Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Martin Random

by FactsAreUseless
When I was very, very young and I learned that words were made up, I decided to make up the word "Supercontinental."

I still think it was my greatest invention. I've done a lot since then, and I always try to convince the people I'm working with that we should at least code name what we're doing something like "Project Supercontinental."

Nobody has ever liked my favorite word, the only word I ever invented, and, I think, now that I'm getting older, I will never find some project or thing to be called "Supercontinental."

And then one day I will die, my favorite word meaning absolutely nothing

except that I made it, I loved it, and it was mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
What about your stint in the Time Corp?

Edit: No, that was another poster, you did some posts about Bush's White House back in 2006 or so.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

FluffieDuckie

Martin Random posted:

When I was very, very young and I learned that words were made up, I decided to make up the word "Supercontinental."

I still think it was my greatest invention. I've done a lot since then, and I always try to convince the people I'm working with that we should at least code name what we're doing something like "Project Supercontinental."

Nobody has ever liked my favorite word, the only word I ever invented, and, I think, now that I'm getting older, I will never find some project or thing to be called "Supercontinental."

And then one day I will die, my favorite word meaning absolutely nothing

except that I made it, I loved it, and it was mine.

I like it. May I use it?

Like this: “Byob isn’t just for North America. Our users are supercontinental”

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Dungeon Ecology

"that's supercontinental, baby!"

google THIS

That sounds like a good word for when hotels have a mostly continental breakfast but there's scrambled eggs and maybe a waffle maker but clearly not a full hot breakfast buffet.

Martin Random

by FactsAreUseless

FluffieDuckie posted:

I like it. May I use it?

Like this: “Byob isn’t just for North America. Our users are supercontinental”

I've considered a solution like this. The problem is transcontinental covers that. Supercontinental would have been employed during the brief period that shipping lines had the advantage over bus or locomotive lines. It's the one distinguishing features.

Perhaps it would have come into parlance during the zeppelin era, but that's a stretch. I could see a zeppelin company go supercontinental...

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Martin Random

by FactsAreUseless
Supercontinental Byobway.

I'm not sure. You can certainly use it. Please do. I'd like my word, the only word I ever made, to serve some purpose, to have some... meaning

And not in just the abstract, academic sense... I want it to maybe, some day, be adjacent to perhaps vernacular

----------------

Manifisto

google THIS posted:

That sounds like a good word for when hotels have a mostly continental breakfast but there's scrambled eggs and maybe a waffle maker but clearly not a full hot breakfast buffet.

Manifisto

supercontinental = pangean, or at least gondwanan

I like to use those as ethnic foods for when people are tired of the usual offerings

"who's up for some pangean?" (hastily tosses together leftovers from the last couple of weeks' takeout)

Twenty Four

Pangaea or Pangea was supercontinental!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangaea

take the moon

by sebmojo
id like to share a fact about myself too

im gay

----------------

Robot Made of Meat

spectres of autism posted:

id like to share a fact about myself too

im gay

:hfive:

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Robot Made of Meat

Super, as a prefix, basically means above. So if you're flying over the continent in an aeroplane or a zeppelin (or any similar contrivance), your experience could definitely be supercontinental, as could your breakfast.

It's a good word. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Super, as a prefix, basically means above. So if you're flying over the continent in an aeroplane or a zeppelin (or any similar contrivance), your experience could definitely be supercontinental, as could your breakfast.

It's a good word. Thanks for sharing.
Maybe even just upstairs is technically supercontinental.
Or, if you have really good control over when you pee and can go without peeing for a whole day. And your name is Albert.

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
All oceans are supercontental land masses.

----------------

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I suggest calling into radio talk shows on topics like globalization, multi-national corporations, world travel, or really anything that has to do with anything international; and peppering it in. It's got buzzword quality, I think it could catch on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indyrenegade

and that man's name? ENRICO FERMI
supercontinentinterplanetary

thanks to manifisto for the sig!

• Locked thread