll be a sad day when Terry Funk dies, but almost worth it when 2 weeks later he announces he's wrestling on a card.
I'd be in for zombie Terry Funk challenging Jake the Snake for the rights to the tontine,

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Giving up on Raw til after Summerslam caused me to finally watch Okada/Omega 1 and I....I...

I want to know more :stare:

Friend. They had three more matches :)

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Before I read that birthday tweet and scrolled down to see Scott Steiner's picture I actually said 'Oh gently caress no' out loud

I'm glad it's just his birthday because if anyone is on borrowed time it's Big Poppa Pump

Swerve: Scott Steiner's birthday falls on this year's Opposite Day, that was his obituary.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Beginning to think prison isn't the ideal way to treat people in major personal distress

https://twitter.com/aaronlikethecar/status/1023630133725421569

https://twitter.com/AKonWrestling/status/1023731932113367040

https://twitter.com/AKonWrestling/status/1023732189824004096

https://twitter.com/AKonWrestling/status/1023732447442337792

https://twitter.com/AKonWrestling/status/1023733006371106818

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Not to mention that a jail sentence in the US is generally the end of any chance at a normal life, now that job opportunities are being ever more heavily gated on your credit score and ability to pass a background check.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Liquid Communism posted:

Not to mention that a jail sentence in the US is generally the end of any chance at a normal life, now that job opportunities are being ever more heavily gated on your credit score and ability to pass a background check.

Like, I understand doing a background check.

But credit check? gently caress outta here, jobs. Ain’t your business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Benne posted:

You forgot NWA with Ten Pounds of Gold champion Aldis. For shame.

Our criminal justice system and society need to be reformed so badly.

• Locked thread