Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

It's true that you use the pochette key like that in the original, but only IN the boss room. I definitely found the dinosaur figure by accident.

The clues are kinda roundabout (as is the La Mulana way) and I don't think there is a direct clue about how to GET the dino figure. The clues point to needing it to reach the place which unlocks the ankh (mostly because exploring that place inevitably unlocks it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I am pretty sure there's two spots you're expected to use the Pochette Key in the Chamber of Extinction: once during the boss to take off in your little airplane, but also once earlier to unlock something. I'll see if I can dig up a screenshot later. The dinosaur puzzle is something I might have figured out if I'd stumbled into it earlier, either by accident or through prodding it, but once I picked up the Pochette Key I basically developed tunnel vision. Every single hint in my notes that references the Pochette Key says you need it to fight Jormungand, which I interpreted "To fight" as "To make the fight available" when it exclusively meant "To stand a chance against him." After being stuck for awhile on Jormungand's Seal, I started sniffing around for other puzzles to solve, but pretty much all of them lead back to the seal (I need Mjolnir for this, which means defeating Jormungand; I need the Feather for this, which means I need Mjolnir, which means defeating Jormungand; etc.), so I basically saw it as the game's singular bottleneck forestalling all future progress.

But hey, shout out to Mulbruk for the least helpful hint of all time. Yeah girl, what an ugly mural.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Yeah you're right. I had to go back and check about where that key is used in the first game. I should go back and play these. It's always been a project kicking around in my head to write a guide showing how the game expects you to solve puzzles by connecting them to tablets and other clues.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah there are hints around for the "big" puzzles that require you to go to multiple locations, but for those "local" puzzles that you can solve within one screen there often isn't anything. If you miss one it can present a huge problem that you can only really solve by combing through everything again (I actually made a list of all the rooms with unopened chests or other suspicious things just so I could check those first if I got stuck).

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Unrelated to the immediate topic at hand but I went into my iTunes to listen to some of the first game's soundtrack I bought forever ago only to find the one I bought was delisted and removed from my account and they rereleased the album again into two parts for me to rebuy. Yes I'm mad!