Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

You do not NEED equipment, but depending on your goals some equipment may make it much easier to achieve them. It may also help stave off boredom. Just a barbell, a few kettlebells, and a weight vest opens up a whole lot of options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

The Bowflex dbs are pricey but then again so is everything now, but those and a bench would be decent enough. The only thing I think you'd be missing is a vertical pulling exercise for your back but I guess dumbbell pullovers count as chest + back. I'm assuming you're not at pullups yet.

Good job on the 50lbs!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Oh for sure, I'm just trying to make sure it's clear you don't need equipment to exercise/lose weight. You certainly can, but it's not required. If someone needs/wants something to exercise the way they want or to help get motivated, whatever floats yer boat! :)

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

For sure, and exercise equipment is still pricey right now although it looks like it's coming down. Some dumbbells I bought 10 months ago are now available for half the price.

In my workout news, my thumb that got half ripped off wasn't really hurting when I was working 12 hr days, but now that I'm starting to lift again it's hurting a bit. I don't know if that will go away or if it's just the arthritis the doctor told me I'd likely get coming in early since it's getting colder. The funny thing is I managed to work out a bit in July and it didn't really hurt then but it couldn't grip very much weight, now I can finally grip tight enough for pullups but it gets a little sore. First time I've managed to get all six weekly lifting sessions in since I got hit by a SUV in April.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Been training/working out next to nothing the past 2 weeks and man for the season, I can feel it. Only trained 2x last week and on Monday this week. And those were not hard workouts, mostly technical for my blackbelt training.

Eating/drinking during the holidays is going to make the first few real training/workout sessions rough. Omicron will almost certainly be shutting down my main training location next week (out of a grade school gym in the evening) but our main club owned school will be open for adults starting Weds.

Been nice resting the foot though, which is a reason I've been purposely not to working out at home. Hopefully give the fascitis on my foot a chance to heal.

My weight has been really consistent (+/- 3lbs or so) but I don't think that's a good thing, probably losing muscle.