Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Liquid Communism posted:

They are okay, but the WWE only has one main roster heel, and it's the cowardly heel.

Shake something up for gently caress's sake.

The only rear end kicking heel is the rear end Kicker. So I guess we need a HHH title run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I agree. I still hope since Rollins went from that to over babyface today, maybe one day they'll give Owens a good long babyface run.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheKingslayer posted:

The only rear end kicking heel is the rear end Kicker. So I guess we need a HHH title run.

Had one and he was a cowardly heel then too. Example: Look at him picking on this scrawny middle school child

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Had one and he was a cowardly heel then too. Example: Look at him picking on this scrawny middle school child

That match ruled.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Holy poo poo I don't remember Dean looking like Tom Hank's stunt double in Philadelphia.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Brock Lesnar isn’t a chickenshit heel so much as... he’s Smaug I guess

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Dishwasher posted:

As a (long-suffering) black fan, I definitely see the concern of under-representation. Wrestling historically rarely pushes guys and women that look like me to the forefront unless they're so over they have no choice (The Rock, and 'he' almost didn't happen because of racial politics behind the curtain), are pushing them to prove they aren't racist in their booking choices (Ron Simmons, New Day, who basically have to be as good in the ring, entertaining, and memorably marketable as possible every appearance because they know they're a mere 'thumbs down' from Dunn away from that ride being done), or are able to safely shelve them because they kept them in middle of the road pushes and gimmicks.

Everyone kinda hates Roman Reigns these days, but as a guy who was basically driven off to a phase of puro exclusivity by Triple H's run and read all the stories of politicking, stifling careers (this isn't just fun and games, people are trying to provide for families here. Also, Booker T and the "People like You" promo), and utilizing his privilege to advance his own mythology in the game I'm really just happy it's not yet another white guy being groomed. It's annoying booking, but Vince saying "We're pushing this non-white guy no matter what, is a welcome choice, as is the reports that he's a cool dude who isn't trying to gently caress anyone over. gently caress it, I hope he pins Brock in 3 minutes.

As for the women, Ember Moon has the coolest move in North American wrestling since the Vertebreaker and she isn't at SummerSlam? Ridiculous.

Pushing Sara Del Ray to the exclusion of Norman Smiley.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

almost certainly gonna quote this later to agree with it harder but for now I'll just say imagine not having this mentality, glad to finally see you join the team friend :swoon:

the state of this dork

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

rovert posted:

Pushing Sara Del Ray to the exclusion of Norman Smiley.

:golfclap:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Dishwasher posted:

As a (long-suffering) black fan, I definitely see the concern of under-representation. Wrestling historically rarely pushes guys and women that look like me to the forefront unless they're so over they have no choice (The Rock, and 'he' almost didn't happen because of racial politics behind the curtain), are pushing them to prove they aren't racist in their booking choices (Ron Simmons, New Day, who basically have to be as good in the ring, entertaining, and memorably marketable as possible every appearance because they know they're a mere 'thumbs down' from Dunn away from that ride being done), or are able to safely shelve them because they kept them in middle of the road pushes and gimmicks.

Everyone kinda hates Roman Reigns these days, but as a guy who was basically driven off to a phase of puro exclusivity by Triple H's run and read all the stories of politicking, stifling careers (this isn't just fun and games, people are trying to provide for families here. Also, Booker T and the "People like You" promo), and utilizing his privilege to advance his own mythology in the game I'm really just happy it's not yet another white guy being groomed. It's annoying booking, but Vince saying "We're pushing this non-white guy no matter what, is a welcome choice, as is the reports that he's a cool dude who isn't trying to gently caress anyone over. gently caress it, I hope he pins Brock in 3 minutes.

As for the women, Ember Moon has the coolest move in North American wrestling since the Vertebreaker and she isn't at SummerSlam? Ridiculous.

It's crazy how under represented we are as far as WWE goes. Just this morning I was trying to think of who the last black World Champion was before the Rock and totally drew a blank. And I'm not counting Booker T's reign as the B-show champ.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

JT Smiley posted:

It's crazy how under represented we are as far as WWE goes. Just this morning I was trying to think of who the last black World Champion was before the Rock and totally drew a blank. And I'm not counting Booker T's reign as the B-show champ.

Do you count Ron Simmons even though that was technically another company when it happened

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm not confident Vince knows Roman isn't white.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MikePWInsider/status/1031315927793651712

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Aphrodite posted:

Remember when they made him wear those terrible gray contacts?

Chris James 2 posted:

Do you count Ron Simmons even though that was technically another company when it happened

Even if you count WCW that's what? Two dudes in nearly thirty years?

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Aphrodite posted:

I............ yep. :smith:

*rubs hands together greedily*

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

jesus :stare: I didn't expect them to be vehemently anti-Brock too even with the build being what it was

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JT Smiley posted:

Remember when they made him wear those terrible gray contacts?

Even if you count WCW that's what? Two dudes in nearly thirty years?

Yeah but one of them was 5 times, 5 times, 5 times, 5 times, 5 times.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Oh my God shut the gently caress up.

Don't be a mean guy, Foochs, it isn't in your nature :colbert:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Bryan is not losing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

If Bryan re-signs: Miz will cheat to beat him at SummerSlam and they'll fight eight million times between now and Mania.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13tnjh3dZw4

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I just calls em like I sees em. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically