Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
should i buy a gun
yes
no
goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

If you rack it again you'll just eject a shell. You'll still be ready to rock if you loaded more than one.

:goonsay:

right so if you rack it twice and no shell plops like a turd from an angels bhole some geek like you will be all "oh since im exceptionally good at counting things and organizing pieces of fruit by a quality called 'rectal-squishability' i can tell that your shotgun is unloaded"

ooh a good snipe :69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

Better option is to buy a house with a lot of hallways and invest in a spear or halberd. Or a house with an open floor plan and a claymore. Always base your home defense choice around your home's layout or you'll end up getting stabbed because you're busy trying to pull your morningstar out of your hallway drywall.

Pretend I pasted in the Caro monologue about the network of cameras and firing lanes to shoot through the walls at Qualcomm operatives

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Gatekeeper posted:

alternately just get a gun and no bullets and point it at ppl, they're never gonna be like "hmm I bet there are no bullets in there" it's just a chance they won't take

if you have a shotgun tho don't keep racking it. a loaded shotgun only racks once. rack it twice and any autist will be like "nope not loaded" and rube Goldberg you into a trap like The Incredible Machine, or even Mousetrap

This might work in other countries, but in God's own America there's most likely many other gun havers that did load their guns and also have many spare magazines and tactical knives to back that up.

Think about the hit documentary, "Die Hard". That is what many adult males in America think they'll encounter on any given day.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

WatermelonGun posted:

hit em with the 12 gauge bucket
Chicken nugget

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Rad-daddio posted:

This might work in other countries, but in God's own America there's most likely many other gun havers that did load their guns and also have many spare magazines and tactical knives to back that up.

Think about the hit documentary, "Die Hard". That is what many adult males in America think they'll encounter on any given day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzEWFE7M97Y

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Rad-daddio posted:

this is why you should dress like that dude getting the sophia lauren style side eye from lowtax in that famous photo

the american male can't handle that

the american male is usually powerful:

quote:

he's super fit but doesn't show it cept for in the bed
he makes you laugh but only when it is appropriate
he's makin money but somehow he never lost his cred
he is the american male
he's sensitive but not a wuss his inner child is strong
yeah he's a bad boy but he's honest, he can do no wrong
he mates for life despite that other women want his dong
he is the american male

but he can't handle the dude in that lowtax photo, and therein lies his weakness

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

interwhat posted:

My wife won’t let me get a handgun, cause they are for killing people. She’s perfectly ok with my pre ban mini 14 with folding stock. I don’t think I’ve even seen an episode of A team

Is it a factory folding stock? Those things sell for hella money these days. Not the gun part though, the older ones shot kinda poorly.

Still love mine, and won't sell it for anything. It would have been nice if the junk-rigged accustrut worked, though.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
should i buy my gun from walmart

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

interwhat posted:

My wife won’t let me get a handgun, cause they are for killing people. She’s perfectly ok with my pre ban mini 14 with folding stock. I don’t think I’ve even seen an episode of A team

Handguns are much more crime-friendly than rifles.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Gatekeeper posted:

alternately just get a gun and no bullets and point it at ppl, they're never gonna be like "hmm I bet there are no bullets in there" it's just a chance they won't take

I remember watching the movie adaptation of The Outsiders in middle school and spergily pointing out how obvious it was that Dally didn't have a magazine in his pistol when he fake robs the grocery store.

Rad-daddio posted:

This is always my answer to the people who question the practice of wearing shoes indoors.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Methanar posted:

should i buy my gun from walmart

Where you buy one doesn't usually matter.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
What should the first thing I shoot be

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if not yourself then some tin cans with nothing behind what you're shooting for miles

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

This is always my answer to the people who question the practice of wearing shoes indoors.

lol if you're not running around your house barefoot because you don't want to have McClaine problems

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Coxswain Balls posted:

Is it a factory folding stock? Those things sell for hella money these days. Not the gun part though, the older ones shot kinda poorly.

Still love mine, and won't sell it for anything. It would have been nice if the junk-rigged accustrut worked, though.

It’s all factory silver. I paid kinda high from a buddy $1000.00. I think mine shoots great, but it gets a little sloppy once it gets really hot. I like the black on yours! I was thinking about some optics for mine but the ghost sight shoots straight enough for the range

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Methanar posted:

What should the first thing I shoot be

Targets. Like bullseyes and poo poo. At a gun range.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
*vague no content gun thread in gbs*

*go to last page, devolved into talking about own guns*

*checks out*

first shot yesterday with this guy, can anybody spot whats wrong???

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

1gnoirents posted:

*checks out*

you have not yet dropped several hundred dollars on a fancy race hammer and trigger job? (not that I have either)

also, I don't have an omega but I'm pretty sure the decocker is still not supposed to do that

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Creamed Cormp posted:

the Mosin Nagant was a rifle that was obsolete by the 1930s, and the fact that it killed a fuckload of fascists is more of a testament to the willpower of the soviet people than any appreciable quality as a rifle.

Yeah it sucked in World at War too.

On the other hand, I got to shoot an M1 Garand once and that was fun as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

1gnoirents posted:

*checks out*

Your have the safety set to super kill.

• Locked thread