Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

The Savvyhead, Xiph

Cool 0 | Hard -1 | Hot -1 | Sharp +2 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 4+1/5 | Armor: 0 | Barter: 4-3

2d6+2 bonefeel = (1+5)+2 = 8
Bonefeel: at the beginning of the session, roll+weird. On a 7–9, hold 1. At any time, either you or the MC can spend your hold to have you already be there, with the proper tools and knowledge, with or without any clear explanation why.

I mark 1 experience for rolling weird, gaining an improvement. I gain a new savvyhead move and take Spooky Intense.

Some would think we set these events in motion by pulling the fin, but this was going to happen one way or another by my reckoning. All we have really done is work to secure a fighting chance. Tobbs and I have learned much since arriving at Heartdew Hold. Many of the settlements which once peppered the Bronze Alley are gone. I am surprised to find that I worry for Mama Bear, Good Buddy, Coco Twilight, and the like. I have some appreciation of Santa Muerte, but I certainly do not worry for her.

Heartdew Hold mostly stands, though many of my contacts have gone to ground as the area becomes even more unstable. I am left not as well-prepared as I had anticipated. Tobbs advised me that the best way to get a foothold in a new place is to “find the toughest bastards and have a bunch of drinks with them!” The nature of his previous debt seems clear now, but I will admit that the suggestion was rather helpful.

We found a bar called “The Last Ride.” It is set up inside an old submarine. I guessed as much when I saw the entry hatch and confirmed it when I caught a glimpse at the control panels behind the bar. If the patrons or staff are aware, they do not show it. I wonder how many ages ago there was so much water here. The place is run by the aptly named Twelve Foot Twelve, unsuccessful challenger to and former servant of the Duke. He’s put together his own crew and a small fleet, cobbled together from bits and pieces of the Duchy, the Death Race, some of the Queen’s people, and even refugees from Rat’s Gasp and Pauper’s Barrow.

Twelve found this place sticking out of the dirt. He pried the hatch open but when he and his crew investigated, all they found were the ancient dead. They cracked them open, used a quick fermentation technique ("It don't taste good but it gets the job done!"), and started selling the dead as drink. He was not interested in my request to open a tab until I explained that I would pay up front and we would all drink down the balance together. I suppose it should have occurred to me before, but I never really reflected on how macabre it is to drink and eat the marrow when so many are made of only bone. Seeing Twelve and his crew (and Tobbs), all skeletons, happily drinking the fermented marrow I purchased for us was very slightly unsettling. The fermentation process destroys whatever it is that allows my visions, though I must say I have taken a liking to it.

They all wear horned helmets, spiked leather jackets, and tall black boots. I truly cannot image where they found them or what inspired their current affectation. One night Twelve invited Tobbs and I to a private table in the back and told us more about his gang. “Xiph, brother, you’re an alright guy but you could never be one of us. I mean, since you’re a fleshy and all. We’re The Einherjar! The Worthy Dead! Pretty hard to be dead when you’re still walking around with all that skin. One day our Valkyrie will come. She’s gonna be strong as hell and the best fighter you’ve ever seen and she’ll lead us on a Wild Hunt. We’ll Ragnarok and roll brother! We’ll fight until the end of the world and maybe longer! That's why we're taking it easy right now... Don't want to go picking a fight and dying before She shows up, you know? Hey by the way man, no refunds on your tab, right? And if we all die nobody will be here to serve you so best to drink up while you can.”

Twelve and his crew have told us many interesting stories over drink. One I found particularly interesting is about The Menagerie. It feels like a very long time since I thought about seeking that place out, but it sounds like I may no longer need to. Twelve's lieutenant, Sister Vivienne, says some of the crew were riding that way and saw the animals running in a big pack. All different shapes and sizes… Ones that would never run together as flesh. All stampeding west, towards us.

Twelve and his crew are at least half mad, though they are friendly enough after some drinks. He let me park the van behind the bar and since they’re a bunch of skeletons who are just sitting around drinking until the time they decide to fight to death, there are not too many thieves who are interested in their place.

