Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golgo13

A Ring-a-Ding-Ding!

It's a healthy addiction... :sludgepal:
Hi,

So I've recently realised my small collection of online friends had completely diminished. My IRL friends aren't gamers. I feel lonely at my desk.
I'm currently loving Monster Hunter World and multiplayer on that kinda works but it really is a bit archaic and i don't think I'll find it easy to make friends on it (maybe it'll be easier at hi rank i don't know).
I used to play EVE, I used to play World of Tanks, ages ago I used to play WoW. I had friend on them all, but like sands through the hour glass so are the days of our lives. Eventually i lost touch with them all.

I've been trying to remedy this recently by searching for a chilled out group of fellow old degenerates on discord and have found it surprisingly difficult. Either no one dare speak on chat channels, or there are children screaming into mics.

Is discord the wrong place for me to look? Would anyone recommend something else?
Has anyone else here found themselves in this predicament now or at some point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeffery
welcome to byob

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Golgo13

A Ring-a-Ding-Ding!

It's a healthy addiction... :sludgepal:
Hi Jeff

Oh and btw I'm not in any way suffering from depression or feeling isolated etc, etc, if anyone is getting that impression from my post. If I was in any emotional turmoil i would have posted in E/N: Everyone's/Neurotic or something.

I'd just like to see if anyone else finds it harder to meet gamers that relate to these days :a2m:

City of Glompton

hello you should come join us in the chat thread

and tell us your favorite pizza, and how is your dog?

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

City of Glompton posted:

hello you should come join us in the chat thread

and tell us your favorite pizza, and how is your dog?

• Locked thread