Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm not sure what Vilgan's point is. Like, what do they want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

SHISHKABOB posted:

I'm not sure what Vilgan's point is. Like, what do they want?

They are either a weakly identifying GSF member who wants us to provide full Pochven support, or they're a non-GSF member who wants phorde out of Pochven.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

I've been to Pochven once on a welp squad fleet and it sucked. Case closed, I'm not interested in any further arguments to the contrary.

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

yes, but you see "goons bad, war bad, pochven good"

In all fairness this is the saddest excuse of a war we've had in a decade, we're punching so far down it might as well be amateur deep sea archaeology

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Alone in the Dork posted:

In all fairness this is the saddest excuse of a war we've had in a decade, we're punching so far down it might as well be amateur deep sea archaeology

I've brought my Nyx out of mothballs for the first time since Test and friends ran away from Delve with their underwear around their ankles, it'll do

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I've brought my Nyx out of mothballs for the first time since Test and friends ran away from Delve with their underwear around their ankles, it'll do

I mean that seems like a vapid reason to care, you use an oversized suitcase? We'll never use them, how many bloc level FCs are supercap capable these days?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Vilgan posted:

it seems like there's a lot of koolaid drinking whenever Mittens pronounces something.

Also, you say this like Mittani has any loving clue about finance. Spoiler: he doesn't.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Just make him care enough to learn, because that ends well. I'll be watching from a distance, where its safe :v:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

wtf is pochven?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

CainFortea posted:

wtf is pochven?

There was an event where the Triangle Men (who hate particle men) could take entire systems off the map, such as Niarja. (It's gone now.) They stuck them inside a pseudo-region of their own, whose gate structure is shaped (you guessed it) like a triangle. You can get in with those filament thingies, and through naturally spawning wormholes. (The drone regions get more of them than the rest of k-space.) There's some PVE nonsense inside, which, as we all know, is a huge entitlement generator.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

There was an event where the Triangle Men (who hate particle men) could take entire systems off the map, such as Niarja. (It's gone now.) They stuck them inside a pseudo-region of their own, whose gate structure is shaped (you guessed it) like a triangle. You can get in with those filament thingies, and through naturally spawning wormholes. (The drone regions get more of them than the rest of k-space.) There's some PVE nonsense inside, which, as we all know, is a huge entitlement generator.

Oh, so like √(burners + incursions) * i?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

CainFortea posted:

Oh, so like √(burners + incursions) * i?

:iiam:

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Vilgan just tell us why your app got rejected.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My money is on "used to krab with goons and lost his isk fountain when they unblued"

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
It's a region you can only access by using filaments, think a gated NPC sov constellation

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Pochven is the small gang NPC-null local blackout region that ~*~eLiTe PvP~*~ has been asking for for decades. So of course there’s no real pvp there. Just the occasional slap fight between PvE gangs.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Dik Hz posted:

Pochven is the small gang NPC-null local blackout region that ~*~eLiTe PvP~*~ has been asking for for decades. So of course there’s no real pvp there. Just the occasional slap fight between PvE gangs.

lol you have no idea what you are talking about

there are lots of cool fights with interesting doctrines you don't see in null because the sizes are kept down because of how the site payouts work

there is also small gang stuff, either small gang vs small gang, like the guy i know who goes out there in a vengeance by himself and collects a billion kills. you can also harass the larger fleets that are moving between systems (it's all one big pipe! you know where they're going!) you even get structure bashes like the big fights over rote structures or currently now people fighting over the FRT forts

pochven is good. if you are in goons, you can go to pochven and do things there. imperium has decided not to commit alliance-level resources to it for reasons discussed in this thread, all of which make sense

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Any time individual goons are given something tantamount to an isk faucet, bad things happen.