This morning I sent Tobbs to find me the best gun he can manage for a bit of jingle. If there are no complications, I will finish the Duke’s cannon while Tobbs is out. Lately I have been working for favors or materials and I am running low on jingle. I will have to ask Twelve where I might find some work. Once I have a little more jingle to work with, it may be time to check in on one of these downed flying machines The Einherjar scouts have mentioned.

Ongoing Projects
Convert the Duke's cannon to a shoulder mounted model with bandoleer - nearly complete
Create a device that will allow me to safely extract marrow from super-massive bones - on hold
Create a dragon bone airship to sail across the miasma between continents - top priority as funding and materials allow

Spent 2 barter for lifestyle (regular expenses and some heavy drinking at The Last Ride)
1 barter given to Tobbs to find me a gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Cool =0 | Hard +1 | Hot +1 | Sharp -1 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 3+1/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 3-3

When I got to Duchy of Ricc, I almost stumble out of the car. Kind of forgot about all the blood loss. I got to Santa Muerte, and blurted out "Can't wait to gently caress poo poo up!" Then I fell down on my face and had to get the local doctor to look after me for a while.

Spending 2 barter to get medical attention

While I was waiting to get better, I heard about what was going on. Most important to me was the rumor of Molar Queen hiring Dog Head, the famous mercenary. They say he's one of the most deadly fighters in the world. They also say he literally has a dog's head, or maybe that was something I hallucinated under the pain killers. Whatever. Point is, it might be a bit more complicated to get to the Molar Queen-

then again I've got Santa Muerte and her explosive shooting big gun so maybe not? Who knows. But once I recovered, I was back to partying. Got booze, got drugs, got cool people to hang with. I direct most orders of payment to SM, she's got it I'm pretty sure.

I'm assigning Sante Muerte ownership of the leash
Spending 3 barter on my lifestyle. I cover 1 of it from my leftover barter, Sante Muerte has to cover the last 2

Right now there's a crowd of people I've managed to gather around one of the piles of rubble that was a building. Good place as any to hold a concert right? I can see the red stars above as I take out my guitar.

"ROCK ON! PARTY ON! loving HELL YEAH LET'S DO IT!"

I play.

@Platinum: 2d6+1 Pander To Your Audience = (2+6)+1 = 9
I take -1 weird next time I roll to Crack Open the World, but I choose for the audience to cough up and Santa Muerte gets 10 barter
Marking XP for rolling Hot

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Cool -1 | Hard +3 | Hot -2 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 3/5 | Armor: 2 | Barter: 9

The hours and days pass without objection. Platinum, though bloodied upon arrival, seemed in good spirits with treatment. Very good spirits, indeed, as many came to me to settle accounts. The Lady was not calling them, though, so I parted with what I could. The subsequent performance provided more than enough for covering the remainder. I must admit that I have never seen one quite so interested in experiencing these lands of perdition to the utmost. Perhaps a sense of penitence drives this mad quest? I cannot say, for truth, and I must admit it does not much matter in the long view. All will once more become dust, no matter what one feels about it. The lucky ones are guided to the Lady's embrace sooner than not.

So, on this morning, I pray. I light the sacred candles and immerse myself amongst their scent. Perhaps the Lady will see fit to reveal herself to me and, if I am truly blessed, whisper words of guidance into my ear.

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 8:51 PM
@Santa Muerte (Tricky): 2d6+2 open your brain (to the lady) = (3+3)+2 = 8

Seeking general insight into the Molar Queen situation. +XP.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
Xiph

The Last Ride sits under the shadow of the Heart of Heartdew Hold; a gigantic beating heart that slowly oozes blood around it, pooling in small dips in the ground in the area. The smell is slightly rank, but no one seems to care. The refugee camps around the hold are ramshackled affairs, though Twelve Foot Twelve has attempted to make some ends meet. “Xiph, buddy,” he says, leaning in with the odor of the fermented drink on his breath, his massive frame plunging the table around you in darkness, “If you need some jingle, I need something to get this sub moving. You’re a thinkin’ man!” He taps his helmet to add emphasis. “You got the good brains, the skin brains!” He leans back, leather outfit creaking, “You find a way to get this thing moving, I’ll pay you, and we can take this show on the road,” he rubs his chin.

