Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wobbly Python
Jan 2, 2014

Howdy folks! I'm puttin' on a show of games! Some kind of games show! One about drawing dumb ideas.

Specifically, I'm combining the powers of Drawpile and Twitch.tv to get a couple of artists onto a single canvas, and then having them draw inane garbage for an audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txxuITu7HEg&t=669s Here's the first episode, as a complete unit. It's the best description of the show you're gonna' get, but it's two hours long, and this post is maybe 15 minutes long if you're awful slow about it.

Primarily, it's a game of escalation, where artists are tasked with drawing an additional conceptual layer into an image, but they only get two or three minutes per pass. A little like how your loud uncle adds new, hidden goals to his political conversations at every Thanksgiving dinner.

We all giggle like idiots and make jokes about whatever's going on with the canvas.

Sometimes it turns out great!

Other times it turns out really extra great

Alright, so why a thread? And other questions I'm putting in your mouth.

I feel like this is the sort of chuckle-worthy abomination you guys might be interested in watching, first and foremost. But you can't launch a show without telling someone you're launching a show, right?

So this is all advertisement?
NO! Absolutely not! I'm also looking for Audience participation! You can follow that link right there to submit stuff that you'd like to see drawn by your favorite fools in a rushed manner. It's almost exactly like buying on-the-spot commissions at your anime convention of choice. Save for you don't know if you're going to get what you're not paying for, and it's gonna' have five or six other people's requestes slap chopped right the gently caress in there.

I ask that you keep the concepts simple, as I'm stacking them on top of each other over time, but if I get enough submissions on an idea, I'll trim it down and it can become part of the act. I will also re-use prompts, because whether "Big tiddy goth" gets added first or third in the concept stack makes a big difference in how it gets added. And every artist I can showcase will do it a different way.

But this is the creative convention. We all draw here.
More participation! If you have Discord, which is free. Seriously go get it.Also, you are willing to download the collaborative art program Drawpile then I can put you on the air with us! You just have to promise not to draw anything that will get me booted off of Twitch, or say anything that will make me want to boot you out of life.

So you want me to draw stuff for you, on your show, for no money?
Yep. But only quick garbage.

I also want to give you a spot at the end of our time to go through and plug all your artistic outlets. This can be your Instagram, your Twitch, your Twitter, your Webstore, or your other [COMMISSIONS OUTLET]. All to what may be an audience of people impressed by how quick, clever, and fun you and your drawings are.

I hope that might sound like a fair trade.

Okay, so when's it happening?

It just so happens one of this weekend's artists made a flier for just such a question!

But if you don't want to open a thumbnail it's on Saturday, September 1st, at 6pm PST. I'll be hosting it on my Twitch. WobblyPython.

I'm aiming to put out an episode every month. However! if you and another artist can organize another time I'd be more than happy to turn up the lights and music assuming it doesn't impact my day job. You can contact me most easily on my discord, which you can join by following the link below the video feed at http://twitch.tv/WobblyPython.

This wall of text, images, and effort hasn't convinced me of anything.
Alright, well, how about you just watch 13 minutes of us during a practice/tech session doing the thing, and decide if it's for you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arDkHpLElhM

This is also the first actual airing of this show as a complete thing that I've ever done. So if you have comments, criticisms, and scathing personal insults, I'd be very interested in reading them. Bonus points if you have experience running a gameshow and know where I can get an affordable sequined suit.

Wobbly Python fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

Wobbly Python posted:

Howdy folks! I'm puttin' on a show of games! Some kind of games show! One about drawing dumb ideas.

Specifically, I'm combining the powers of Drawpile and Twitch.tv to get a couple of artists onto a single canvas, and then having them draw inane garbage for an audience.

This is also the first actual airing of this show as a complete thing that I've ever done. So if you have comments, criticisms, and scathing personal insults, I'd be very interested in reading them. Bonus points if you have experience running a gameshow and know where I can get an affordable sequined suit.

I've mentioned in the past that I would probably be down for this, and as to the sequined suit? Well, for a show, sometimes all y'need is a jacket, and, no lie, if I had £70 disposable, I would throw that down on this beautifully garish number toute-feckin'-suite...

Wobbly Python
Jan 2, 2014
Well that was faster than I expected.

I'm going to have to find some room in the budget for that.

Wobbly Python
Jan 2, 2014
I'm pretty excited to announce that I've got the Art Director of Double Stallion games, and our very own goon games reviewer JamieTheD booked for this Saturday at 7PM EST.

We know they can speed brawl, but can they speed art?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVZOR7jhk0o

Additionally, the show has been evolving over the last 11 episodes, and we've settled into a reasonably consistent format that you can sample at the link above.