Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the champs?
This poll is closed.
Dillashaw, Johnson 35 52.24%
Garbrandt, Johnson 24 35.82%
Dillashaw, Cejudo 5 7.46%
Garbrandt, Cejudo 3 4.48%
Total: 67 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Le Saboteur posted:

Looking at the preliminary stats for DJ/Cejudo and my mind just reels at this decision further. https://imgur.com/a/21TCPgt

Two passes into half guard is the X factor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Entering the name into the bonestorm game except it says THRILLAS

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Cody should switch to bangs camp lol. He could go with guys like Loma and takeru and tighten up. Tj has a better chin than him tho

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Can’t believe TJ was saved by the bell in the first round twice, Cody almost had him.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Dan Didio posted:

Can’t believe TJ was saved by the bell in the first round twice, Cody almost had him.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Was at the event and there was a lighting rig obscuring my view of the screen, but I had it 3-2 for DJ. That said DJ seemed really hesitant to go for punches to the head and seemed to mostly bang kicks in from a distance so I figured it could go either way with the judges. Still a really fun fight. Some of those scrambles were sick.

The TJ Cody fight was great as well but I can’t
believe Cody did the exact same thing that got him KO’d by planting and swinging hooks like a crazy person.

TJ owns.

Skip My Posts posted:

Cody should switch to bangs camp lol. He could go with guys like Loma and takeru and tighten up. Tj has a better chin than him tho

I showed my brother a video of Takeru and said “TJ is sparring with this guy while Cody gets trained and cornered by Danny Castillo and his uncle.”

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Aug 5, 2018

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Lots of people saying this was the best flyweight title fight. Are they right? It’s the best I’ve seen but I wasn’t a MMA fan when they started the division

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Highest level, but I don’t think the best fight.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Bluedeanie posted:

Renato Moicano hasn't been doing this for as long but he is real good and bendy. When he subbed for Tom Niinimaki

This was a tremendous OP but I feel you missed out on the Tom of Finland joke here.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I thought Mighty Mouse won, and I can’t see Cejudo winning any of rounds 1, 3, or 5.

Also lol the TJ/Cody rematch happened exactly the same way as the first fight, just faster. TJ opens with a lot of movement and gets clipped, then he just stops moving and stands right in the pocket with Cody and murders him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

kimbo305 posted:

This was a tremendous OP but I feel you missed out on the Tom of Finland joke here.

AUGH, DANGIT

• Locked thread