Do you want Vilys? Because that's how you get Vilys.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

This is a good summary. The PvE/PvP blend is interesting for a few reasons:

1) Isk is paid out directly to each person as isk, no LP/blue loot/etc. So fully taxable.
2) The rewards scale up as the gang size increases up to a size of 15, after which it drops quickly towards zero. This makes 15 the default gang size. You can obviously run more than 1 gang of 15, and have alts that come along to help but then drop fleet when it's payout time but 15 is the size fights generally revolve around (barring escalation).
3) There are only ever 3 sites up at a time, they respawn instantly, they are very easy to run. This makes them a scarce and highly desireable resource which breeds a lot of fights.
4) Since the sites themselves are trivial from a difficulty standpoint (you need some logi to rep the dread dps), you can run them in pvp fits.
5) Since the soft cap of 15 limits numbers to some degree, it helps push back against the N+1 mentality somewhat. So rather than adding more muninns, you are frequently better off upshipping your 15 into stronger ships that punch harder.
6) In a weird scenario where you aren't getting into fights and just chaining sites, you can make something like 1B/hour/char. This never actually happens because stuff is so contested but still getting 500-750M/char/hour is still pretty good (imo).

What gangs people actually fly are hugely varied. There's a fleet of all marauders that runs pretty often, primarily near Archee. Horde runs a few different doctrines (vedmaks, dreks, paladins, ishtars). Frat varies but lately defaulting to ishtars so more people can multibox for more isk. The more "elite pvp" crowd bounces between barghest fleets, heavy armor (paladin/vindi), nighthawks and a few other comps.

Since there are basically always more fleets up than there are sites (and anyone who lives in poch has a ton of isk to replace losses), conflict happens very frequently. Sometimes that's a weaker fleet getting pushed off, but also frequently turns into a legit smackdown pvp fight where cool poo poo dies on one or both sides. Sometimes fleets will combine and you'll see a 40 vs 40 fight with a poo poo ton of isk on field.

Vilgan fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jul 1, 2022

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

learnincurve posted:

My money is on "used to krab with goons and lost his isk fountain when they unblued"

yeah, anyone who criticizes goons in some fashion must only have their opinion because they are butthurt about some selfish thing.

Net worth has gone from 915B to 1.3T from a combination of wormholes/poch (most of it) and some production in the past 2 months. Don't have to be personally impacted by a Mittens pronouncement to think it's kinda dumb. And yes, I realize that net worth is loving peanuts compared to some on here :)

Vilgan fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 1, 2022

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

there are lots of cool fights with interesting doctrines you don't see in null because the sizes are kept down because of how the site payouts work

I've heard horde just spam muninn fleets there with some weird static chain that just happens to be a few jumps outside their main staging. Or they could be just be spamming filaments with mini fleets, that seems simpler. Either way there's no point contesting a portion of space that's guarded religiously by the most effective and willing cat's paw in the game, backed up implicitly by the tenant-militia that comprises 3/4 of nullsec. Maybe if you needed key Titan components from there I guess, but not to make some krabs richer.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 30, 2022

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Vilgan posted:

yeah, anyone who criticizes goons in some fashion must only have their opinion because they are butthurt about some selfish thing.

Net worth has gone from 915B to 1.3T from a combination of wormholes/poch (most of it) and some production in the past 2 months. Don't have to be personally impacted by a Mittens pronouncement to think it's kinda dumb. And yes, I realize that net worth is loving peanuts compared to some on here :)

you are the most worthless krab.

goodbye.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

there is also small gang stuff, either small gang vs small gang, like the guy i know who goes out there in a vengeance by himself and collects a billion kills. you can also harass the larger fleets that are moving between systems (it's all one big pipe! you know where they're going!) you even get structure bashes like the big fights over rote structures or currently now people fighting over the FRT forts

pochven is good. if you are in goons, you can go to pochven and do things there. imperium has decided not to commit alliance-level resources to it for reasons discussed in this thread, all of which make sense
When I did Pochven stuff everyone just stayed docked until they had numbers superiority. I doubt that’s changed substantially.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Vilgan posted:

No, but like, you realize you're not unique in this plan of yours right? Not even a little bit. Some of us have been doing this since 2006. It's old and tired.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

my net worth is like five billion because I just go on fleets in subcaps and blow up dipshit pubbies for fun

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Anyone who brags about their net worth in EVE is a TEST spy, because they clearly jerk off to their upvote score.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

CainFortea posted:

wtf is pochven?

Space Hell.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Dik Hz posted:

dumb take

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Fun read back. Liquid ISK is dumb on an alliance level, hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.
NEW THREAD IS UP:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4006027