The cannon is later finished; its comfortable, balanced weight would fit easily onto a shoulder. Tobbs comes back grinning, holding a weapon in his hands, “Golly, it was tough to find, but this one packs a punch!” he shoves a fist in the air for emphasis. Your cannon’s complete. You get some ominous feelings about Twelve Foot Twelve, and where future ambitions may take him.

Platinum + Santa Muerte

The red stars swirl as the tempo raises, those dancing in the ruins in jubilation as the wind rises in fury, toppling over further standing ruins, further lights appearing in the sky that seem to take a pattern according to the notes and the rhythm. Platinum’s guitar seems at times to bend the very landscape, the wind seeming to change direction as directed; as the music rises, Santa Muerte, your mind departs this world between the notes, and distantly you hear a person cry out “Worm Zone!!” as the guitar’s notes take on a grinding metallic sound, as the Molar Queen’s Castle shows up.

As you view pans around the castle, eerily shaped like a tooth, you see further budding teeth cutting up from the bone land, similar in structure to the Molar Queen’s Own, and a voice just in your ear saying, “The roots go deep.” What else does the voice whisper to you? What curse do you see the Queen putting on Ricc in the past?

Platinium, you see during your playing that the red stars appear to be flashing in a sequence repeatedly, in accordance with your notes.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

The Savvyhead, Xiph

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 0+1/5 | Armor: 0 | Barter: 1
Holding 1 Bonefeel

Of course Tobbs would find me something loud and flashy, though it does seem well-crafted. I am now better armed and my work for the Duke is, for now, complete. Both facts make me feel a bit safer.

This proposition from Twelve Foot Twelve may be too much. Not too much for me to handle, but perhaps too much for him to ask for just a handful of jingle. I will examine what machinery I can before negotiating with him… He is not someone I want to risk needless animosity from.

2d6+2 things speak - The Last Ride = (4+5)+2 = 11
Mark 1 for Weird

• Who made this?
• What words have been said most recently nearby this?
• What’s wrong with this, and how might I fix it?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

The roots go deep, the danger deeper. I hear whispers of corruption and things darker still. The Lady envelops all within her bony embrace, yet I see that the Molar Queen would reject these gifts. The network that forms a web beneath her castle... something there holds her to this existence. It is clear that, without my intervention, she will never know the Lady's love. This is anathema to everything I believe in and, indeed, cannot be allowed to stand. Even were I not to join arms with Platinum to tear this queen from this world of bone and sinew, what I have seen would drive me to action. I can see filaments stretching from the Queen's hand to the Duke of Ricc... it seems she stole his molars, perhaps, or they were given freely. The connection is unmistakable, though, and through that the madness flows.

My eyes finally slip open as I exhale a billow of scented smoke. The work awaits, that most holy of duties.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 4+1/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 0

I look up to the stars, flashing in the sky. I being to play faster and faster, louder and louder. I lose myself in the music, the roar of the crowd fading as I just watch the stars. There's something I've wondered about them, and I think today is when I let the music answer.

What the gently caress is up with them anyway?

@Platinum: 2d6+2 Open Your Brain = (3+3)+2 = 8
Marking XP for rolling Weird and taking Daredevil from the Driver

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Xiph

You gaze at the sub as the colors begin to saturate, that strange grating sound against the hull is slowly replaced by hammers; you can see each strike from a powerful but squat figure, his name reaching out to you from ages long past. Ullmech, the greatest craftsman in lands past created this with a singular purpose…but the purpose can only be guessed at this point. The hammer strikes slowly turn to words, Twelve-Foot-Twelves, murmering to many people around him in a quieted green glow, “We will take back these lands, and if that fixer don’t help us, we’ll help ourselves,” it’s hard to determine if there was threat implied, but it may be safe to assume so. The hammer works its way through the structure, to a deep deep closet within it, a green hum vibrating the metal. Strange atoms bubbling up out of a cannister within, keeping the structure’s modules on life-support mode. It could be fixed with some metal works, but at a chance of exposure…the atoms interact with the maelstrom and bubble and pop bits of it into and out of existence.

