Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sentinel Red posted:

https://ohdannyboy.blogspot.com/2007/01/batman-alan-grant-norm-breyfogle-speak.html

Good interview with him and Alan Grant from a decade ago, kinda sucks the way DC treated him though, had no idea about any of it.

It's not the worst policy to assume every creator who's ever worked at the big 2 was treated poorly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I was just reminded that Nick Spencer is taking over Archie and I'm sad.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Someone inflicted a curse upon comicdom and nick spencer is it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Endless Mike posted:

Wait? What?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Lurdiak posted:

Someone inflicted a curse upon comicdom and evs is it.
c'mon now.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Wait? What?

#699 coming out next week is Waid's last issue and sounds like it's just a recap issue to bring in new readers for #700 which is being written by Nick Spencer.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

c'mon now.

I don't see EVS being handed Archie and Spider-man and Captain America.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/EdPiskor/status/1043240351346114561

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

#699 coming out next week is Waid's last issue and sounds like it's just a recap issue to bring in new readers for #700 which is being written by Nick Spencer.

They renumbered back?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Yeah, they're renumbering back. Archie 699 is a recap issue, so 32 was really Mark Waid's last issue. Waid's currently doing an Archie mini now, Archie 1941. It's ok I guess; too early to say. Betty and Veronica is also renumbering back to 1 (after a good long run of 3 issues!).

I already have a preexisting Archie subscription so I'm going to end up owning some of Spencer's issues whether I want to or not; I really didn't like his first issue of ASM but I'm hoping he's less inclined to burn Archie's life to the ground than he is for Peter. I'll probably post a trip report when it comes out.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I think I came up with the dumbest way you can number comics. Every odd number issue is numbered with the issuse number in the current series. Every even number issue is given the issuse number of that run over all from the beginning. So you would go 33, 788, 35, 790, etcetera.

I call it "Marvel Legacy."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Argue posted:

Yeah, they're renumbering back. Archie 699 is a recap issue, so 32 was really Mark Waid's last issue. Waid's currently doing an Archie mini now, Archie 1941. It's ok I guess; too early to say. Betty and Veronica is also renumbering back to 1 (after a good long run of 3 issues!).

I already have a preexisting Archie subscription so I'm going to end up owning some of Spencer's issues whether I want to or not; I really didn't like his first issue of ASM but I'm hoping he's less inclined to burn Archie's life to the ground than he is for Peter. I'll probably post a trip report when it comes out.

I liked the first issue of Archie 1941, but it's tonally a 180 from the main book, being a serious look at teens staring down a world war rather than a silly comedy where serious things sometimes happen.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Tried my usual visit to the gym this afternoon and I just couldn't hack it. Just felt completely drained out - no energy for exercise whatsoever. Half an hour on an exercise bike, a few weights and that was it, which is rubbish. I know this has nothing to do with comics and I know it's trivial but I'm very frustrated about it and wanted to vent - I won't do it again. Does anyone else ever have days like that?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Tried my usual visit to the gym this afternoon and I just couldn't hack it. Just felt completely drained out - no energy for exercise whatsoever. Half an hour on an exercise bike, a few weights and that was it, which is rubbish. I know this has nothing to do with comics and I know it's trivial but I'm very frustrated about it and wanted to vent - I won't do it again. Does anyone else ever have days like that?

All the time man. As long as you can stay determined and not give up you'll be fine. Just don't let a bad day get you down.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Yeah that happens sometimes, do you take pre-workout?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

David D. Davidson posted:

Yeah that happens sometimes, do you take pre-workout?

What, supplements and that kind of thing? Nah, I've never used any of that stuff.

It was really strange because I went down to the gym and I felt like I was ready to go and get really stuck in but then almost as soon as I got started I just felt like, "Nope, it's not happening today."

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Well pre-workout is basically just powderized caffeine with L-Citrulline andsome flavoring in it. There's some that have stuff like creatine or amino acid chains in them too. It could help you if it starts to become a regular thing.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Sep 29, 2018

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
I ordered some books from a shop who inadvertently sent me someone else's order, which included Batman Damned.

Is that an unsolicited Batdick pic?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Better get that fucker on ebay.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
you just know that DC is gonna react to this batman's dick thing the wrong way. They're gonna see that issue going for fifty buck on ebay, decide that the fans want genitals, and a year from now do a Bottomless Month where every comic features the superhero's genitals exposed throughout.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Guy Goodbody posted:

you just know that DC is gonna react to this batman's dick thing the wrong way. They're gonna see that issue going for fifty buck on ebay, decide that the fans want genitals, and a year from now do a Bottomless Month where every comic features the superhero's genitals exposed throughout.

Incoming A.V Club Article: "Superman confirmed to have a dick and it's 4.89 inches flacid."

For those who don't get the reference (maybe safe for work?)

Covok fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Sep 30, 2018

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Guy Goodbody posted:

I thought you said they would react the wrong way.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I thought you said they would react the wrong way.

I bet there's a lot of comic book artists who can't draw vaginas

Guy Goodbody fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Sep 30, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I bet there's a lot of comic book artists who can't draw vaginas

Greg Land at least has plenty of reference photos.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
The funny thing is that I watched Mandy last night, and it does feature the actor who played Thomas Wayne in Batman Begins and we do see his dick there too.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

David D. Davidson posted:

The funny thing is that I watched Mandy last night, and it does feature the actor who played Thomas Wayne in Batman Begins and we do see his dick there too.

There's also a Superman mooseknuckle in there if you count Teen Titans Go Movie Superman

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/sinKEVitch/status/1045699218604576768

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

October thread here

• Locked thread