Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Brandon Hardesty is an actor, video producer, and Internet person. Back in the mid aughts, he received some modest Internet fame when his unconventionally humorous Internet videos gained attention on SA, most notably "Strange Faces and Noises I Can Make" and the Reenactments series. If the videos feel familiar, it's because you're either a) old and you remember him, or b) young and you now realize that everyone on Vine and Twitter aped his editing style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFPwI3r4c-I&t=9s

As an actor, he has made appearances and cameos in films, TV shows and podcasts. His most recent project of note is the No Small Parts series:

quote:

In May 2014, Hardesty started a second YouTube channel, No Small Parts, a documentary web series about character actors in the entertainment industry. As of June 2018, the channel has over 1.8 million video views. Some of the actors covered in the series include: Warwick Davis, Harry Dean Stanton, Richard Kiel, Crispin Glover and Pete Postlethwaite amongst others.

Unfortunately he's recently taken down the full-length half-hour episodes on the No Small Parts YouTube channel, renamed the channel "The Back Focus," and claims to be revamping the No Small Parts Patreon. Currently the series exists as a series of three to four minute vignettes under IMDB's Originals brand. (I'm assuming the removal of the original videos is part of some contractual obligation, but Hardesty hasn't provided any details about it.)

He is still active on his Facebook page "Brandon Hardesty Productions." And he still makes humor videos on his channel Undotube (formerly ArtieTSMITW), like this one about Spider-Man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVD8db9_thU

And this one detailing his life story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wLuvAMMJOg&t=77s

Overall it seems the guy made out alright. I'm interested to see what he'll come up with in the future. Who knows, maybe he'll swing by to post in this very thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Hard
Feb 23, 2012

Are you talking to me or my ass?
Hey! Brandon here. Saw the post.

The contractual obligation with "No Small Parts" was because I sold the brand of "No Small Parts" to them. Part of the agreement was that I take down my full episodes that I made. It was a tough decision to make, but I enjoy making the videos for IMDb and there's potential to do more "No Small Parts" down the road, depending on what direction they want to go in. Plus, making the full episodes took so much time, and I hadn't made one in a while.

But yeah, I'm continuing to make similar style videos on my channel "The Back Focus:" video essays, film/TV commentary, etc. I'm making three videos a month with a friend of mine, and we've got some support from Patreon and various sponsorships.

We made this one recently, an episode of "It Wasn't That Bad," focusing on the redeemable qualities of movies that didn't do very well. This one's about "The Peanut Butter Solution."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inpzR7QgRCw

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Brandon!

A long time ago you made a video dramatizing a Nicolas Paccione (sp?) work. It slayed me and I often post about it in 'Things Lost From the Internet'. I don't remember much about it but I was hoping you still had a copy. Please? Pretty please?

e: I think it was raining?

B-Hard
Feb 23, 2012

Thots and Prayers posted:

Brandon!

A long time ago you made a video dramatizing a Nicolas Paccione (sp?) work. It slayed me and I often post about it in 'Things Lost From the Internet'. I don't remember much about it but I was hoping you still had a copy. Please? Pretty please?

e: I think it was raining?

Oh man... I remember that. I don't have a copy of it anywhere. I think I took it down once we all realized that Nicolas was probably mentally-challenged. Seemed a bit mean once I found that out.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
drat that was quick

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Short and sweet thread. Nicely done OP, get a new one going.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
This is a loving throwback right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad0y32tHRp0

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

B-Hard posted:

The contractual obligation with "No Small Parts" was because I sold the brand of "No Small Parts" to them. Part of the agreement was that I take down my full episodes that I made. It was a tough decision to make, but I enjoy making the videos for IMDb and there's potential to do more "No Small Parts" down the road, depending on what direction they want to go in. Plus, making the full episodes took so much time, and I hadn't made one in a while.

But yeah, I'm continuing to make similar style videos on my channel "The Back Focus:" video essays, film/TV commentary, etc. I'm making three videos a month with a friend of mine, and we've got some support from Patreon and various sponsorships.

We made this one recently, an episode of "It Wasn't That Bad," focusing on the redeemable qualities of movies that didn't do very well. This one's about "The Peanut Butter Solution."

Your Pan's Labyrinth reenactment was one of the first things I ever favorited on YouTube.

B-Hard
Feb 23, 2012

Ah, George.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
those re-enactment videos are the reason I know a lot of movie scenes line by line :)

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

B-Hard posted:

Ah, George.

loved those videos, thanks. did you really own a lava lamp at that point or was that a george specific prop?

didn't you have a demonius x video too?

B-Hard
Feb 23, 2012

extra stout posted:

loved those videos, thanks. did you really own a lava lamp at that point or was that a george specific prop?

didn't you have a demonius x video too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93mRy7Z-8Nc

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

B-Hard posted:

Wow, I honestly didn't expect this thread to get any replies after the first few days, let alone from its subject. Thanks!

So does that mean that IMDB owns the full episodes of No Small Parts? Is there any chance they will re-release them in some form or are they just going to let the originals sit on a hard drive somewhere?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I really liked No Small Parts until IMDB took over. Still, congrats on being able to cash out on a project Brandon.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Ahh, love your work, the no small parts stuff was excellent, and the gorgeous George clip always makes me laugh

*Toilet flush*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Walken 101 rules!

• Locked thread