Platinum and Santa Muerte

The music plays as Santa Muerte’s vision goes in and out; Platinum, for a moment your consciousness slides past Santa Muerte’s as you enter a momentary shared vision, showing the roots of the teeth, the spreading corruption; but your vision carries you deep within a dark world roaring up to the night sky, great metallic behemoths built with some unknowable and horrible aesthetic, matching nothing in the world as you’ve experienced it, with multiple layers of ablative coatings and each with a sinister red eye that tracks your music, the lights dimming and pulsing with each note played. You also see sensors and scanners going off, searching the void for something, a grinding sound that they are always attuned for, but not quite finding. Placing a ghostly hand upon one, you can feel the music being computed through them, the gigantic structure larger than the Boneatorium; you sense it’s thinking machine instructing SCAN SCAN WORM NOT FOUND SCAN SCAN WORM NOT FOUND TARGETTING NO TARGET matching the pulse of your music….then are rocketed back into your body.

I’m going to go ahead and say that Platinum piggybacks onto Santa Muerte’s vision, and Santa Muerte experiences Platinum’s vision due to proximity.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

The Savvyhead, Xiph

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 1/5 | Armor: 0 | Barter: 1
Holding 1 Bonefeel

I find Twelve behind the bar, serving himself.

"Twelve, what you are asking of me is a much more involved job than I am able to take right now without some support. I need some jingle up front for expenses, board for Tobbs and I, and maybe an assistant or two if you have anyone sharp. Otherwise I have to prioritize smaller work until I build up a bit of funding."

He looks up. I am beginning to appreciate how emotive flesh is and how inscrutable most skeletons are.

"Twelve, this is an opportunity... As long as I am in your debt I will be working for you and I can help familiarize one or two of yours with the workings of the Last Ride."

2d6-1 fast-talk Twelve Foot Twelve = (6+1)-1 = 6

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Xiph

Twelve-foot-twelve begins to chuckle with a growing menace, "I tell you what, I'll take your deal, but you gotta become one of us," he begins to laugh deeper and a bit more disturbed, pulling up his leathers to reveal a glowing green cancerous knot on his ribcage in the shape of a hand. "Open it up Pigskin!" He roars, laughing. The others begin laughing throughout the structure, the laughs echoing off the aged metal, as the tiny Pigskin kicks a lever, that deep green hum you sensed before pulsing with life, and hatches opening on a complicated pulley system.

Arms hook up from under your armpits, and you're lifted into the air. What do you do? Also, where's Tobbs at, you told him to stay put, but where was that?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 0:00 | XP: 0+1/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 0

I blink and stagger back. "Woah. Weird poo poo going on, you know what I mean?" I don't think the people can hear me, they're too busy partying. Sounds good to me. I begin playing again. "I'll be here until Santa Muerte comes by to pick me up. Can't take the drink and the candy with us, so you guys can have the rest." I play to the crowd, standing still, a smile on my mouth. I feel the chords almost playing themselves, a slow melancholy tune coming out.

"Just...you know. Enjoy yourselves. And each other. Make this place nice, you know?" I play a bit more somberly. "Music will help us live, but we need to live for the right reasons!"

@Platinum: 2d6+1 Crack Open The World = (5+3)+1 = 9
Includes -1 from the last Pandering roll and I take 1-harm AP
Making XP for rolling Weird
You make the noise that your soul made when the worst happened, and you learned that you were still alive, and were not alone. Tell the MC that all the NPCs who hear it now form a family, and ask what they do.

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 16, 2018

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

The Savvyhead, Xiph

Holding 1 Bonefeel

I thought it would be easier to negotiate without Tobbs, so I left him in the van. I feel the weight of my gun pull slightly at my belt. I am still not used to carrying one. My knife is strapped to my shoulder. I doubt I could reach either quickly enough and I doubt Tobbs will arrive in time. That is fine. Whether this gambit works or not, they would not make a meaningful difference.

"Twelve, I believe you have misunderstood the situation. I will do jobs for anyone who pays. What you want is not a job. I am not merely a wrench at the end of an arm or one of your bar backs. I can speak to technology and to the dead. With time and materials I can create anything we can conceive of. I am the greatest mind you have ever met."

I lift my arms, palms out, and remove my right glove.

