Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macnult

if you'd like, here is some nice calming music to listen to while reading along

hello byob! i'm moving into a new apartment next week, so in the meantime my belongings are at my parents house. it's been raining a lot these past few days but not till the afternoon which is nice. in order to get some fresh air before the downpour i've been going on bike rides early in the morning, and today i figured i'd share it with you.

this is the bike i've been using. i don't know much about bikes but this one gets the job done. it belongs to my dad, but my brother has the same exact one. the only way they can tell each other's apart is from the height of the bike seat.

anyway, my favorite biking destination has been to the water. my hometown has a lot of river outlets so i can go in pretty much any direction and end up at the water. since my first day back i've already established a route.

the first stop is a straight shot down the road. i can either leave the neighborhood through the main road, or cut through the community pool's walkway. today i was in a pool mood

the path is nice and smooth

this little hill is a fun part of the ride.

you can take the whole thing down without gaining intense speed, and at the end you can see the water

we're almost at the spot!

we made it! the 'no trespassing' sign is nothing to worry about. i know the owners personally and they only have that sign up to discourage people from causing a ruckus.

no ruckus here, just enjoying a nice view

when the tide is low you can walk down onto the sand. i guess you technically can now as well, but i didn't want to get my shoes wet

anyway, on to the next place!

the next place is a neighboring community's dock. i'd probably spend more time here if there were more sailboats and less powerboats. oh well, beggars can't be choosers

i didn't notice my finger got in the way of the camera (oops!) but to the right-ish of this photo is the first spot we stopped at

let's find a place that has more sailboats

found some sailboats! unfortunately the gate is closed off. this neighborhood shares my neighborhood's pool membership, but for some weird reason we technically don't have access to their beach area. it's cool though, if someone was around this morning they would've let me in

moving on!

i was going to bike home at this point, but i figured i'd take a trip down memory lane to a spot i haven't been to in about eight years: a shortcut to my childhood best friend's house

without this shortcut, it took roughly 15 minutes of bike riding to get to his house

here it is! my best friend used to live in that house right across the water. his parents owned a paddleboat which made crossing easy. a few times i swam across if i had my bathing suit, but looking at how gross the water has become i don't think that'd be the greatest idea. good times though

that was the last stop before i biked back home. thanks for tagging along! here's a picture of my family's dog Breezy (she's a good pup)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

that looks really nice op thanks for sharing

alnilam

good pics good pup good post

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
nature? dogs? water? this thread lowered my blood pressure significantly, thank you op. and please pet breezy for me and if you feel ok doing it please sniff her butt for my dog (if you don't feel comfortable doing this I will lie and tell him you did so as not to hurt his feeling, he's barely literate so it will take him forever to read this thread and realize you didn't)

hemale in pain

i really enjoyed going on that journey with you op :)

Twenty Four

Mac this was a really good post and I enjoyed your photos, thank you! I wish I were there with you!

Dungeon Ecology

excellent trip report

i live in a city so its nice to see the foliage

and breezy looks like the best lil pupperoni

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

nature? dogs? water? this thread lowered my blood pressure significantly, thank you op. and please pet breezy for me and if you feel ok doing it please sniff her butt for my dog (if you don't feel comfortable doing this I will lie and tell him you did so as not to hurt his feeling, he's barely literate so it will take him forever to read this thread and realize you didn't)

I gave her a treat and told her that Luvcow’s dog said hi. she wagged her tail :)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Macnult posted:

I gave her a treat and told her that Luvcow’s dog said hi. she wagged her tail :)

woof!

Scaly Haylie

go left

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
5/5 virtual bike ride, would repeat

Macnult

Today I went on an afternoon bike ride to the water after chillin at the pool for a bit. When I got there I saw a few people walking up the dirt mound entrance to the spot. I recognized one of them as I passed by and felt rude for not saying hi, so once I reached the end of the road I stopped by on my way back. It was my friend's younger brother and his friend who knows one of my siblings. I asked them what's up after it being obvious that I'm on a bike ride. They told me they just walked down here because they didn't have anything else to do. I felt that, I used to come down here all the time either to draw or just because it was something to do, hence why it's referred to as "the spot". They asked me if I wanted to smoke but I told them no because weed isn't byob anymore.

Anyway, the view at the spot was today was nice. I didn't have my phone on me because I was letting it charge at home, so I'll describe it from this picture:

The sun was out, no clouds were visible, and the branch looked way more fun to walk on. Two ospreys were flying out on the water, and a great blue heron was heard squawking in the distance. they have a weird sounding call, but they look cool

Dungeon Ecology

Macnult posted:

weed isn't byob anymore.

*spit-take but weed smoke instead of coffee*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

If it's nice outside again like it was today I'll bring my phone to take more photos.

I've been going on a lot of late night bike rides as well. I have a different route than the one for my morning ride so I can avoid main roads, but what's nice is I've been able to see a lot of nocturnal wildlife that I don't see often. The other night I saw 5 foxes: two separate occasions where one was crossing the street, and three that were observing me from a field. I see them run by all the time when I'm driving, but on a bike they kinda just chill to see what you're doing.

The coolest thing I've seen during my late night bike ride so far has been a barred owl. I've never seen one in person before, especially that close. I was crossing a neighborhood intersection where it swooped down from a tree overhead and perched on top of a street sign. I don't know much about owls, but I've developed a late night biking routine in hopes that I see it again. Even if I don't, it's still a lot of fun to ride a bike.

• Locked thread