Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Basebf555 posted:

I get it, but if they just hold that shot for 2 seconds more, it lands in a completely different way instead of being a moment that people have to youtube after the fact because they looked down to take a sip of their drink or whatever.

When you get the edit taken away from you, you just follow the whims of the producers. Regardless if it’s the right way or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Basebf555 posted:

At least with those deaths the weird editing is in service of showing the audience some gnarly gore. The one in The Predator takes what could've been a memorable moment completely away from the audience because like 3/4 of people who saw the movie seem to have missed it completely. Like, nobody asks what happened to Mac after they finish watching Predator, you know that his head got completely splattered, or that Blaine got his chest exploded.

Oh, I totally agree. I also think it works great in the first film because not only are you unsure of what the Predator looks like or what it can do, you're not even able to figure out exactly how it's even killing people except that it (a) can put gigantic holes through your torso, and (b) enjoys skin.