"If you wish to brand me, you do it here as you shake my hand as partners. I am unafraid, and ready for anything. Are you?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

It is a small matter to garb myself for battle. It's a ritual that I have done hundreds of times, if not thousands, and there will surely be ever more occasions for it in the future. I have little enough time to consider the strange sights of the vision, past that impulse to remove the Queen by the very roots. This unnatural sickness upon the land flies in the face of the Lady's grace, an affront I cannot allow to continue to exist. All that remains is the doing: I must reunite with Platinum and utilize their transportation to reach this foul corruption.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Platinum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy4HA3vUv2c

The wind slows to a halt, as a peace settles among the community, the lights above spinning slowly and blinking in rhythm, all those present join hands, Quad El-Ricc among them. Love and understanding wash over them.

As they join hands, they look to you, the linchpin of their revelry. You are now joined together, as family.

For the moment, go ahead and give yourself the advance for followers and fortune as per the playbook, and detail it using the Hocus rules. Consider their need fulfilled, though if it carries to next session they will need to do the start of session move.

Santa Muerte

You witness something unexplainable in the world, something you had not seen since you had left the Children of Ivory behind long ago; true love, and the warmth of family as you watch Platinum's performance.

This moved you to the point where you can, for now, mark an improvement on your sheet that's not a move or stat increase, and detail it as you'd like.

Xiph

Twelve roars with laughter, "I like ya kid," the others join in, clapping your back. "Set em down." He turns to you, "I didn't think you had it in you, being a fleshy and all, but welcome to the Worthy Dead." He takes your hand, and shakes it, then gestures to the room where Pigskin sits with a brand stuck deep into the glowing green, getting it ready. What happens when the brand touches your skin? You're the first human thats been branded, as far as you can tell. Also, go ahead and for now mark and improvment that's not a move or stat increase, and detail it as you'd like.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 3:00 | XP: 1+1/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 0

quote:

The group is a family

Your followers are joyous and celebratory. Surplus: +party.
Your followers are rigorous and argumentative. Surplus: +insight.

Your followers aren’t really yours, more like you’re theirs. Want: judgment instead of want: desertion.
Your followers are drug-fixated. Surplus: +stupor.

Fortune+1 surpluse: 1-barter party insight stupor want: judgement

"Thank you my family. I will go out and make the world a better place with my partner Santa Muerte. Partners...or more??" I give a playful smirk at SM. "Maybe more. What would you like, My Lady?"

@Platinum: 2d6+1 Seduce Santa Muerte = (1+1)+1 = 3
Marking XP for rolling Hot

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

The Savvyhead, Xiph

Holding 1 Bonefeel

I tell them to hold a moment, Tobbs should be here for this. I smile as he walks in. "Hey Buddy, check this out."

I beckon Pigskin to come forward. I do not let him stick me; I grab the end myself. It burns but it does not hurt.

I see... Something. Something green. I can remember only equal parts terror and beauty. It is too much for my mind to take in and it fades immediately, like a dream.

I am not sure if the green glow changed me or if it just opened my eyes. I realize now that I am not a man. I am a skeleton, weighed down by gobs of porous flesh. Clogged with useless organs. The real me is suffocated by them. I do not need any of them. I feel them go slack in and on me. I shake loose my skin, like stepping from wet clothing.

It takes a moment for everyone to register what has happened. A party breaks out in the next moment. There is yelling and dancing and drinking almost immediately. Tobbs and Twelve and a few others gather around me in the midst of the revelry. Some are just staring, some are talking excitedly to no one in particular. I peel my clothes off the discarded flesh and muscle and put them back on. I am not sure why but it feels like I should. My right hand where I gripped the brand has stayed green. I start pulling organs out and tossing them to the side. I will have to figure out how to get the brain out later.

"Twelve, find me our sharpest to work as my assistant and get me some of that green stuff. It's going to take some work but we're going to strap some guns and wings on this thing and fly it the gently caress out of here."

I add two options to my workspace, skilled labor and a relic of the golden age past.
New Project: Convert the Last Ride into an airship equipped with the extra cannons, fin, and dragon bones

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

The show is strange. The sense of brother and sisterhood, of family, is one I had never expected to feel once more. Nor, indeed, did I expect one of the revellers to toss me a set of keys. I bow to them, as is proper, then focus on Platinum's query. I say, "I wish for nothing less than to have you cleanse the land at my side, Platinum. What higher calling can there be than the Lady's own service?"

