Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Stairmaster posted:

theyre right about gt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Vegeta's mustache is good filler.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

GT is canon

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Namtab posted:

GT is canon

Filler can’t be canon, sorry.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013
Anime original stuff is canon to the anime

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The GT stands for Good Times

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Gt is unwatchable trash

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Julias posted:

You're half right, but the G actually stands for Goku.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Julias posted:

GT is tiny goku backwards

RevolverDivider posted:

Gt is unwatchable trash

It's actually good op

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Namtab posted:

It's actually good op

yeah, GT does have a good opening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMAyAsjaIKM

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

AnacondaHL posted:

lmao was this thread created as a response to this website
https://www.animefillerlist.com/shows

How does it justify this?

RevolverDivider posted:

None of that is actually filled though since the anime is the source material.

animefillerlist.com disagrees!

livingfruitvirus fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 21, 2018

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

livingfruitvirus posted:

animefillerlist.com disagrees!

With Super the idea of filler kind of loses meaning since the source material is Toriyama's notes which we'll likely never get to see and which were meant to be expanded upon in the first place. Thus, at best we can merely speculate what did and didn't come from them by comparing the anime and manga, both of which expand upon them in unique ways.

Or we can ignore that and accept Super as an original concept with no base in a previously-existing work, thus it can't have filler since there's nothing to fill in the first place. It's easier that way.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also how can Cowboy Bebop have filler when the anime is literally the original source material?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

Violet Evergarden is like 90% original content not from the books. Which is great because it avoided a really, really dumb story beat from the novels and was more of a "story of the week" format instead.
What plot point was that?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
apparently in the books they made it seem like the emotionless girl with robot hands in a setting with robots was a robot at first.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Blaze Dragon posted:

With Super the idea of filler kind of loses meaning since the source material is Toriyama's notes which we'll likely never get to see and which were meant to be expanded upon in the first place.

The canonical material should be whatever is first published, unless later retconned by the author. Pre-production shouldn't count.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Fist of the North Star filler is the best filler. I could watch Kenshiro fight dudes who shoot themselves out of cannons and THE LAST TANK ON EARTH all day.

Then again I could just watch Kenshiro fight random assholes all day, so you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

MarsDragon posted:

Fist of the North Star filler is the best filler. I could watch Kenshiro fight dudes who shoot themselves out of cannons and THE LAST TANK ON EARTH all day.

Then again I could just watch Kenshiro fight random assholes all day, so you know.

FotNS is practically made for filler since its entire premise is "What gimmick will the guy Ken blows up this week have?". You can make infinite episodes where writers throw wacky villain ideas at the wall and it will all seem to fit in perfectly.

• Locked thread