Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

got some chores tonight posted:

The day you (Frequency Vibrations) become an NBA player, your friend named Bo$$ Key Yacht dies from drunk driving and the game ends with a ten minute ghost monologue. Shakespeare himself couldn't write a better NBA video game script.

that dude was poo poo and I was glad he died lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
I love when my friends blackmail me after I become successful.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
like the very first scene in the game he's following you around with a video camera zooming in on your sister's rear end

wow so endearing

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I still can’t believe the script went out of its way to explain that you and your sister are biological twins.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

In retrospect, 2k16 was the best story by a landslide

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
was 2k16 also the one with the really lazy voice acting from players

those were great too

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Which was the one with Michael B Jordan and Orange Juice? That was fun, it also had a cool gameplay gimmick that worked well with it.

It was funny though how MBJ's character became Kawhi level good halfway through your first season, kinda made it a bit easy.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

2k16: freq
2k17: prez
2k18: dj
2k19: ai

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
17 also had the best soundtrack ever

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

Now Now was on this soundtrack, got a little bit of shine, then dropped a member and got awful!

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

the_american_dream posted:

That's a weird way of saying 13.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

This game has unskippable commercials before you can start games lmaoooo

gently caress 2k man, for real

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlEv-fXHDew

WNBA :toot:

Geek Icon
May 8, 2006
Hello.
Got NBA2K19 from the Steam sale, played for about 5 hours before I quit and requested a refund.

I played a bit of MyGM and Career, and both were terrible, horrible slogs, with MyGM being the worst. I've put around 400 hours in 2K11/12 and the amount of hours played with each iteration have just being going downhill ever since. Didn't even bother with 18 because of all the reviews.

It seriously sucks that 2K is the only company that can churn out basketball games.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
My GM owns, My Career sure trash, but the My GM story is sensationally dumb and great.

Also if you don't like the story in MyGM just do my league.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Yeah if you don’t like it you don’t like it, but I’ve gotten way too much entertainment out of MyLeague. Career is definitely a grind

Keep an eye out for a Live sale maybe? I don’t think the basketball is as fun, but it definitely has different systems

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I played a bit of Live last weekend for the first time in a while and it's still pretty fun. The career mode definitely has less of a grind than the last 2K I played

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i thought mygm in 2k18 was a little bit more fun esp if you firesale your team for first round picks and draft the euro and bronny jr. mygm 2k19 invites you to make a team with a big 3 of lebron, luka (or trae young), and hassan whiteside which is pretty depressing

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I just played a neighborhood game with a guy in all Miami gear that looked like Chalmers and had tats like Chalmers and he went like 1/15 jacking threes non stop it was beautiful

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Neighborhood mode is the only fun thing about this game, when you get two other dudes who are decent and go on a good win streak it's amazing.

Can always play with some good shooters so I'm on Xbox if anyone wants to play. I have a lockdown guard and a two way defending PF. Working on Elite 3!

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Are there any sliders that can get you close to how bonkers this off-season was? Just crank up injuries and trade frequency?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Neighborhood players are such unbelievable trash no one knows how to switch or take picks. It's just like real life pick up.

The amount of times people lose their guy into the lane while I'm occupying it, chase after their dude, then give up an easy kick out for a three is insane. It's always tiny PGs too.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

quote:

Starting on August 21st at 12:01 am PT, you can get an early start on your MyCAREER while testing out the new MyPLAYER builder and hitting the court two weeks ahead of the game’s launch by downloading the NBA 2K20 Demo. In the NBA 2K20 Demo, you can try out multiple MyPLAYER configurations to create the player that best fits your play-style, which will be carried over to NBA 2K20 at launch on September 6th. The NBA 2K20 Demo will be available exclusively on Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch.

Cool!

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
drat they might have made mycareer good again finally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZiTgBg2GTc

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Sure why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3896770