El Muertorider posted:

Coupe; Massive=2, +2 handling; Fast, aggressive; Powerful, flashy; Loud, cramped.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Xiph

Your transformation leaves the group in awe. “One of us! One of us!” Tobbs hollers and raises his bony fist in triump.

Twelve introduces you to Quicksilver, a bone man who had long ago been blasted with elemental mercury at the edge of reality, the metal oozing out of his eye sockets. “Careful,” he warns, “this’ll make ya sick,” he chuckles. He brings in vat after vat of the green, letting ya know that, “we have whole stockpiles of this stuff, was makin us a little weird if we sat too close.” He looks over the Last Ride, and nods, “But this’ll be a good way to use it up.” He seems to be grinning, silvered teeth glinting off the green light. How has your hunger for marrow-knowledge changed with your change?

Project: Converting the Last Ride
The only stipulation I’m gonna say since we’ve more or less covered the other objectives, is You gotta take apart the nuclear core to do it.

Platinum and Santa Muerte

The love is all around you both, celebration; suddenly the wind kicks up again, as if too much revelry had been had in one night in this ruined place. Out of the howl, a bus pained in psychedelic wizards rolls, crunching bone beneath its wheels, and it pulls up beside El Muertorider. The sign above the windshield says in neon “East Stop” The doors slowly open, and haunting mist pours out, revealing a hooded figure at the wheel. A low voice, bordering on malice, rolls slowly out toward the group, “Shall we?”

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

As the bus offers passage to those who would follow Platinum, I familiarize myself with the workings of the vehicle that is now my own. It is not the first time I have driven, but I would not claim any particular expertise in the art thereof. I lower the window and respond, "I am always ready."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm: 3:00 | XP: 1/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 0

Man, what the hell. Do I need to be even more direct with Santa Muerte? Before I can say anything though, the bus shows up. Driven by...I don't know actually. I shrug and hop in.

"So who are you?"

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

The Savvyhead, Xiph

Holding 1 Bonefeel

I'm anxious to find someone I don't much care about and shake their hand naked to see if this green does anything to them. For Quicksilver, I shake with the glove on. "Get us one of these barrels in the van, we're going to do some testing."

I look to Twelve Foot Twelve, a big booming grin on his face. "Alright Twelve, I need that walking around money we talked about. Me and The Boys are going to take a field trip."

It takes a while to calm down Tobbs enough to talk to him. I tell him and Quicksilver the plan. Tobbs is going to drive us to Lakeview Cryogenics while Quicksilver and I do a little experimenting on this goo in the back of the van. We're going to see if my old clan will let us in to their holy sites, being that we're all skeletons now. I don't have the same hunger for marrow that I did, but I'm not sure if it's because I've changed or if I'm just riding high off the brand. Either way, I'll find an expert on this nuclear material at Lakeview and we're going to figure out how to get this thing flying.

"This is it, Boys. Saddle up; we're really gonna do it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Santa Muerte

The wind gusts begin again, kicking loose chunks of debri and dust pelts against your vehicle. Far the the west, your name is spoken and reaches you on the wind...but you turn to follow the bus as it departs. Far ahead, you can sense something...some trouble. A metallic clacking fills the air around you and not around you.

Platinum

The Busman sits silently for a time, but your question does not ever seem to be ignored; Santa Muerte follows the bus in the distance as the wind kicks around the outside, the Family singing and otherwise having revelry in the background. Finally he turns, and ominously whispers, "I have always been," the edges of the hood moving with an invisible breath. "I have had many names, but I am cursed to forget them, and to carry those names who I am given." Beside him is a gigantic ancient tome that parts slightly with every bump in the road.

Xiph

Twelve-foot-twelve gives you the money with a grin. Stradled in and working with Quicksilver in the back, Tobbs takes the wheel. An indeterminate amount of time passes as Tobbs drives, you and Quicksilver making smalltalk inbetween various experiments. Tobbs calls out, "Hey uh guys, golly we got ourselves a shuck darn thing up here." Looking ahead, you see an array of vehicles that your are coming up on; what appears to be a spider tank, a monster truck, several cadillacs, and a boat with wheels. The bigfoot has a flag waving on top...the now defunct Death Race crew. Tobbs turns to you, "What should we do?"

• Locked thread